Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What if I hate Star Wars and love Mickey?
I think regardless of thoughts on Star Wars, it would be impossible to come away from Rise without being impressed with what has been done. Runaway Railway will be a success and is a family ride that is desperately needed in that park, but when you get past projections there isn't a lot to it. Rise on the other hand, is layer upon layer of depth and complexity.

Rich Brownn

Exactly. That's why they do evolution art of characters..
DrJyH5KX4Acr5qw.jpg
One thing you'll notice that remains the same in every version except the new one - everything is curves. No right angles or sharp lines. This was deliberate as Walt felt straight lines felt "threatening" and by smoothing them out Mickey would seem more friendly.

britain

There's a Mary Poppins lumbering around England that looks like she's had a few too many spoonfuls of sugar. People can figure it out.

Speaking of Poppins, methinks the UK attraction will essentially be Cherry Tree Lane as queue/pre-show, and then a carousel surrounded by Runaway Railway projections. I can see your ride all coming to an end once a rainstorm starts washing away your chalk drawing environments.

I think a regular carousel in an outdoor park would be more charming but, this is Disney. Got to push your latest tech everywhere you can.

Magenta Panther

Cool ride!

But I still wish the Imagineers had gone to the trouble of making FULL 3D constructions of the AA heads. The smashed-sideways look is weird and off-putting (did they HAVE to strive so hard to achieve the look of the cartoons? That look only works in the CARTOONS.) As it is, the only AA that looks good is Daisy. If you look at the other AAs in any other way but in front they look dreadful. Bummer.

britain

Speaking of Poppins, methinks the UK attraction will essentially be Cherry Tree Lane as queue/pre-show, and then a carousel surrounded by Runaway Railway projections. I can see your ride all coming to an end once a rainstorm starts washing away your chalk drawing environments.

I think a regular carousel in an outdoor park would be more charming but, this is Disney. Got to push your latest tech everywhere you can.

Hey hey! An endorsement by Martin! Danka!

RSoxNo1

What's really needed is a 360 video from the front and one from the rear. So much to look at.

Also, as one of the vloggers mentioned, you see different things from the front v. back. The back misses some of the beginning action in a scene and the front misses some of the concluding action in a scene.

Some may call that bad story-telling.

@realBobChapek calls that re-ridability, cha-ching!
I should have a 360 video up courtesy of VirtualWDW soon.

Marc Davis Fan

One thing you'll notice that remains the same in every version [of Mickey] except the new one - everything is curves. No right angles or sharp lines. This was deliberate as Walt felt straight lines felt "threatening" and by smoothing them out Mickey would seem more friendly.

This. It's a similar concept as the theme parks being designed to feel safe and reassuring by exuding "visual harmony." I wonder if this was a deliberate change, or if the decision-makers actually didn't know about this - in which case, someone has to do a better job coordinating with history/principles in order to ensure that the unexpected/little-known things that make Disney successful remain. Same goes for design principles in the parks...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom