Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

POTC

How did you like it??
I thought it was a really fun ride! It’s no RotR, but I went in knowing that. IMO, it’s one of the best family dark ride in the American parks. My only complaint (without giving anything away) is that I wish we spent more time in each showroom. The cars move way too fast and on both ride-throughs I found myself missing important story beats.

DHS still isn’t my favorite park, but it’s definitely the best place to be when it comes to E-ticket attractions.

UNCgolf

Wait times are still being extremely overstated. Posted line was 105 at 10:45 and am boarding now at 11:50!

This is consistent throughout the parks for basically all rides. I assume they do it to make people happy that they didn't wait as long as they were expecting/avoid people complaining that the wait time said 105 but I was in line for 115!

Airlines do this with expected flight times, too (at least Delta does; I assume they all do). The listed flight duration is consistently 20 or so minutes longer than the actual flight. I almost always land 15-20 minutes "early".

Last edited:

BubbaisSleep

True! I guess Disney probably does not care and just wants to add a popular ride to the land and not really get down to the story. It just seems so odd to watch a cartoon in a cartoon world! 😂
Haha I get what you’re saying. Maybe to make it less weird, think about cartoons watching real life humans. Now that is weird, so maybe cartoons watching cartoons may seem normal now lol.

MadTeacup

Actually it's not an ops preference. The GMR courtyard is indeed a pyro fallout zone where guests are not allowed during fireworks. This hasn't always been the case, as pyro wasn't always loaded directly above the courtyard, but now it is.
Every night with the current version of the show? Last I checked, I could walk through the courtyard during SWAGFFA. I thought, if anything, it depends on the wind. I also thought the shells they use are too small to warrant a fallout closure. Much like at Comissary Way, there's falling debris, but nothing that I believe is a true safety issue.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
I tried to go into ROTR as blind as possible but several things were spoiled for me due to auto-play videos and animated thumbnails on videos also autoplaying.

Yep. It‘s terrible. I really wish they would ban recording videos on rides. Not only does it spoil stuff and is distracting for other riders but it rarely looks good. The videos for ROTR do not do it justice at all.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Meh, I wasn't that impressed in person.

574EC0CB-9C7F-471D-92C0-3CA303A04B29.gif

nickys

Premium Member
Yep. It‘s terrible. I really wish they would ban recording videos on rides. Not only does it spoil stuff and is distracting for other riders but it rarely looks good. The videos for ROTR do not do it justice at all.

Then we wouldn’t have all Martin’s videos. And some people want to be able to see a ride before trying it.

I’ve watched a POV for Everest, because I wanted to see if I thought I could handle it. Still not sure if I’ll get on it or not, but at least I know what it’s like. Rise isn’t a coaster, therefore I don’t need to know, so I don’t want to know.

I don’t know where you’re seeing these thumbnails etc. If I’m watching one thing and I notice anything else playing on the screen, I just stop. It’s distracting to me and I’ll find somewhere else to watch it. So I never pay enough attention to even notice what it was.

Markiewong

This is consistent throughout the parks for basically all rides. I assume they do it to make people happy that they didn't wait as long as they were expecting/avoid people complaining that the wait time said 105 but I was in line for 115!

Airlines do this with expected flight times, too (at least Delta does; I assume they all do). The listed flight duration is consistently 20 or so minutes longer than the actual flight. I almost always land 15-20 minutes "early".
Expecations versus reality. You always have to exceed them. The examples you gave a right and they are done intentionally. Theres bunch of research done regarding waiting lines, and tons of them use Disney as case study.

Universal did the same with Hagrids when I went in november. Posted wait time of 180 min while we waited max 70.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom