Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway SPOILER Thread

AKL2003

Anyone been on MMRR lately? Was there in March and there was a spot on the waterfall screen that needed to be cleaned \cleared....was wondering if it had been taken care of as it was really obvious and distracting...

UNCgolf

I was in Hollywood Studios on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Both times, I heard at least 10 different groups of people singing 'Nothing Can Stop Us Now' all over the park: coming out of MMRR, in queues, waiting for their food, while they waiting for Fantasmic to start. The attraction resonates with people a lot more than these boards likes to admit.

While I do think it's a popular ride, that anecdote doesn't really say anything other than the fact the song is catchy.

I think the ride is fine, not anything special, but that song is a definite earworm.

Haymarket2008

Anyone been on MMRR lately? Was there in March and there was a spot on the waterfall screen that needed to be cleaned \cleared....was wondering if it had been taken care of as it was really obvious and distracting...

Unfortunately that is there to stay. I believe it’s a speaker or fan or….something. Has been there since Day 1. Bothers me too.

Hawg G

I was in Hollywood Studios on both Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Both times, I heard at least 10 different groups of people singing 'Nothing Can Stop Us Now' all over the park: coming out of MMRR, in queues, waiting for their food, while they waiting for Fantasmic to start. The attraction resonates with people a lot more than these boards likes to admit.
I have anecdotes too. I’ve never heard a single person sing that melody outside the ride.

Bocabear

I have anecdotes too. I’ve never heard a single person sing that melody outside the ride.
Actually I have.... And I think I have walked away singing it... It is cute...It should have been built in the Animation Courtyard as a centerpiece to a 1940s Hollywood Toontown...but it appears with the VOTLM reboot, that ship never even made it to the dock...which would have been the perfect placement for it while they updated TGMR

Vclguy90

My response: Get rid of it and bring back The Great Movie Ride, updated of course
I feel I'm in the minority when I say that The GMR gave me a certain feeling and amaze that Disney rides don't give off anymore. It was magical. MMRR is a cute ride but does not give off magic like GMR. Similar to SM and TBA. TBA, just like MMRR would make great stand alone attractions but I wish they could've left what they replaced.

TrainsOfDisney

I only rode runaway once at DHS - before riding it at opening and then a bunch after opening at Disneyland.

The attraction is great if you can separate it from the loss of GMR, which is difficult to do at DHS.

El Capitoon Park is exactly what DHS needed - and since the real El Capitan is across the street from Chinese Theatre it would have fit right in!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom