News Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind attraction confirmed for Epcot

tparris

In that region, including movements within the 1982 building.
Do you happen to know what part of the ride this is?
441EEB7B-6255-4D7B-93BC-C2233EE4492D.jpeg
6BB8B479-4985-40F6-9C62-05E4C2144C0F.jpeg

Touchdown

Do you happen to know what part of the ride this is?
View attachment 419711View attachment 419710

That part of the track is very near the launch tunnel, my guess is that it is either the start of the launch or the break run, however from the quick view of that I saw on the monorail the angle looked wrong for the launch so I bet it’s the break run.

Modern rides use magnetic breaks, these breaks cannot be turned off, they are always on, so most of them are calibrated to slow the train to a crawl and angling the track allows the train to use gravity to move past the break run once either the one magnetic break that halts movement is lowered below the train or the one mechanical break is released.

Rob562

That part of the track is very near the launch tunnel, my guess is that it is either the start of the launch or the break run, however from the quick view of that I saw on the monorail the angle looked wrong for the launch so I bet it’s the break run.

Modern rides use magnetic breaks, these breaks cannot be turned off, they are always on, so most of them are calibrated to slow the train to a crawl and angling the track allows the train to use gravity to move past the break run once either the one magnetic break that halts movement is lowered below the train or the one mechanical break is released.

*brake

-Rob

matt9112

Longest can mean two things (time and length) but in the coaster stat world it means length of track. The longest coaster in the world is Steel Dragon 2000 at 8133 ft, longest in the US is Fury 325 at 6602 ft.

The Incridicoaster at DCA is actually #7, even with how big that building is it’s not going to touch those coasters; Exhibition Everest is currently the longest coaster at WDW at 4424 ft, if this coaster is longer then Everest, that’s going to be one heck of an indoor coaster and there will have to be a portion of the ride (not just the station) in the old UoE building, or there will be no room for theming in the gravity building because the track is going to twist too much on itself.

I dont think theres any theming...lights and music maybe? There not going to encapsulate the entire track in theming and "scenes" its economics dont make sense. My opinion is some lighting and music coupled with some screen projection stuff at certain moments like tron. Than the few show scenes at beginning and end. I would again (opinion) guess theres a pre show than another pre show (because 2019 disney) than a show scene right after load and including launch. (One scene or two seperate) than ride and at final brakes another show scene.

MaximumEd

I dont think theres any theming...lights and music maybe? There not going to encapsulate the entire track in theming and "scenes" its economics dont make sense. My opinion is some lighting and music coupled with some screen projection stuff at certain moments like tron. Than the few show scenes at beginning and end. I would again (opinion) guess theres a pre show than another pre show (because 2019 disney) than a show scene right after load and including launch. (One scene or two seperate) than ride and at final brakes another show scene.

Sounds about right for 300 million (or whatever it was).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom