Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Hawg G

I can’t say I‘ve come across any. And you’d have to actually watch them, right?
P
The idea of "rerrideability" is great but it's also a luxury and not something everyone can experience. It shouldn't be justification for "bad show" or the difference between guest A having a smile plastered on her face and guest B sporting a blank expressionless stare as they pass by the same area. (pardon the hyperbole)

Exactly! And since when did that become acceptable? (again hyperbole...sorry) The whole "asking for a specific row "shouldn't exist if the story was equal for everyone. I say this not to rant but to show there's a possible issue to resolve should Disney wish to address it - along with these queue and boarding group growing pains.

YES, rerideability is from a bygone Disney era. You’re lucky to ride a new ride ONCE during an entire week.

I want to see the whole ride NOW, not have to wait a whole year for round 2, like I’m going to remember any details.

Giss Neric

Yeah, I was going to say that I doubt they're sending every row filled with four people.
Trouble grouping probably cause they have to consider those guests who wants their own row or probably they have to consider splitting parties cause their size/weight
P

YES, rerideability is from a bygone Disney era. You’re lucky to ride a new ride ONCE during an entire week.

I want to see the whole ride NOW, not have to wait a whole year for round 2, like I’m going to remember any details.
Hey, I was able to ride Flight of Passage four times in a week with one fastpass, one during rope drop and two times just standby cause not a lot of guests in Animal Kingdom recently surprisingly. This is 3 years after it opened though that the ride has finally settled down and not as much hype cause it was stolen by the trackless rides.

Last edited:

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Yeah, I was going to say that I doubt they're sending every row filled with four people.

They filled the car in front of us, then left us with two rows half full (first car). That could have been because there were several families with wheelchairs behind us in line but they will often comb the queue at Space to find 1-2 riders to fill ride vehicles so they probably could have done that here as well. I’m sure this will improve over time.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I also enjoy the POV videos but what would be cool is if the parks banned cameras and released their own high quality POV on social media so we can still enjoy it, and not have a million people waving their cell phones in the air.

I know when I go to Disney I'm going to enjoy the actual rides and let others worry about filming.
Ban cellphones then.

Some go to great lengths not to distract others.

yensidtlaw1969

I have a question are they going to change the pre-show for California? It makes no sense to have you as the guest enter the screen to enter the cartoon since you are already in the cartoon world in toontown.
I suppose it could be argued that the jump is justified as going from this style of cartoon out in Toontown:

1583888050331.png

To this style of cartoon in the short/ride:

1583888066614.png

Since the concept art seems to suggest the queue will be themed in the classic-cartoon-style of Toontown I would assume this is indeed the route they're taking. But perhaps they intend to reconfigure things to make sense of it in a different way.

TwilightZone

I suppose it could be argued that the jump is justified as going from this style of cartoon out in Toontown:

View attachment 455407

To this style of cartoon in the short/ride:

View attachment 455408

Since the concept art seems to suggest the queue will be themed in the classic-cartoon-style of Toontown I would assume this is indeed the route they're taking. But perhaps they intend to reconfigure things to make sense of it in a different way.
hot take but the comparison here helps show why I personally prefer the new mickey design to the old one. The new one is so fluid while the old one is kinda boring. Also technically the "old" design isn't that old at all...it's probably been around since the 80s or 90s iirc. If toontown gets redressed with the new style I would be fine with it...though I don't really see that happening.

Giss Neric

I do hope they gather all the slight and major criticisms on this ride and change it for Disneyland's version. Since it's projections, why can't they change the scenes? Instead of the tornado scene, make it an earthquake scene since it's California. Add more 4D effects. Make a new theme song.

Movielover

I do hope they gather all the slight and major criticisms on this ride and change it for Disneyland's version. Since it's projections, why can't they change the scenes? Instead of the tornado scene, make it an earthquake scene since it's California. Add more 4D effects. Make a new theme song.

Sounds like what you're suggesting will cost more money...

1583916907957.png

Expect a visit from Bobby soon...

;)

DisneyfanMA

Out of curiosity does anyone know how much this ride cost Disney to develop and build? Seems like this one was on time and without a lot of drama compared to other rides.

Fable McCloud

I gotta say, I love the trackless aspect of it.

What I don't care for the fact that you can't see everything from every seat. If it's about re-rideability, the Haunted Mansion directs every doombuggy the same way and I find that better. It allows me to see what I was meant to AND when I re-ride it I always look around in every scene to see little details. I know they wanted this big, immersive environment with large set pieces, but some people might only be able to ride it once, and they could lose out on seeing some of the punchlines or details if they're not in the right seat or car. Everyone should have the same viewing opportunities.

The Mystic Manor and Winnie the Pooh rides are both trackless and you can see everything. When you ride again, you can start to look around and see details and little nods and Easter eggs, but if you only ride once, you don't miss out on anything.

Last edited:

SplashJacket

I gotta say, I love the trackless aspect of it.

What I don't care for the fact that you can't see everything from every seat. If it's about re-rideability, the Haunted Mansion directs every doombuggy the same way and I find that better. It allows me to see what I was meant to AND when I re-ride it I always look around in every scene to see little details. I know they wanted this big, immersive environment with large set pieces, but some people might only be able to ride it once, and they could lose out on seeing some of the punchlines or details if they're not in the right seat or car. Everyone should have the same viewing opportunities.

The Mystic Manor and Winnie the Pooh rides in Shanghai are both trackless and you can see everything. When you ride again, you can start to look around and see details and little nods and Easter eggs, but if you only ride once, you don't miss out on anything.

Honestly, I think it would be very hard for a projection based ride like this to display everything perfectly to everyone, especially when the rooms transform. There is just so much going on as it is not all physical and thus there are far fewer static points.

As for Mystic Manor and Winnie the Pooh, MM is in Hong Kong and Winnie the Pooh is in Tokyo Disneyland. Shanghai does not have a trackless dark ride.

Touchdown

Honestly, I think it would be very hard for a projection based ride like this to display everything perfectly to everyone, especially when the rooms transform. There is just so much going on as it is not all physical and thus there are far fewer static points.

As for Mystic Manor and Winnie the Pooh, MM is in Hong Kong and Winnie the Pooh is in Tokyo Disneyland. Shanghai does not have a trackless dark ride.

Pirates is a trackless ride at SDL.

Touchdown

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom