News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

KevinPage

Who has rode today? (Sunday 1/19)

Any effects not working? (@disneygeek90 posted a bunch with a spoiler tag earlier)

Trying to get an idea if my 131 is called, should drive back out to park or not bother (if too many effects are still missing).

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

The queue layout is skewed in Orlando due to the location of Muppetvision.

I must say, I was surprised on my FIRST ride through Rise of the Resistance at Walt Disney World that I noticed the grey roof of MuppetVision peeking over the cliffs of the Rise queue as we pulled out of the building into the unload area. And I really wasn't looking for it - I'm sure most people never see it, but it seemed like it would have taken very little to cover it up.

With all the trouble the seem to have gone to with sightlines in SWGE I wouldn't have expected this one to be leftover.

Little Green Men

This has little to do with your point, but Saucers isn't even the best teacup ride in America. California's version, Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, is somehow so much more fun. I think the open-air really helps it.
I prefer alien saucers greatly. Better lighting, atmosphere, and the aliens talking is better than mater singing

yensidtlaw1969

other track? I wasn’t under the impression there were multiple rooms for any of this stuff, just the loading area.
It's more the the vehicles split partway through the ride and end up traveling through different courses - those courses move through different sides of a shared room, into separate rooms that are identical to each other, and through separate hallways that are very similar but offer slightly differing versions of an experience. This starts when they each head up a different elevator. The vehicles do reunite after this sequence.

KevinPage

It's more the the vehicles split partway through the ride and end up traveling through different courses - those courses move through different sides of a shared room, into separate rooms that are identical to each other, and through separate hallways that are very similar but offer slightly differing versions of an experience. This starts when they each head up a different elevator. The vehicles do reunite after this sequence.

Oh right, DUH, my bad. 🤪🤪🤪

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I must say, I was surprised on my FIRST ride through Rise of the Resistance at Walt Disney World that I noticed the grey roof of MuppetVision peeking over the cliffs of the Rise queue as we pulled out of the building into the unload area. And I really wasn't looking for it - I'm sure most people never see it, but it seemed like it would have taken very little to cover it up.

With all the trouble the seem to have gone to with sightlines in SWGE I wouldn't have expected this one to be leftover.

They did cover it up... with grey paint.

;)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

A few sight line issues were.... found... very late on in construction.

Mind you, you can see Anaheim’s steel support towers holding up the rocks from outside the land but in the park, and the Pixar Pals parking structure from in the land.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Front facing AT-AT again, same as yesterday. Finn AA still down and no “we need to find another way” line right after. These were both issues yesterday too. Walking Kylo right after the bridge was in B mode, he jumped down as the doors closed, and no saber effect through the ceiling.
Sad. Guests should not be loaded if the ride is acting like this

yensidtlaw1969

A few sight line issues were.... found... very late on in construction.

Mind you, you can see Anaheim’s steel support towers holding up the rocks from outside the land but in the park, and the Pixar Pals parking structure from in the land.
I can't say I feel completely justified holding this one against them, but I was (very) mildly miffed last week when I went to take this otherwise cool-ish cellphone shot of Galaxy's Edge from the Skyliner and the unfinished Spires messed with the effect. Nothing a little Photoshop can't fix, but that doesn't help the view when you're a guest gliding over the DHS Parking Lot. Or driving along World Drive and Osceola Parkway on your way to the park. But hopefully trees will help that particular view, eventually, unlike Pandora which has made no effort to plant around its bus route-facing side.

Galaxy's Edge from Skyliner 2.jpg

On that note, remind me to bring my telephoto lens next time I'm in Orlando so I can try to get this pic for real!

DarkMetroid567

I was greeting at the exit when I noticed this. It's very very obvious, but to be fair, it's not a position that guests typically stick around in.

durangojim

It won’t be a problem once they demolish that building and extend Star Wars land into Grand Avenue to be an area based on the original trilogy.

yensidtlaw1969

I was greeting at the exit when I noticed this. It's very very obvious, but to be fair, it's not a position that guests typically stick around in.
Totally - I was amazed that it grabbed me like that on the first time through. I tend to be a stickler for thematic intrusion, but I seriously wasn't seeking it out and was mostly surprised it was there at all given how minor it was.

I found a glimpse of it in some Youtube footage - the photo is admittedly doctored to adjust the levels for viewing clarity, since the sky gets blown out in most video cameras given the indoor/outdoor nature of the unload. It is though, as you can imagine, more clear what it is when you see it in person, and they stare you right down the barrel of it since it's dead ahead as the vehicle faces that way through its continuous motion:

Rise of the Resistance MuppetVision Intrusion.jpg

Now, this is the sort of thing I'm "willing to let slide" vs. something like the Guardians showbuilding at Epcot, which I've been outspoken against on these boards, but it does kinda seem funny that they didn't manage to cover it up since it IS so small. I know rockwork ain't cheap, but there was no way of going a little higher and ridding themselves of the thing? Or at least painting the MuppetVision building a more sympathetic color instead of the weird gray they repainted it in the advent of SWGE?

It won’t be a problem once they demolish that building and extend Star Wars land into Grand Avenue to be an area based on the original trilogy.

That . . . doesn't sound like anything anyone has indicated is coming. But if you know something we don't, feel free to share!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom