News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

MrPromey

Back on topic for this THREAD ABOUT WDW TRON, will TRON have area background music? If so, I’m curious how it will phase in on approach to the ride and not compete with the TL background loop. Being wedged in like that, seems like sound “leaks” would be difficult to contain.

Being mostly indoors, I'd imagine the background music will be contained within the show building itself similar to how the music for other attractions in the area gets handled.

Goofyque'

OK, so being well known as a "pixie-duster", have been excited about TRON for a long time. Stayed out of most of the back and forth discussions, but having just ridden at Shanghai, feel like I have a little more input to offer.

Our group of 6, ranging from 9-66 universally loved it. It was smooth, and fast, and awesome. Does it belong in Tomorrowland? Yes, without question. A great fit, don't know where else you would put it! Is the canopy distracting? The canopy is beautiful, lots of detail close up, and truly a thing of beauty at night. It was arguably more comfortable than FOP, the restraints are a little more intuitive. If you have neck issues (which I do) you may wish to keep your gaze down or to the side, rather than trying to keep your neck up.

The Grandsons were out of their minds with excitement, chanting TRON TRON TRON in a rhythmic fashion each time there was a break between rides. It truly was the best we rode, I will mention my disappointment that Pirate's was down for refurbishment, but we certainly made up for it in TRON rides.
20191122_162318.jpg
20191122_164459.jpg

_caleb

Being mostly indoors, I'd imagine the background music will be contained within the show building itself similar to how the music for other attractions in the area gets handled.
In the Shanghai TRON POV video a couple pages back, there seems to be area music (as in, ride- specific background music played outside the show building). Assuming the WDW clone will include this, I’m curious how they will keep it from competing with TL’s background music. Disney usually does a really good job designing the soundscape of the parks so that when guests walk from one area to another, the music seems to fade seamlessly from one soundtrack to the next.

JoeCamel

W
OK, so being well known as a "pixie-duster", have been excited about TRON for a long time. Stayed out of most of the back and forth discussions, but having just ridden at Shanghai, feel like I have a little more input to offer.

Our group of 6, ranging from 9-66 universally loved it. It was smooth, and fast, and awesome. Does it belong in Tomorrowland? Yes, without question. A great fit, don't know where else you would put it! Is the canopy distracting? The canopy is beautiful, lots of detail close up, and truly a thing of beauty at night. It was arguably more comfortable than FOP, the restraints are a little more intuitive. If you have neck issues (which I do) you may wish to keep your gaze down or to the side, rather than trying to keep your neck up.

The Grandsons were out of their minds with excitement, chanting TRON TRON TRON in a rhythmic fashion each time there was a break between rides. It truly was the best we rode, I will mention my disappointment that Pirate's was down for refurbishment, but we certainly made up for it in TRON rides.
View attachment 428791View attachment 428792
Why is no one on the ride?

Goofyque'

Why is no one on the ride?
Ha! Their loading system is a bit different, and they have carts right next to the ride to put your backpacks, packages etc. on. Then you are allowed to board. They hold the line, and there was never anyone in the line up until the vehicles had left. Having said that, the crowds were light and we were able to ride everything nearly as much as we wanted.

JoeCamel

Ha! Their loading system is a bit different, and they have carts right next to the ride to put your backpacks, packages etc. on. Then you are allowed to board. They hold the line, and there was never anyone in the line up until the vehicles had left. Having said that, the crowds were light and we were able to ride everything nearly as much as we wanted.
Says something about demand I think

Goofywilliam

I have heard the same praise for this attraction from many friends who have visited this park. As a big Tron fan, I am really looking forward to experiencing this attraction! I'm espeically excited to be receiving the beautiful canopy structure. I'm really hoping it looks jus as beautiful in the Magic Kingdom as it does in Shanghai!

MrPromey

In the Shanghai TRON POV video a couple pages back, there seems to be area music (as in, ride- specific background music played outside the show building). Assuming the WDW clone will include this, I’m curious how they will keep it from competing with TL’s background music. Disney usually does a really good job designing the soundscape of the parks so that when guests walk from one area to another, the music seems to fade seamlessly from one soundtrack to the next.

If they're going to have exterior music, I'm still going to guess it isn't going to be all that much of an issue because where this is, is sort of out-of-the-way for the current Tomorrowland area. If anything, your audio transition will probably involve the sound of lawn mower engines coming from the Tomorrowland Speedway which will be in front of both this attraction as well as the part of the Space Mountain exit building you'll pass by on the way there.

rle4lunch

I don't think the image is clear at all. It's possible that is just the end of a tunnel that allows Bob Iger to get to the ride-opening ceremony from Burbank without having to mingle with commoners.

Nothing quite screams "Tomorrowland" like a steam powered locomotive running through a futuristic lightbeam rollercoaster "type" ride (using Disney terminology for how they describe their actual rollercoasters)..

Choo choo!!!

ToTBellHop

Nothing quite screams "Tomorrowland" like a steam powered locomotive running through a futuristic lightbeam rollercoaster "type" ride (using Disney terminology for how they describe their actual rollercoasters)..

Choo choo!!!
No one minds Disneyland’s Tomorrowland station.

Mike S

It’s not a stretch to simply say the train can be viewed as an antique curiosity from the past when in Tomorrowland. I mean, it’s 2019 and there are people out there that own and maintain original Ford Model T’s. The reverse of having something futuristic in Frontierland or something would be much more difficult.

BromBones

I foresee this being another one of those "big people can't ride it" rides like the Flights of Passage.

I am a former D1 offensive lineman, 6'4", 275 pounds. I cannot fit in Flights of Passage and from the looks of it I won't be able to fit in Tron. I know many NFL players whose wives have also told my wife that their husbands could not fit in FOP also.

We couldn't fit on Seven Dwarves Minetrain coaster either, or at least when we tried the lap belt cut off the circulation in my legs.

Disney's latest rides have been designed for smaller people and discriminate against big people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom