Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

marni1971

WDW History nut
Premium Member
Advertisement
I feel bad for Ratatouille now that it will have to be compared to two better trackless rides.
I dunno... personally I prefer Rat, as fun as RR is. Although joe public likes shiny new things.

If direct comparisons are drawn maybe they should’ve put BatB in Epcot instead.

Did I just say that?

Cmdr_Crimson

I dunno... personally I prefer Rat, as fun as RR is. Although joe public likes shiny new things.

If direct comparisons are drawn maybe they should’ve put BatB in Epcot instead.

Did I just say that?
Unless they have something up their sleeve's for Figment down the ways I would be stunned...Could you Imagine a wait time of 5 hours for a Trackless JII......

Phrubruh

I wonder how similar this ride's trackless tech is to Rise before Dawn tech. Will it have the reliability problems?

britain

The art direction would have been so much better than this modern CalArts stuff.
Boo, I say. Richard Williams has his merits, but I absolutely ADORE the new Mickey shorts' synthesis of 30's bounciness with 60's storybook illustration.

And what a treat to see it in three-dimensional real life! Brush strokes everywhere! Color bleeding outside the ink edges! Bravo!

Bender123

The art direction would have been so much better than this modern CalArts stuff.
The better half isn't really a Disney person and she really likes the new look for its fusion of classic style with modern twist. The daughters also agree...To each their own, but the new version seems to be connecting with people.

Josh Hendy

Is it not a teeny bit jarring that Mickey walking around the parks has a certain look, and the ride has this pseudo-retro look? I wonder if this is the real reason why they added the Mickey Shorts theater ... to get people used to the fact that Mickey hasn't always been the same.

Surferboy567

Original Poster
Is it not a teeny bit jarring that Mickey walking around the parks has a certain look, and the ride has this pseudo-retro look? I wonder if this is the real reason why they added the Mickey Shorts theater ... to get people used to the fact that Mickey hasn't always been the same.
It’s probably a little bit of that...but also just to introduce people to the shorts as a whole.

ParkerLoLs

Have you ever met some of the janky looking princesses and princes? I’m sure people can put two and two together.

skiir97

I wonder how similar this ride's trackless tech is to Rise before Dawn tech. Will it have the reliability problems?
I might be wrong but I remember reading something about MMRR being delayed because when issues were discovered in Rise’s trackless system, Imagaineering realized those same issues existed in MMRR. Not sure how true this is though.

And in terms of reliability, it’s been hinted at that the major issues left to deal with in Rise are the elevators, something that MMRR doesn’t have.

Coaster Lover

I'm not sure the issue with RotR is with the fact that the vehicles are trackless. Disney has had trackless vehicles for quite some time doing as much as MMRR does (Mystic Manor, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Rat...). All of these other rides have pretty good reliability. I have no inside knowledge, but if I had to guess, I'd imagine that the reliability issues with Rise are more with the lifts/drops (as that was the only real part of the ride system that was even somewhat unique).

DisneyExpert

I'm pretty sure most people are familiar with the fact that Mickey has different looks, so I don't really see it being an issue.

Top Bottom