Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway confirmed

donsullivan

Premium Member
Is there just not enough time to split people up and get them into rows before the next train arrives? Or does it have to do with the pre-show?

The area right at load is a little on the tight side. When I was there on Saturday (2 rides about 3-4 hours apart) they seemed to be trying to keep two trains worth of people in the chutes for each vehicle row but there really isn't enough space for that to happen comfortably. As a result there is a lot of shuffling around of people in the area before boarding. There is also absolutely no room to stage people who demand specific rows - don't do this people. All those requesting the front row are clogging up the line as it leaves the switchback and enters the individual chutes for each vehicle row. They are also trying to pull single riders when available to backfill partially filled rows but the tight quarters at the seat row chutes makes that challenging. All of those together is clogging up the works a little.

I'm sure as all the CM's get used to it they'll come up with ways to optimize things and get it a little smoother flowing. It has only been a few days after all.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
The area right at load is a little on the tight side. When I was there on Saturday (2 rides about 3-4 hours apart) they seemed to be trying to keep two trains worth of people in the chutes for each vehicle row but there really isn't enough space for that to happen comfortably. As a result there is a lot of shuffling around of people in the area before boarding. There is also absolutely no room to stage people who demand specific rows - don't do this people. All those requesting the front row are clogging up the line as it leaves the switchback and enters the individual chutes for each vehicle row. They are also trying to pull single riders when available to backfill partially filled rows but the tight quarters at the seat row chutes makes that challenging. All of those together is clogging up the works a little.

I'm sure as all the CM's get used to it they'll come up with ways to optimize things and get it a little smoother flowing. It has only been a few days after all.

I suspect this will become a problem once everyone and their grandmother is made aware that the first car is really the ONLY choice for optimal viewing. In that regard; Shame on WDI for not allowing everyone to have equal or nearly equal experiences on the attraction.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I suspect this will become a problem once everyone and their grandmother is made aware that the first car is really the ONLY choice for optimal viewing. In that regard; Shame on WDI for not allowing everyone to have equal or nearly equal experiences on the attraction.

It is factually incorrect to state that the front row is the only one for optimal view. Once you separate after scene 2 everything is all over the place. On my last ride, I started in front and we came back to the station as the 3rd car.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It is factually incorrect to state that the front row is the only one for optimal view. Once you separate after scene 2 everything is all over the place. On my last ride, I started in front and we came back to the station as the 3rd car.

Yes but not everyone experiences the same visuals. And in that regard, there's going to be bias and favoritism of which seat to choose unless they somehow rework the scenes to allow for everyone, regardless of which car they sit in, a fair view of the story as it unfolds around them. The car position may change but the views will always be the same from that vehicle.

donsullivan

Premium Member
Yes but not everyone experiences the plot and visuals the same. And in that regard, there's going to be bias unless they somehow rework the scenes to allow for everyone, regardless of which car they sit in a fair view of the story as it unfolds around them.
It's called re-ridability so that every ride is different. No one seat is better or worse, the show scenes are enormous and on each ride you'll experience different things and different views. I see that as a major benefit of the attraction design instead of trying to make it a negative. And this is based on actually riding in twice, not based on others complaints or others videos.

Touchdown

I’ve only ridden once, and it was in the first car but...

In car one we were in the stampede scene for a long time before the action started and then left prior to the scene completing, and we were in the volcano scene for a moment and missed most of it.

In short I suspect each car has different pluses and minuses and you need to ride all 4 multiple times to catch all the trucks this ride has. I look forward to the challenge.

disneygeek90

Yes but not everyone experiences the plot and visuals the same. And in that regard, there's going to be bias unless they somehow rework the scenes to allow for everyone, regardless of which car they sit in a fair view of the story as it unfolds around them.
I’ve only ridden in the 3rd car 1x and the 2nd car twice, but from what I could tell the cars are all moving around to get a different view, not necessarily better. In some rooms that I was late getting to, I also got to stay longer in the previous one. I don’t know if it’s fair to crown a best view, but maybe a preferred view.

The best ROTR view is supposedly the “front” view of one specific scene. After several runs on both sides I’ve decided I actually prefer the other for various reasons.

The car rides are subjective in that you get to see certain portions of different areas longer, and those may be your favorite.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
It's called re-ridability so that every ride is different. No one seat is better or worse, the show scenes are enormous and on each ride you'll experience different things and different views. I see that as a major benefit of the attraction design instead of trying to make it a negative. And this is based on actually riding in twice, not based on others complaints or others videos.

The idea of "rerrideability" is great but it's also a luxury and not something everyone can experience. It shouldn't be justification for "bad show" or the difference between guest A having a smile plastered on her face and guest B sporting a blank expressionless stare as they pass by the same area. (pardon the hyperbole)

In car one we were in the stampede scene for a long time before the action started and then left prior to the scene completing, and we were in the volcano scene for a moment and missed most of it.

In short I suspect each car has different pluses and minuses and you need to ride all 4 multiple times to catch all the trucks this ride has. I look forward to the challenge.

Exactly! And since when did that become acceptable? (again hyperbole...sorry) The whole "asking for a specific row "shouldn't exist if the story was equal for everyone. I say this not to rant but to show there's a possible issue to resolve should Disney wish to address it - along with these queue and boarding group growing pains.

donsullivan

Premium Member
The idea of "rerrideability" is great but it's also a luxury and not something everyone can experience. It shouldn't be justification for "bad show" or the difference between guest A having a smile plastered on her face and guest B sporting a blank expressionless stare as they pass by the same area. (pardon the hyperbole).....

WOW! Have you even ridden it yourself yet or are you just projecting negativity onto something you have not personally experienced? Variable ride experiences each time you ride a trackless ride system is absolutely not "bad show" as you are trying to project it.

The very nature of a trackless ride system is that your experience is different every single time you ride which is a major positive of the show system not a negative. If you demand every ride be absolutely identical every time you ride it you are not going to be happy with any of the new trackless ride systems that are incoming to Walt Disney World. Ratatouille does exactly the same things where multiple vehicles enter and leave rooms at different times and enter different show domes for slightly different experiences. This is the future of dark ride systems.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
WOW! Have you even ridden it yourself yet or are you just projecting negativity onto something you have not personally experienced? Variable ride experiences each time you ride a trackless ride system is absolutely not "bad show" as you are trying to project it.

The very nature of a trackless ride system is that your experience is different every single time you ride which is a major positive of the show system not a negative. If you demand every ride be absolutely identical every time you ride it you are not going to be happy with any of the new trackless ride systems that are incoming to Walt Disney World. Ratatouille does exactly the same things where multiple vehicles enter and leave rooms at different times and enter different show domes for slightly different experiences. This is the future of dark ride systems.

I'll be giving it a ride in a few months. Which car should I choose?

Jones14

No car misses the gist of the plot, and every car has the opportunity to pick up on a detail that the others might miss in any given room. The first part is integral to the ride’s narrative success. The second is a feature, and one that invites rerides.

Having far more detail and intriguing things to look at than you have time to take in in one go is a good thing, not a bad thing. Rat gets (rightly) criticized for the scenes resetting before the vehicles are out of sight. This ride fixes that.

Giss Neric

Most of the YouTubers who rode all four said the third vehicle has the best balance overall.

Tom Morrow

I said this before but the fourth car get slightly shafted in a few ways. You miss the first part of the first few scenes (although the first car doesn't see the end of them), you spend the least time doing the conga, and your car is just inching toward a wall during the factory scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom