Coronavirus and Walt Disney World general discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crunchie9

Just to be clear, though, oil prices are not collapsing because of COVID-19. At least not for the most part. They are crashing because of the breakdown of the agreement between Saudi Arabia and Russia and the resultant trade war that has ensued. Saudi Arabia is deliberately taking prices extremely low in order to pull customers away from Russia.

I'm not saying that changes your point about the potential impact on the American economy. But I just don't want to add further fuel to the fire of panic over COVID-19 for something that is not really related.
China is the biggest importer of crude oil in the world (3 million barrels) I’m not sure if it’s daily weekly monthly or yearly though.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
China is the biggest importer of crude oil in the world (3 million barrels) I’m not sure if it’s daily weekly monthly or yearly though.
Google can be occasionally useful...

Crunchie9

That's pretty much what you'd expect to see -- older people have more trouble fighting off infections.

I've said it before -- the only way to kill this thing off is to have EVERYBODY self-quarantine for three weeks. But that'll never happen in "the land of the free and the home of the brave."

How much foreign oil is the US importing?

USA is a net importer of crude oil.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
USA is a net importer of crude oil.
You have statistics to back that up? Or is your assumption based on numbers as bad as your China imports guess?

But imports/exports don't matter if you don't have anybody at work to load/unload the ships.

ImperfectPixie

1 case in Indiana of an elementary student testing positive. They've closed school for 2 weeks and students won't be back until April 6th due to spring break. No word if the students are supposed to self-quarantine though. Unfortunately I could see some ppl chosing to still keep travel plans.
I'm in MA, and enough parents freaked out when a high school senior didn't feel well after a trip to Milan that they closed all 12 public schools in town for a long weekend so they could be cleaned by a professional company with bio-hazard experience...before the student's test results were even back. He tested negative (thankfully). Unfortunately, I can see those same parents being exasperated and griping if it gets to the point that the schools NEED to close because of a positive test...and not cancelling travel plans if they have any. Case in point - my sister just got back Saturday from a trip to Germany because she wanted to accompany her boyfriend on his business trip. People are inherently stupid (in general).

ImperfectPixie

Well, then, if she gets sick, she can tell people "it's just a Rhine-o-virus."
Honestly, I'm not worried about my sister...she's very healthy...I'm more concerned about the possibility of her picking it up and spreading it. (Especially to our mom - who babysat while she was gone. Mom's health is not good, and my step-dad's is even worse since he's had cancer twice as well as open-heart surgery.)

Crunchie9

You have statistics to back that up? Or is your assumption based on numbers as bad as your China imports guess?

But imports/exports don't matter if you don't have anybody at work to load/unload the ships.
12 million barrels a day.

hey man I’ve been citing information for days about COVID-19. This stuff I’m just being lazy.

Slight net importer.

Crunchie9

hey man I’ve been citing information for days about COVID-19. This stuff I’m just being lazy.

Slight net importer.

I’m a supply chain guy. This is my SME.

I got toilet paper two weeks ago...

Piebald

Have there been any inklings that the parks my close? I know they would signify that poo has literally hit the fan but I feel like we are reaching a boiling point here.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member

Slight net importer.

I’m a supply chain guy. This is my SME.

I got toilet paper two weeks ago...
You still need people to load/unload ships.

Meanwhile, who has "buy" orders on DIS at $100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom