Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Ariel

I was stunned at the mothers who appeared in Netflix's Pandemic documentary saying that they know more than doctors.
After being told by more than a few random people on social media that my daughter’s rare genetic condition (that wasn’t inherited, but spontaneously created in her) was the result of vaccinations and I’m at fault for her condition, I’m sadly no longer surprised by things like this.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
I think this is coming for all states by the end of today.

How many states still don't have it? I doubt we see 30 or so announce today.

Texas has a conference in about 20 minutes, so very possible Texas announces today, but they've been so delayed on everything else that it would be shocking if they do.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
How many states still don't have it? I doubt we see 30 or so announce today.

Texas has a conference in about 20 minutes, so very possible Texas announces today, but they've been so delayed on everything else that it would be shocking if they do.

My state (Florida - at least by me) has a non-essential business closure. But there are various interpretations on what that actually means.

They specifically identify certain businesses that fall within what can be opened and closed. But they don't identify regular (meaning offices) business. It's very vague. With a "Stay At Home" order - it would be a little clearer.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’ve now officially been told not to go to work from tomorrow. I work for a company that has departments whose job it is to know what’s going on.

No confirmed news yet, and I hope they’re wrong, but there’s potential I won’t go back until the end of May. And we’re meant to be “ahead” of the US.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I’ve now officially been told not to go to work from tomorrow. I work for a company that has departments whose job it is to know what’s going on.

No confirmed news yet, and I hope they’re wrong, but there’s potential I won’t go back until the end of May. And we’re meant to be “ahead” of the US.

Be safe.

Patcheslee

Our town just shut down a bunch of the public parks because people were congregating. :rolleyes:
We had the sports park closed after around 200ppl showed up for a charity baseball tournament. Organizer argued there were never more than 2 teams on the field. They are trying to keep them open enough for a family that lives together to get out, but even the vandalism and thefts have gone up, so it's the idiots who ruin it for everyone.

ImperfectPixie

We had the sports park closed after around 200ppl showed up for a charity baseball tournament. Organizer argued there were never more than 2 teams on the field. They are trying to keep them open enough for a family that lives together to get out, but even the vandalism and thefts have gone up, so it's the idiots who ruin it for everyone.
It really is. Our town's crime rate is VERY low - mostly drunk and disorderly, break ins (many in which the perpetrator and victim know each other)...low on the totem pole stuff like that. I read 4 separate posts about overnight car break-ins that happened on the same day.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It really is. Our town's crime rate is VERY low - mostly drunk and disorderly, break ins (many in which the perpetrator and victim know each other)...low on the totem pole stuff like that. I read 4 separate posts about overnight car break-ins that happened on the same day.
I think reported crimes are likely way down overall because police are less likely to want to arrest anyone for something minor. Traffic stops probably almost non-existent. Obviously a break in or attempted burglary would still result in an arrest.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member

I'm worried about hackers. With everybody working from home on personal PC's and laptops - outside of pen tested networks.

21stamps

This can’t happen. It’s not right. Cities/States/Counties can’t start closing parks. Too many people need them.

I have a relatively large yard for my area..but there’s so many people who have tiny yards or live in apartments, townhomes, or condos who need to be able to go somewhere to get exercise.

If I am off the next couple of weeks, we are going to finally complete all of the county parks in the 3 counties around us...I’ll bring our bikes and blades. We’ll probably go to Red River Gorge or Hocking Hills if it’s nice enough next weekend, maybe try to do a weekend hiking trip each weekend during the closures. Maybe I’ll even find a spot to finally take my Wrangler off road.

My brain has been going over anything possible we can do.. and I can’t imagine if parks weren’t an option.

ImperfectPixie

I think reported crimes are likely way down overall because police are less likely to want to arrest anyone for something minor. Traffic stops probably almost non-existent. Obviously a break in or attempted burglary would still result in an arrest.
I meant they're low anyways...when something isn't going on, lol.

trainplane3

I haven't kept up on the news over there but are companies still paying even during the downtime?

On a completely different note (and just a conversation piece for work from home stuff), an email was sent out this past Friday with statistics on the move from in office to work from home for departments that typically in office only. I gotta say, it's impressive and really makes a good point to invest in IT. Minimal issues even though loads have staggeringly increased across everything.

ImperfectPixie

It’s been interesting watching the Disney vloggers over the last few days. Talk about a lack of material. “And this is what’s in my underwear drawer 😜...”.
I had to delete a video from my group titled:

"Rey sees Kylo Ren respond to DisneyWorld SHUTDOWN | Mickey Mouse FIRES Cast Members! (Emotional)".

Sorry, but I'm not about to let my group be used to generate clicks by someone who is using the CMs getting laid off or the CP kids being told to go home in order to garner attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom