News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

gerarar

Premium Member
Don’t want to get off topic, but does anyone know where I can find a thread pertaining to the Tron construction? ;)
The following pics are from forbidden site;

Apparently a tunnel of some sorts is being constructed on the track upon re-entry to showbuilding after outdoor portion:
IMG_1115.jpg
IMG_1113.jpg

Then one of the "bases" for the canopy is being excavated currently:
IMG_1124.jpg
IMG_1123.jpg

Hope this is another good enough of an update....sorry for the off-topic y'all!! ;)

Disney Analyst

MrPromey

If it's anything like the original Shanghai ride, it should be just under 2 mins. They have received complaints from guests, regarding it being so short. Hopefully, we get something longer, but they also have a track-length of 3,169 ft.

And we'll have the complaints - after people wait 1-3 hours for a less than two minute ride for the next 4-6 years, too.*

*Hopefully not but the most recent mountain addition comes to mind, here.

ToTBellHop

And we'll have the complaints - after people wait 1-3 hours for a less than two minute ride for the next 4-6 years, too.*

*Hopefully not but the most recent mountain addition comes to mind, here.
Somehow people have accepted RnRC all these years. Launch to break run is about 68-seconds. Makes SDD’s 100-seconds feel luxurious.

Launched coasters are usually brief.

Surfin' Tuna

I don't think a ride that short is worth the wait, but people will still wait.
I think these short rides are absurd, but I will be right there for any preview they offer. I have a feeling most people who decry the ride will be there with me. Plus once I'm inside, I can't see how it ruined the sightlines that used to matter.

BromBones

I think these short rides are absurd, but I will be right there for any preview they offer. I have a feeling most people who decry the ride will be there with me. Plus once I'm inside, I can't see how it ruined the sightlines that used to matter.

I most likely will try it, but I know I will wait for at least a year or so after it opens because the lines will be far too long.
A short ride won't be AS disappointing if the wait is not long. I did the same thing for the Pandora rides....but even after the not as long (but still long) wait for the Nav'i River Journey........it was still disappointing.

MrPromey

Somehow people have accepted RnRC all these years. Launch to break run is about 68-seconds. Makes SDD’s 100-seconds feel luxurious.

Launched coasters are usually brief.

Because it isn't new, was opened at a time when it wasn't one of the only new things to come along in a decade, and for much of it's earlier life, had reasonable wait times thanks to things like slow seasons and a different fastpass strategy.*

Today, people who don't want to wait and have ridden it in years past just keep walking. When they show up to do the big new thing and expectations are high and the wait is long, it's a different story.

*I'm pretty sure I recall it opening without fastpass, and the original merge point being a bit awkward, actually

Disney Analyst

Because it isn't new, was opened at a time when it wasn't one of the only new things to come along in a decade, and for much of it's earlier life, had reasonable wait times thanks to things like slow seasons and a different fastpass strategy.*

Today, people who don't want to wait and have ridden it in years past just keep walking. When they show up to do the big new thing and expectations are high and the wait is long, it's a different story.

*I'm pretty sure I recall it opening without fastpass, and the original merge point being a bit awkward, actually

I mean. By the time it opens there will be tons of new attractions open.

_caleb

Back on topic for this THREAD ABOUT WDW TRON, will TRON have area background music? If so, I’m curious how it will phase in on approach to the ride and not compete with the TL background loop. Being wedged in like that, seems like sound “leaks” would be difficult to contain.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom