News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

disneygeek90

That’s more like it. Announcements went on at about 6:59:50. I stayed pat and waited till I saw 7.
23FB7DEC-BC15-479B-BAFF-EBB1B14F5CBE.jpeg

Epcotfan21

That’s more like it. Announcements went on at about 6:59:50. I stayed pat and waited till I saw 7.
View attachment 442202
Any other tips you can share? I’ll be there this Wednesday. Need to get a low group because wife and I will need to head back to South Florida around 3-4pm and can’t wait around all day.

I know clearing apps and turning off Disney WiFi and using LTE. Anything else?

disneygeek90

Any other tips you can share? I’ll be there this Wednesday. Need to get a low group because wife and I will need to head back to South Florida around 3-4pm and can’t wait around all day.

I don’t know if it’s making a difference but I’m completely restarting my phone 10-15 mins before. Just make sure you take off the WiFi when it turns back on because mine automatically joins. I’m clearing all apps like you said.

On iPhone I’m watching the little clock icon app when it hits 6:59. Some kind soul on here pointed out that the seconds hand actually moves on it. I’m giving it about one or two seconds after it hits 7 and then going in. I’m also bringing the Disney app out of my theme park folder every morning. Less clicks.

Last edited:

durangojim

If you have an Apple Watch use that to see exactly when it’s 7am buy using a face with the seconds hand. And then open the app at that time. I got group 25 yesterday so worked pretty well. The blog that can’t be named is having a fit because of this system. I had a little twitter spat going on with him right now regarding this. Ugh

rioriz

for those that went today and got in, what time did you arrive at the gate? going tomorrow and thinking about getting there around 545

gerarar

Premium Member
Front facing AT-AT again, same as yesterday. Finn AA still down and no “we need to find another way” line right after. These were both issues yesterday too. Walking Kylo right after the bridge was in B mode, he jumped down as the doors closed, and no saber effect through the ceiling.
So there were no sound effects in the elevator for the lightsaber part also since it was a no show? That would be really weird to happen.....hope it gets captured in video soon then.

Dad 2 M & M

Yes, I took the question as “could I tap into the park at 6:30, go somewhere else, and then still be eligible for a pass right at 7.” I honestly don’t know if anyone has tried that but I think you’d probably be okay. Or just wait till you get a group just to be safe.
I wonder? I know the 1st time we attempted to join a Boarding Group, we drove over and the Join Boarding Group@ tab didn’t turn red until we were in the Parking Lot. I assume that means our long range RFID had picked up at that point? If that is correct, MAYBE someone could tap in to the Park, go back out, and as long as they didn’t go far they’d be good? Maybe hang in the parking lot?

Dang’d if I risk it....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom