News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

TTA94

True or not this news got shared in another thread that Harmonius will have drones, fire, kites and other things. Also got briefly mentioned Epcot Forever is expected to last only 7 months.... that brings us to April or May, which goes along with the other rumor we heard awhile back.

Snow Queen 83

I don't think there is enough Epcot in Epcot Forever. They should have had more actual sounds from past rides and more designed fireworks for specific attractions.

Someone on the Dis said "It felt like a funeral for the Epcot we know" and I tend to agree. But it was a bad funeral where nothing was executed right.

Figments Friend

Yes, it is a 'funeral' in some respects.

It was meant to convey the transition from the EPCOT Center we all knew and loved from the past to the 'whole new world' Epcot will become in the near future.
A 'love letter' to the Parks' legacy, but it fell short for some.

Think of it as just that, the transitional gap between eras.

-

Epcot_Imagineer

Just to put my two cents in here, but the reason Disney continually passes on drone technology is that it is highly dependent on weather conditions. Yes -- the firework shows are altered for inclement weather, but they are rarely outright cancelled. If a large portion of a Disney show were the drones it would have to be continually cancelled due to wind being anything higher than a light breeze, or any sort of chance of precipitation. Additionally, you would have to wait until every sort of pyrotechnic was out of the way during a drone performance. There is no way you could have drones flying around while fireworks are going off. The LED barge in RoE had none of these limiting factors.

gerarar

Premium Member
Idk, but the more and more videos that I watch of this show, the more it's growing on me.

The kites, especially the fire kites, really hit it for me.
"Flying high...flying highhhh..!"

The ending still seems off, but it's meh.
Interesting they got rid of the loud fizzle popping(?) fireworks in the finale (very end). They were there on debut night, but have been gone since.

trainplane3

Idk, but the more and more videos that I watch of this show, the more it's growing on me.

The kites, especially the fire kites, really hit it for me.
"Flying high...flying highhhh..!"

The ending still seems off, but it's meh.
Interesting they got rid of the loud fizzle popping(?) fireworks in the finale (very end). They were there on debut night, but have been gone since.
The videos don't do the kites justice at all. They are really great in person. I had a friend tell me how lame the kites looked on the live stream but I told them to see it in person. Like I said before they're something so simple (literally lights on kites) but very effective. Especially the fact we haven't see anything like this in a US park.

The fireworks change could've been left over shells they had to use.

The videos don't do the kites justice at all. They are really great in person. I had a friend tell me how lame the kites looked on the live stream but I told them to see it in person. Like I said before they're something so simple (literally lights on kites) but very effective. Especially the fact we haven't see anything like this in a US park.

The fireworks change could've been left over shells they had to use.
The salutes appeared to return last weekend.

Rich Brownn

Just to put my two cents in here, but the reason Disney continually passes on drone technology is that it is highly dependent on weather conditions. Yes -- the firework shows are altered for inclement weather, but they are rarely outright cancelled. If a large portion of a Disney show were the drones it would have to be continually cancelled due to wind being anything higher than a light breeze, or any sort of chance of precipitation. Additionally, you would have to wait until every sort of pyrotechnic was out of the way during a drone performance. There is no way you could have drones flying around while fireworks are going off. The LED barge in RoE had none of these limiting factors.
The certainly didn't have issues at Disney Springs/Downtown Disney when they did the drone Christmas show == 3 times a night

Jones14

We got over to see this one last night. Here’s some thoughts:

- Loved the use of One Little Spark to transition between each theme, and had no qualms with the kids choir.
- Really enjoyed the throwback music, although it lagged a little leading into Veggie Veggie Fruit Fruit.
- The kites are really nice, and help with the fact that the fireworks are pretty average by Disney standards; Having them accompany Soarin’ is very clever.
- Those lasers are awesome, probably the best use of lasers I’ve seen.
- The wheels really do fall off once A Whole New World starts. I get the connection of making EPCOT into a whole new world, but it feels weird to focus on a song from the one IP that isn’t getting smashed into the park over the next few years. If they had to throw an IP in I’d have much preferred to hear Guardians, Moana, Ratatouille, Mary Poppins, etc.
- Overall, the show is just fine (not bad, just fine) but we’ll probably catch it a few more times because EPCOT continues to be the most pleasant place to watch fireworks.

gerarar

Premium Member
If anyone has noticed, the fire kites only have 4 kites per set now, rather then 5 when they first debuted.
I suspect this is due to wear and tear in which that many of them were not lighting up for the past week+. They probably took them off for repairs and such..
Even some of the ones currently in use are malfunctioning and broken-ish. I honestly think the impact of the kites "crashing" on the water (when they're done being used) contributes to this.

I attached last night's show, in which it starts off right at the fire kites segment, which shows the changes/adjustments:

trainplane3

If anyone has noticed, the fire kites only have 4 kites per set now, rather then 5 when they first debuted.
I suspect this is due to wear and tear in which that many of them were not lighting up for the past week+. They probably took them off for repairs and such..
Even some of the ones currently in use are malfunctioning and broken-ish. I honestly think the impact of the kites "crashing" on the water (when they're done being used) contributes to this.

I attached last night's show, in which it starts off right at the fire kites segment, which shows the changes/adjustments:

On debut night one of the kite sets already had a "dead" kite. I'm hoping they fix them even if it is a temporary show. No excuse for bad show.

FullSailDan

I’m not going to see it. Although I am considering using that big zoom lens I have.

It doesn't deserve a video. Husband and I saw it last week and we both turned to each other midway and said "What the actual __?". It's legit the worst showing of a nighttime show I've seen at a theme park aside from some unique fireworks. The music is atrocious, if you aren't a die-hard Figment fan then its completely lost on you. But even if you are, the kidz bop rendition is still a knife to the jugular.

The kites are... just... I don't even know. They belong in rivers of light in the far back as depth. 4 of them spread out across the WS lagoon is like when someone tries to use 2 strands of Christmas lights for a 20 foot tree. Also.. they weren't that exciting? Like.. DO SOMETHING WITH THEM! Chase each other, intertwine, I don't know, ANYTHING! Oh and when like 20% of your LEDs are out after a few weeks... thats a problem. WS2811s bullets are cheap and easy to splice together, theres no reason they shouldn't all be functional before showtime.

And then it's all just... over. Like no message, no story, just stuff in the sky and then done, like fireworks at a baseball game.

I can't believe they stopped running illuminations while we wait for the real deal and replaced it with this.

DarkMetroid567

I'm not going to read through a 71 page thread because lol, but does anyone know if there were permit-related reasons to Illuminations closing? It just seems very strange that Disney would make a temporary show before a planned show that started the day *of* Illuminations: ROE's 20th birthday.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom