The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

Doctor Doom's Fear Fall at Islands of Adventure seems to be doing pretty well. It is just Maliboomer with a light Doctor Doom theme.
Looking back a my original comment on this, I just want to say that I think theming is very important, but IP theming is irrelevant most of the time when it comes to thrill rides such as coasters and Drop Towers. Big Thunder doesn't need an outside IP, nor does Space Mtn. or the Matterhorn. They DO need their mood-setting decor and effects. DCA's drop tower needs an effective setup, but it can be any story that works. The IPs "Twilight Zone" and "GotG" were never the big draw. Any good, well-done theme will work.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Looking back a my original comment on this, I just want to say that I think theming is very important, but IP theming is irrelevant most of the time when it comes to thrill rides such as coasters and Drop Towers. Big Thunder doesn't need an outside IP, nor does Space Mtn. or the Matterhorn. They DO need their mood-setting decor and effects. DCA's drop tower needs an effective setup, but it can be any story that works. The IPs "Twilight Zone" and "GotG" were never the big draw. Any good, well-done theme will work.

Agreed, which is why when you take out the IP, the majestic haunted hotel theme works much better than a warehouse fortress power plant industrial macaroni art factory in the middle of old Hollywood Land during its golden age.

Rich T

Is there any better way to compare Disneyland and the MK than just looking at Autopia and the Tomorrowland Speedway?
Autopia, by far, is the more interesting ride... but can we please retire this one particular body style? Autopi-UGH.
autopiugh.jpg

...and the license plate says KFC. :D

Sharon&Susan

I’m very mixed about this. It’s definitely copying Cuphead very much and it’s not like Cuphead is need of a spiritual successor, it just released two years ago with DLC on the way. But, I do think there are some creative bosses here.

Animation ain’t great either compared to Cuphead with animation that looks Flash quality (but Cuphead had Microsoft funding it so...).

mickEblu

Original Poster
Random thought of the day: Most people don’t get to experience 1-2 decades in a given century. For me it might be the 60’s and 70’s.

I’m just hoping I make it to DLs 100th.

SuddenStorm

Random thought of the day: Most people don’t get to experience 1-2 decades in a given century. For me it might be the 60’s and 70’s.

I’m just hoping I make it to DLs 100th.

At 22... I'm comfortably gonna make it for the 100. I just worry how recognizable the place is gonna be.

I'm not attracted to anything Disney's done in Anaheim since Indy.... Making me wonder how long it'll be before I give up on Disneyland and find new areas to spend money.

mickEblu

Original Poster
At 22... I'm comfortably gonna make it for the 100. I just worry how recognizable the place is gonna be.

I'm not attracted to anything Disney's done in Anaheim since Indy.... Making me wonder how long it'll be before I give up on Disneyland and find new areas to spend money.

Nothing is promised my friend but I hope you are right.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
Nostalgic Critic's "First Viewing" episode on Aladdin has fun with the final line of Aladdin's little "I'm no streetrat" song : "They'd find out... I cannot sing... on keyyyyyy." :D

Was that guy ever funny? So much cringe.

Also The Twilight Zone theming is a big part of why I liked the ride at DCA. Turning it into Mission: Garbage Chute lost a lot of the charm and scariness. It also turned the sightlines into a joke for a lot of the park.

lifeisgoodboy

Was that guy ever funny? So much cringe.

Also The Twilight Zone theming is a big part of why I liked the ride at DCA. Turning it into Mission: Garbage Chute lost a lot of the charm and scariness. It also turned the sightlines into a joke for a lot of the park.

I think they should have kept TOT and put the MU where Bugs life theme was and not replace TOT with GotG ride instead. The should have ride with GotG theme instead of Spider-Man ride.

ParkPeeker

I’m very mixed about this. It’s definitely copying Cuphead very much and it’s not like Cuphead is need of a spiritual successor, it just released two years ago with DLC on the way. But, I do think there are some creative bosses here.

Animation ain’t great either compared to Cuphead with animation that looks Flash quality (but Cuphead had Microsoft funding it so...).

Ok I scrolled passed some tweets about this but didn't really look into it. Now after watching this... people were absolutely right with all those meme tweets, that's straight up Cuphead but cheap version 😆

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom