Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

John park hopper

All WDW guests will be required to purchase and wear (nominal fee of $59.99) a hazmat suit at all times while on Disney property. Disney is being proactive in insuring the parks remain open and loss of revenue will be held to a minimum Bob Capek will be making a statement shortly

Tom P.

Far from it. There are plans but it’d be the last resort and if the planet has gone to pot.
You're talking about the American parks? What about Disneyland Paris? I know they issued a statement this morning, which was basically a near verbatim copy-and-paste from the one Disney issued about the American parks a day or two ago. But any serious consideration being given to shutting that park down now that a cast member tested positive for COVID-19?

ELG13

The writing is on the wall. I don't know why we don't want to learn from these other countries and do something before we get to the point where we are playing catch up with the virus. I said it at the start of this thread and I'll say it again. China took drastic steps after it was full blown to try and play catch up with the virus and look where that got them. Weeks later finally seeing some decline. Do we want to go through that? Wait too long to do something and then chase the virus? People keep saying it's older people etc that it affects the most so they don't worry much. Well that's pretty selfish. I worry about unknowingly spreading it more than getting it myself. The "I" culture here is going to bite us in the butt. A perfect example was the guy that decided to break quarantine to go to a party. That kind of mind set may not kill him but it may kill those most vulnerable and that to me is unacceptable. I don't care that "we don't have all the numbers because many that are sick don't get checked". I see the numbers the CDC and WHO provide and I want to do my part to make sure we don't end up like China. If that means we cant go on our trip in May, then so be it.

Piebald

Even if its “on property” its no guarantee to close.
Wow that's wild. I get the economic repercussions would be abysmal but with Coachella all but officially canceled and other massive events are beginning to put pressure on theme parks. A lot of people upset about cancellations often bring up Disney as the whataboutism argument and surely that doesnt look good.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You're talking about the American parks? What about Disneyland Paris? I know they issued a statement this morning, which was basically a near verbatim copy-and-paste from the one Disney issued about the American parks a day or two ago. But any serious consideration being given to shutting that park down now that a cast member tested positive for COVID-19?
Not that I know of. The press release this morning was in response to the 3rd shift engineer being tested positive.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If that means we cant go on our trip in May, then so be it.
And that should be up to each individual, taking a balanced view and not the mass hysteria of some of the mainline press and social media.

What responsible companies should be doing is implementing a fair deferral or cancellation policy. DCL has partly implemented one. Paris has one now for Flybe passengers (Not directly connected but proof a policy can be implemented)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
All WDW guests will be required to purchase and wear (nominal fee of $59.99) a hazmat suit at all times while on Disney property. Disney is being proactive in insuring the parks remain open and loss of revenue will be held to a minimum Bob Capek will be making a statement shortly
The stockholders demand it, they do. And the suit will cost $159.99.

Crunchie9

The writing is on the wall. I don't know why we don't want to learn from these other countries and do something before we get to the point where we are playing catch up with the virus. I said it at the start of this thread and I'll say it again. China took drastic steps after it was full blown to try and play catch up with the virus and look where that got them. Weeks later finally seeing some decline. Do we want to go through that? Wait too long to do something and then chase the virus? People keep saying it's older people etc that it affects the most so they don't worry much. Well that's pretty selfish. I worry about unknowingly spreading it more than getting it myself. The "I" culture here is going to bite us in the butt. A perfect example was the guy that decided to break quarantine to go to a party. That kind of mind set may not kill him but it may kill those most vulnerable and that to me is unacceptable. I don't care that "we don't have all the numbers because many that are sick don't get checked". I see the numbers the CDC and WHO provide and I want to do my part to make sure we don't end up like China. If that means we cant go on our trip in May, then so be it.

1583764966984.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I absolutely agree. It's also my number one chance to having a future with the company full-time so I need this. But seeing what's going on in California now definitely is nerve-wracking.
Oh no no no...

You’re in the CP trap already. “Future with the company”? You’re more likely to be pigeon holed because they know you’re willing to accept less to be a cog in the machine .

You don’t listen to the “recruiters” do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom