News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

Mickeyboof

Epcot is riddled with (inexcusable) sight line problems. The big box is actually one of the less intrusive of the bunch. It’s barely noticeable, unless you really zoom in on your phone camera.

trainplane3

In case you're not joking... there was no sinkhole at horizons, that was a myth. If there was a sinkhole, they most certainly could not have built M:S on top of it.
It 'twas a joke good sir.
I'll never forget all of the times it was brought up and shut down by the various trusted users here.

Speaking of sinkhole, this happened about 3 minutes from my building yesterday. Super freaky how they can open up though this is more of a poor infrastructure issue:
PortAuthorityPittsburghBus.jpg

And my view of it:
7pJBGNq.jpg

It was even one of the routes I can catch to get downtown too.

Last edited:

Mike S

It 'twas a joke good sir.
I'll never forget all of the times it was brought up and shut down by the various trusted users here.

Speaking of sinkhole, this happened about 3 minutes from my building yesterday. Super freaky how they can open up though this is more of a poor infrastructure issue:
PortAuthorityPittsburghBus.jpg

And my view of it:
7pJBGNq.jpg

It was even one of the routes I can catch to get downtown too.
How did it open in a perfect square?

Mickeyboof

I’m sorry, what?!

I’m sorry, yes.

It’s no more intrusive than Soarin.

It’s way less intrusive than the garish Swan and Dolphin (which looks like a North Korean attempt at a themed resort) hovering over world showcase like a plaster shrine to a deity.

It’s less intrusive than literally seeing backstage (like at the Mexican pavilion among many other breaks). It’s less intrusive than Test Track just throwing us in an unthemed backstage area.

When you’re in Future World, it’s too close to see the box building. From World Showcase it’s big, but it doesn’t take away from the ambiance of the park.

WDWFREAK53

The only people I've ever seen complain about Soarin's building is on this site lol, I didn't even know it was there until I saw an overhead map. Guardians, meanwhile, is out in the open and very easy to see. Even my girlfriend who had never been to EPCOT before was complaining about it.

I think the reason this one is such an eye-sore is due to its location. It's a huge box that grabs your attention as you enter the parking lot and head towards the entrance. Yes, Spaceship Earth grabs your eye more, but this is a close second.

Flight of Passage also has a huge showbuilding that you can see from the parking lot but you can't really see it as you're walking towards the entrance and most people would forget or not realize what that building is and the attraction it houses.

Soarin' gets lost on most.

Tron has the same issue going for it that GotG does...as you approach the Magic Kingdom you'll see this giant warehouse (which will dwarf Space Mountain) and look really out of place.

Upon entering EPCOT as a child, I'd look in awe at Spaceship Earth and it would draw me in to see what it was all about. The architecture was key here. Guardians does not do that.

Jones14

The box of TRON is less than the height of SM.
Yeah, Tron, while less than ideal, is partially covered by Space Mountain, trees, and the canopy, and there’s still the possibility of theming the show building to a small degree (re:paint) since the walls haven’t gone up yet.

With Guardians, what you see now is what you get.

lazyboy97o

Yeah, Tron, while less than ideal, is partially covered by Space Mountain, trees, and the canopy, and there’s still the possibility of theming the show building to a small degree (re:paint) since the walls haven’t gone up yet.

With Guardians, what you see now is what you get.
TRON is getting the exact same type of walls as Guardians of the Galaxy that so many thought would get more.

Mickeyboof

I think the reason this one is such an eye-sore is due to its location. It's a huge box that grabs your attention as you enter the parking lot and head towards the entrance. Yes, Spaceship Earth grabs your eye more, but this is a close second.

Flight of Passage also has a huge showbuilding that you can see from the parking lot but you can't really see it as you're walking towards the entrance and most people would forget or not realize what that building is and the attraction it houses.

Soarin' gets lost on most.

Tron has the same issue going for it that GotG does...as you approach the Magic Kingdom you'll see this giant warehouse (which will dwarf Space Mountain) and look really out of place.

Upon entering EPCOT as a child, I'd look in awe at Spaceship Earth and it would draw me in to see what it was all about. The architecture was key here. Guardians does not do that.

Yeah it sucks from outside the gates.

Disney World doesn’t really care about sightlines in general.

WDWFREAK53

The box of TRON is less than the height of SM.

My post was a little misleading...I didn't mean that due to Tron being larger than Space Mountain it would make it appear smaller, it's just that when you put something of that size right next to it, it will make Space Mountain look less grand. The ribs of Space Mountain give a perspective which makes it appear larger than it is and having a big box next to it would lessen that effect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom