News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

_caleb

Any chance Disney will use some sort of projection or floodlights on the exterior of the BBB to make it blend better with the sky conditions?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Any chance Disney will use some sort of projection or floodlights on the exterior of the BBB to make it blend better with the sky conditions?

That would only work in rare situations. It already blends sorta well in bright blue-sky conditions. When it's dark and stormy, you can't *project darkness* onto it. At night, any projection would make it stand out more so.

What should have been done was a mottled blue/white/grey for better camouflage. But it's too late for that.

I’m gonna get pounded for this but WHY DOES EVERYONE IN THIS COMMUNITY COMPLAIN ABOUT A BUILDING??? Epcot could be falling apart still, I’m sure some of you would prefer that 🙄. Disney is changing the park that didn’t work past 94, Epcot can’t be about the future, it changes to fast, that’s why Innoventions failed. Epcot is going in a new direction, and while I don’t like Moana being in this park, they are at least getting rid of the ugly 2000’s props left over and putting use to abandoned pavilions

Epcot_Imagineer

It seems to be emanating from the FoN and spreading elsewhere around the park...
8E97FA54-0B2D-4D62-9128-2AF1B24A7B9F-1024x453.jpg

Epcot_Imagineer

For context Martin was talking about where sinkholes were and weren't for this post...
ToT was moved due to one. World Showcase lagoon has one, as does the east pond by Odyssey. There's one in the vicinity of PotC/JC. The Ventitian site is unstable, not sure if its due to a sinkhole or just soft ground.
And no, Horizons didn't have one. But Energy does.
So I've got a question now... they fix up that sinkhole for Cosmic Rewind? Or is this going to be a short lived 500 million dollar attraction?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
For context Martin was talking about where sinkholes were and weren't for this post...

So I've got a question now... they fix up that sinkhole for Cosmic Rewind? Or is this going to be a short lived 500 million dollar attraction?
Sinkholes can essentially be fixed. There is not an engineer on the planet that would sign off on a project with a known sinkhole unless the issue was corrected in some fashion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

The tracks go down into the sinkhole! That's how you get one of the longest indoor coasters in the world!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom