News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

BrianLo

On the final Imagineering Story, Scott Drake mentioned that the dispatch interval for TRON is 26 seconds. If it hits that number the hourly capacity is 1938.
I have it at about 1,500 PPH based on videos showing how often they dispatch (~every 34 seconds). So, 1,900 may be more of a theoretical limit. Our Insider has said in the range of 1,500-1,800.

EDIT: I mistakenly had everything 10 times larger than it should have been. Sorry.

Indeed I think theoretical. I timed it in person in 2018 (nerd alert) and it went as low as 30 seconds. But 34 average as Mr. P mentioned.

EricsBiscuit

For an E in the worlds most popular park it is very poor.

Since when were we conditioned that this is good?
i never said it was good. I’m saying that at least they’re building a ride they know how to operate. Splash only gets 1800 on a good day. RotR is getting about 1000 (although yesterday was an improvement). I wish they built them with 3000 / hr but at least 1900 is a step in the right direction.

Bocabear

i never said it was good. I’m saying that at least they’re building a ride they know how to operate. Splash only gets 1800 on a good day. RotR is getting about 1000 (although yesterday was an improvement). I wish they built them with 3000 / hr but at least 1900 is a step in the right direction.
Does anyone know what the throughput on Hagrid's new coaster is? Just for comparison?

trainplane3

seascape

According to the RCDB, 1700.
Not sure if that's correct though.
The Magic Kingdom needs more rides with capabilities of 2000 plus an hour. They draw about twice what either Universal Park draws and average over 55,000 a day in attendance. Even with a theoretical capacity of 3,000 an hour a ride at MK could allow every visitor to ride it. That said the park that needs the most additions is still Hollywood Studios. They need 2 new lands, a second Star Wars Planet and a 2nd Pixar land. Hollywood Studios should be large enough to be the second park in the US to draw 20 million a year. The demand is there, all anyone has to do is look at Hollywood Studios any morning at 6:30AM.

Rider

Any kind of normal roller coaster is going to have a peak capacity around the 1000-1500 range. Super efficient B&Ms like Hulk can get up to 1900 (in real operation it's probably lower) but no coaster compares to people eaters like Small World.

Disney improves coaster capacity over other parks like Six Flags by having multiple stations and faster lap bar checks (No seat belts, asking guests to quickly push up themselves). But even with those improvements you can only get a coaster so high. At the end of the day the trains spend more time loading, unloading, and waiting than they do running through a short course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom