News Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Standby Line and Boarding Groups at Disney's Hollywood Studios

jt04

Didn't get to ride RotR (hopefully next time!), but I was impressed by Galaxy's Edge. It didn't blow me away, but it was very cool and it feels like you've left Hollywood Studios and gone to a totally different place.

It also looks even better when you compare it to Toy Story Land next door, which is embarrassingly bad.

TSL gets great ratings. Which is why the expansion project got approved. It was never going to be a billion dollar project.

jt04

It still looks terrible and there's almost nothing there. The expansion project needed to happen.

Purely subjective.

PS- two very popular D tickets and a decent C ticket isn't nothing. I admit they dropped the ball by not having larger retail but perhaps they are leaving that for the rumored possibility of more Pixar expansion to the north. Still a 'work in progress' park.

MattC

correct, only made it to Boarding Group 70.....many regs didn’t get called and many comps were distributed. We were able to ride, and our Boarding Group 66 was called at 7:01 P.M. with an arrival window that ended at 9:01 P.M.......that’s OVER an hour AFTER Park close, just to ARRIVE to get in line!
So, are people being given free admission for another day if their group doesn’t get called? And they were not in a “backup group?”

We were in guest relations last week for something and I overheard someone being given a comped day. I figured something pretty extraordinary must have happened.

disneygeek90

Effect notes from today:
I had front facing car for AT-AT. The Finn AA had no movement. No narration directly after that when I think he says something to the tune of “we need to find another way to get down”

Last edited:

KevinPage

Effect notes from today:
I had front facing car for AT-AT. The Finn AA had no movement. Also whoever our narrator is didn’t seem to say anything directly after that when I think he says something to the tune of “we need to find another way to get down”

WHOEVER OUR NARRATOR IS?!?!?!

7A8361BA-7E63-4E98-BD7D-0F5330795CE5.gif

You see the “narrator” in animatronic form TWICE on the ride. (3x in total)

I didn’t know this was possible NOT to know this 😜😜😜

Last edited:

Dad 2 M & M

So, are people being given free admission for another day if their group doesn’t get called? And they were not in a “backup group?”

We were in guest relations last week for something and I overheard someone being given a comped day. I figured something pretty extraordinary must have happened.
We heard there were comp days given to people who told early their non-back up Group would not board....

I want to say that started happening around 3:00 yesterday for groups 90 and above ....the Back up groups were just told sorry my peeps

Couldn’t tell you how many people really got the comps, what criteria was used, or if all comps were equal....or if none of the Back up groups got any type of comp
**edit** I did see one Gues’s comp, a non transferable 1 day hopper...the had BG 107

disney4life2008

Ridiculous! A ploy to keep people in the most boring park all day. Or can you leave and come back? How long do you have once your boarding group is called?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom