Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

Andrew M

I’d go as far to say that thematically speaking, this ride fits even better. The premise involves you going to a premiere in the Chinese theatre as opposed to walking in the Chinese theatre and all of a sudden being on a soundstage.

I loved how they incorporated the Chinese Theatre in the line just like GMR, and was pleasantly surprised to see the decor (and overall concept of being in a theater) brought in as a main part of the pre-show, really tied everything together nicely. I was expecting when it was first announced that you'd walk in through the Chinese Theatre and then the inside would have been gutted and resembled nothing like the building you just walked into.

So when was the last time the Imagineers created a Mickey Mouse AA? The Mickey Mouse Review, back in the frickin' 1970's or something? And now they finally get the chance to make another one...and it looks like it was designed by Zombie Pablo Picasso (no, that's not a compliment).

I was initially enthusiastic for this ride, and the initial videos looked good...but I just can't get past the awful balloon-headed AAs. They look cheap and sloppy. It's so disappointing. A fully-articulated Mickey Mouse AA, done in the 1930's style, could have been amazing. (Ditto with Minnie and Pluto and Pete). And it would have been much more timeless than the Mouse from the new toons...although, really, the Mickey in those actually looks okay when he's on-model. He doesn't look all that flat and cardboard-y. The Imagineers just didn't adapt that style to the AAs very well. What a drag. It's a flaw that hurts the whole ride experience if you're a Mouse fan. Maybe it all looks okay in person, but I doubt it...

I may be in the minority, but I like the projection screen AAs. Especially when you're supposed to be in a cartoon, everything (including buildings and landscaping) being animated and moving along with the music/action really works well.

I really enjoyed the ride, alot more than I was expecting to. There is alot to take in, and your experience probably varies based on what car you get, so you can re-ride it quite a few times and still discover new things.

Giss Neric

Yep. It‘s terrible. I really wish they would ban recording videos on rides. Not only does it spoil stuff and is distracting for other riders but it rarely looks good. The videos for ROTR do not do it justice at all.
NO, I wholeheartedly disagree. That's what I like about Disney is they allow filming on rides as compared to Universal where they are so annoyingly strict on every ride, even the non-thrill rides. I often find myself entertained on watching other people's experience on the ride through their own video documentation.

Andrew M

NO, I wholeheartedly disagree. That's what I like about Disney is they allow filming on rides as compared to Universal where they are so annoyingly strict on every ride, even the non-thrill rides. I often find myself entertained on watching other people's experience on the ride through their own video documentation.

Yeah, I love that you can watch POV videos of all the rides. If you don't want to find out what happens, just avoid watching them. Also staying off a WDW message board is another good idea if you don't want ride spoilers.

I have yet to ride ROTR and am trying to hold out watching anything or reading too much about til I get to try for this summer. So far, so good.

Minthorne

I rode it twice last week. Once in the front car and once in the last car. I really enjoyed it the first time though in the front car and felt the entire experience flowed well. Then on the second ride in the back car I felt like I was playing catch up and entering rooms after the main action had already taken place.

The effects of the projections are really well done in my opinion and worked well. Ask for the front car. :)

Last edited:

tirian

Yep. It‘s terrible. I really wish they would ban recording videos on rides. Not only does it spoil stuff and is distracting for other riders but it rarely looks good. The videos for ROTR do not do it justice at all.
If they really bother you, just don’t watch them. :D

Otherwise, how would most fans be able to watch attractions from around the world? :)

Rich Brownn

I loved how they incorporated the Chinese Theatre in the line just like GMR, and was pleasantly surprised to see the decor (and overall concept of being in a theater) brought in as a main part of the pre-show, really tied everything together nicely. I was expecting when it was first announced that you'd walk in through the Chinese Theatre and then the inside would have been gutted and resembled nothing like the building you just walked into.

I may be in the minority, but I like the projection screen AAs. Especially when you're supposed to be in a cartoon, everything (including buildings and landscaping) being animated and moving along with the music/action really works well.

I really enjoyed the ride, alot more than I was expecting to. There is alot to take in, and your experience probably varies based on what car you get, so you can re-ride it quite a few times and still discover new things.
Mickey and Minnie look weird when they turn their heads and the nose slides off to the side where your ear would be,

DisneyfanMA

I also enjoy the POV videos but what would be cool is if the parks banned cameras and released their own high quality POV on social media so we can still enjoy it, and not have a million people waving their cell phones in the air.

I know when I go to Disney I'm going to enjoy the actual rides and let others worry about filming.

DisneyfanMA

speaking of POV I think the ride itself looks excellent and surpasses my hopes. As always you wish it were a scene or two longer, but it is nice that Disney has finally brought a few trackless rides with 21st century tech stateside. Very exctied for my kids to experience this soon (virus permitting)

ImperfectPixie

I also enjoy the POV videos but what would be cool is if the parks banned cameras and released their own high quality POV on social media so we can still enjoy it, and not have a million people waving their cell phones in the air.

I know when I go to Disney I'm going to enjoy the actual rides and let others worry about filming.
With how often the DPB changes camera angles at the worst possible moment during the 4th of July and New Year's fireworks livestreams, there's no way I'd trust them to post decent POV videos.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
If they really bother you, just don’t watch them. :D

Otherwise, how would most fans be able to watch attractions from around the world? :)

Animated thumbnails, autoplaying videos, disrupting other riders,etc. You haven’t been paying attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom