News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I foresee this being another one of those "big people can't ride it" rides like the Flights of Passage.

I am a former D1 offensive lineman, 6'4", 275 pounds. I cannot fit in Flights of Passage and from the looks of it I won't be able to fit in Tron. I know many NFL players whose wives have also told my wife that their husbands could not fit in FOP also.

We couldn't fit on Seven Dwarves Minetrain coaster either, or at least when we tried the lap belt cut off the circulation in my legs.

Disney's latest rides have been designed for smaller people and discriminate against big people.

They have these seats available.

CZK6RmS8s7AcTkQnyqaMjp28U7wKaZifZq8PAVVSgPY.jpg

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That kind of kills the experience. They could very easily make slightly bigger normal seats.
We're not handicapped, we're just genetically big people.

Slightly bigger likely means no one else would be able to fit into the seats then. They do what they can do accommodate as many guests as possible. If you are unable to fit into the standard seat and don't want to ride in the other seats that lessen the experience, you may unfortunately just have to settle for a better fireworks view than the average Joe.

BromBones

Slightly bigger likely means no one else would be able to fit into the seats then. They do what they can do accommodate as many guests as possible. If you are unable to fit into the standard seat and don't want to ride in the other seats that lessen the experience, you may unfortunately just have to settle for a better fireworks view than the average Joe.

They can make them slightly bigger but still make them adjustable. It’s not that hard.

Bocabear

just make them adjustable. The over the shoulder harnesses on Rock and Roller coaster adjust to the size of the person.
The last two seats on the trains in Shanghai had normal Rollercoaster seats for larger guests...
I am a big guy and so is my partner and we both fit on the regular seats...

solidyne

Can anyone ride in the seated car at the end of the train, or is it reserved for larger or disabled guests? I can anticipate the bike seating being a tad too "thrilling" for me, but I wouldn't want to take the "seat car" from someone who needed it.

Incomudro

Can anyone ride in the seated car at the end of the train, or is it reserved for larger or disabled guests? I can anticipate the bike seating being a tad too "thrilling" for me, but I wouldn't want to take the "seat car" from someone who needed it.

I'd imagine that as long as there is room, or you are willing to wait 'till there is - they'd let anyone ride this option.

IMDREW

just make them adjustable. The over the shoulder harnesses on Rock and Roller coaster adjust to the size of the person.
Yeah, and somehow they think being taller automatically means being fatter (is that ok to say?) as well. I am very tall and skinny, so every time I do RnRC I have to decide to make it fit my shoulders but risk falling out or crush my shoulders and be secure.

its just not possible to make rides like this for every body size unfortunately.

Disney Analyst

Yeah, and somehow they think being taller automatically means being fatter (is that ok to say?) as well. I am very tall and skinny, so every time I do RnRC I have to decide to make it fit my shoulders but risk falling out or crush my shoulders and be secure.

its just not possible to make rides like this for every body size unfortunately.

Exactly. Safety is first and foremost. Disney does try and go above and beyond to accommodate everyone. But there is only so much.

trainplane3

I'm pretty sure Vekoma/Disney wants everyone to ride their rides but you can't make a ride fit every single body type out there. Some B&Ms have "big boy" seats that are slightly deeper so they can squeeze another inch of someone into it but they don't work for everyone. There isn't discrimination involved.

If anyone has any bright ideas on how to solve the "issue" for Tron then use the following contact info because I'm sure they never thought of it:
Vekoma Rides
Schaapweg 18
6063 BA Vlodrop
The Netherlands

+31 (0)475 40 92 22

info@vekoma.com

Polkadotdress

Just back recently from Shanghai, where my husband and I rode TRON (yay!!!) but not Pirates (booo...closed for rehab). MY husband has a large gut, and is 275 pounds, and he fit Tron quite easily. There is more torso/belly space than on FoP. I am 5'9" and fit, and recently had a knee replacement earlier this year, and found that TRON was very painful for me to ride, as the positioning requires you to essentially kneel. I really can't do that...but did! By the time the train pulled back into the HOLD area, while we were waiting to return to the station, I was at my wits end trying to keep weight off of my knee. Not gonna lie, it really hurt, and was the main reason I didn't ride a 2nd time.

That's my 2 cents...

jaxonp

Just back recently from Shanghai, where my husband and I rode TRON (yay!!!) but not Pirates (booo...closed for rehab). MY husband has a large gut, and is 275 pounds, and he fit Tron quite easily. There is more torso/belly space than on FoP. I am 5'9" and fit, and recently had a knee replacement earlier this year, and found that TRON was very painful for me to ride, as the positioning requires you to essentially kneel. I really can't do that...but did! By the time the train pulled back into the HOLD area, while we were waiting to return to the station, I was at my wits end trying to keep weight off of my knee. Not gonna lie, it really hurt, and was the main reason I didn't ride a 2nd time.

That's my 2 cents...

thats why the ride is so short lol... I was stuck for 10 min once in the brake run before getting off... worst 10 min of my life. I can only be in those seats for 3 min.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom