working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

My goodness, that all sounds like a dreadful experience. At least you're all o.k. though. But I can only imagine dealing with the cleanup for some time to come. Sorry to hear that you and your family experienced this awful rain storm. :(

Obviously, it would have been ideal if the water didn't come in at all, but so many have it so much worse that I'm just going to be grateful for these blessings. I also have a lot of work friends who have flooded over the years who are a wealth of information, so if I need it, they are there for input.

HouCuseChickie

Just wanted to pop in...

Things are crazy busy here. The insurance adjusters came by today and I guess the damage is a bit worse than we thought. The stuff up front is how we thought it would be, but everything along the back of the house is going to need some serious work. I'll spare you the details, but it's going to be a lot of work and disruption. I'm still trying to stay on top of my workouts and running. I'm doing another race this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll be running at full steam. We'll see. I also ordered some resistance bands to help with cross training and my friend invited me to chair yoga in the office tomorrow...so that should be interesting.

StarWarsGirl

Hopefully it'll get easier after a few days. Those first few are so rough. :(
Thanks. It's rough. Yesterday I ended up with low blood sugar (I'm mildly hypoglycemic) and had to pop some candies at the end of the day, so clearly something I was doing wasn't right.

I'm thinking maybe I should eat more soup and such as my meals. I was trying to think back to high school when I lost a bunch of weight Junior year. I was eating a LOT of soup, especially with lunch, and then pieces of fruit and yogurt. Well, no yogurt anymore for me, but I probably should revert back to the soup thing.

Egg sandwich from Starbucks this morning (along with a chai latte, because I haven't had one in a while and I wanted one). Then chilli and an apple for lunch. Then if I need a snack, pita chips from the vending machine. Not Cheetos, which is what I really wanted yesterday...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Thanks. It's rough. Yesterday I ended up with low blood sugar (I'm mildly hypoglycemic) and had to pop some candies at the end of the day, so clearly something I was doing wasn't right.

I'm thinking maybe I should eat more soup and such as my meals. I was trying to think back to high school when I lost a bunch of weight Junior year. I was eating a LOT of soup, especially with lunch, and then pieces of fruit and yogurt. Well, no yogurt anymore for me, but I probably should revert back to the soup thing.

Egg sandwich from Starbucks this morning (along with a chai latte, because I haven't had one in a while and I wanted one). Then chilli and an apple for lunch. Then if I need a snack, pita chips from the vending machine. Not Cheetos, which is what I really wanted yesterday...

It's really hard to stick to a diet. I've started and stopped many times!

Sans Souci

Just wanted to pop in...

Things are crazy busy here. The insurance adjusters came by today and I guess the damage is a bit worse than we thought. The stuff up front is how we thought it would be, but everything along the back of the house is going to need some serious work. I'll spare you the details, but it's going to be a lot of work and disruption. I'm still trying to stay on top of my workouts and running. I'm doing another race this weekend, but I'm not sure if I'll be running at full steam. We'll see. I also ordered some resistance bands to help with cross training and my friend invited me to chair yoga in the office tomorrow...so that should be interesting.

I'm a little out of the loop and I am just catching up here. I'm sorry about the flooding, that sounds so stressful. Having workers in your house is always nerve wracking and disruptive. I hope they can get your sorted out quickly. I also hope you got to run your race today. Like you said upthread, a bit normalcy in an otherwise stressful situation is helpful.

Sans Souci

Tracking my food is what works for me, but ymmv. There are free ones like My fitness pal, if you want to track, the food database is massive and if you cook, you can cut and paste a recipe page and it calculates calories per serving for you. You can also link your Fitbit to it so it calculates your calorie target with that data.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I got back from my cruise last night. It was a lot of fun, but I was kind of sick for most of it.
I was not contagious, trust me. I did the Castaway Cay 5K with my roommate and did a couple of yoga practices on my balcony. My stomach and I were just not on the same page on this cruise, so I am taking today off. I am going to make sure I eat nutritious food and try to jump back in tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit run down, TBH.

As nice as the beds are on the Dream, it was so lovely to get into my own last night. I honestly had a great time, but I was so ready to be home again. :)

Here are some photos.

Castaway Cay
Z3pCn7NNTLO1M%tT9MpCqg.jpg

Tuna at Animator's Palette
2TLwY7AeSRqwrjAvgMgvZA.jpg

"French toast" for the adult Halloween costume contest
kQOTk6kcQk6du1bMayGzDg.jpg

The most amazing thing I've ever eaten. Poulet Rouge at Remy.
Dtp1koUfQnGy9yNV%WRvIg.jpg

Aft of the Dream. My room is to the right of the Bahamian flag.Bu7Ni0+FSZ+B9hu4bPsnKw.jpg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Hello-

I got back from my cruise last night. It was a lot of fun, but I was kind of sick for most of it.
I was not contagious, trust me. I did the Castaway Cay 5K with my roommate and did a couple of yoga practices on my balcony. My stomach and I were just not on the same page on this cruise, so I am taking today off. I am going to make sure I eat nutritious food and try to jump back in tomorrow. I'm feeling a bit run down, TBH.

As nice as the beds are on the Dream, it was so lovely to get into my own last night. I honestly had a great time, but I was so ready to be home again. :)

Here are some photos.

Castaway Cay
View attachment 414671

View attachment 414672

View attachment 414673

View attachment 414676

Aft of the Dream. My room is to the right of the Bahamian flag.View attachment 414677

The pictures look so inviting. I also like your costume!

Too bad you were under the weather for some of your vacation -- horrible timing!! Ugh!

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

Here are some photos.

Castaway Cay
View attachment 414671

View attachment 414672

View attachment 414673

View attachment 414676

Aft of the Dream. My room is to the right of the Bahamian flag.View attachment 414677

Castaway looks so beautiful, and even though I'm not a beach person, the water looks so inviting! Love the costume. Sorry you weren't feeling well. It's never fun when you feel off like that during a vacation. Love the costume!

HouCuseChickie

I'm a little out of the loop and I am just catching up here. I'm sorry about the flooding, that sounds so stressful. Having workers in your house is always nerve wracking and disruptive. I hope they can get your sorted out quickly. I also hope you got to run your race today. Like you said upthread, a bit normalcy in an otherwise stressful situation is helpful.

I have no idea how long this will take. I know it's going to be a little bit for the insurance portion to get worked out. At least we've already had adjusters by the house. I've heard others are still waiting. Sadly, many others around us didn't have flood insurance. I know it's an added expense, but it's extremely affordable. Plus, when you see how many have flooded here since the new construction started creating drainage problems (not to mention the extreme cost of handling this without insurance), I think every homeowner here should have it. Still, it's sad to see all of these lawns covered in heaps of flooded out flooring, furniture, walls, appliances, etc. Some are also finding out the hard way how auto insurance works in a flood. So yeah...getting away from all of this and doing something positive, like a run, was good for me.

HouCuseChickie

Well, I ran the race today, but it definitely wasn't my best run. All week, I've debated running, not running, and not running for time. My stomach made the decision for me. I guess the nerves from the flood issues, work demands, and kid stuff finally caught up with me. Thankfully, it was nothing bad enough to keep me from running, but it was my signal that today was about fun and the experience. It was also the warmest race I've had all month. I remember standing at the starting line, sun just starting to come up, and I'm already drenched in sweat. I still think it was worth it. I wanted to do this one before I got the crazy idea of trying to get a good proof of time. Running into the tunnel at Minute Maid and crossing the finish line in right field was the most magical run experience I've had to date.

After coming home, I biked for about 10mi. I know it sounds so crazy, but this helps my leg muscles from seizing up and cramping. After that, I did some leg stretching, arms. and abs. Now to log into work until I have to get the older one to school for an arts fundraiser. The dessert social covers the choir, orchestra, band, dance, theater, and visual arts programs. I made a cake. I wanted to do more, but I just didn't have the time or energy. I feel bad since she's in two groups (dance/choir) and I probably should have brought two things. Oh well.

mickey after run.jpg

fall cake.jpg

Sans Souci

The pictures look so inviting. I also like your costume!

Too bad you were under the weather for some of your vacation -- horrible timing!! Ugh!

Thanks. It was totally bad timing, but I was able to have a blast anyway. I just had some extra naps and an early night or two. It could have been much worse, like the stomach flu. :hungover:

Sans Souci

Castaway looks so beautiful, and even though I'm not a beach person, the water looks so inviting! Love the costume. Sorry you weren't feeling well. It's never fun when you feel off like that during a vacation. Love the costume!

I got a few compliments on my costume, but I didn't win any of the categories of the costume contest. But a friend of mine did win a category, so I am glad one of us one something!

I'm not a beach person, either. But I enjoy Castaway Cay. It reminds me of Typhoon Lagoon. I don't spend all day out there, like many do. I just do the 5K, eat lunch, get in the water for a bit and get back on the ship. There's lot of stuff to do, bike rentals, snorkeling, meet and greets, etc.

Sans Souci

I have no idea how long this will take. I know it's going to be a little bit for the insurance portion to get worked out. At least we've already had adjusters by the house. I've heard others are still waiting. Sadly, many others around us didn't have flood insurance. I know it's an added expense, but it's extremely affordable. Plus, when you see how many have flooded here since the new construction started creating drainage problems (not to mention the extreme cost of handling this without insurance), I think every homeowner here should have it. Still, it's sad to see all of these lawns covered in heaps of flooded out flooring, furniture, walls, appliances, etc. Some are also finding out the hard way how auto insurance works in a flood. So yeah...getting away from all of this and doing something positive, like a run, was good for me.

We decided to get flood insurance last year. We're not high risk, but I live next to a creek. When it rains heavily, I watch it creep closely to my house. It's not a risk I am willing to take if another Sandy strikes or just a slow moving system with heavy rain. It worth the peace of mind.

Sans Souci

Well, I ran the race today, but it definitely wasn't my best run. All week, I've debated running, not running, and not running for time. My stomach made the decision for me. I guess the nerves from the flood issues, work demands, and kid stuff finally caught up with me. Thankfully, it was nothing bad enough to keep me from running, but it was my signal that today was about fun and the experience. It was also the warmest race I've had all month. I remember standing at the starting line, sun just starting to come up, and I'm already drenched in sweat. I still think it was worth it. I wanted to do this one before I got the crazy idea of trying to get a good proof of time. Running into the tunnel at Minute Maid and crossing the finish line in right field was the most magical run experience I've had to date.

After coming home, I biked for about 10mi. I know it sounds so crazy, but this helps my leg muscles from seizing up and cramping. After that, I did some leg stretching, arms. and abs. Now to log into work until I have to get the older one to school for an arts fundraiser. The dessert social covers the choir, orchestra, band, dance, theater, and visual arts programs. I made a cake. I wanted to do more, but I just didn't have the time or energy. I feel bad since she's in two groups (dance/choir) and I probably should have brought two things. Oh well.

View attachment 414757

View attachment 414758

I'm glad you had a good race and were able to take your mind off of stressful stuff. You look really happy in your photo with Mickey. (I had no idea Mickey was an Astros fan.:hilarious: )

The cake is gorgeous. I love the leaves and the colors on them. I wouldn't beat yourself up for not bringing two items, I mean, look at all of the things you are dealing with right now. I hope people are understanding about things like that.

Sans Souci

Good morning-

I've been working my way through workouts I bought but never tried. I have a bunch of digital downloads I discovered recently. So I did one of those this AM, it was an hour long.

I've been up since 4, because that's when my husband's alarm went off. He's going to Toronto for work for 2 nights. I was kind of excited to have the house to myself, then I remembered my son has today and tomorrow off for Rosh Hashana. So, I have been hearing him gaming loudly since 6:30 AM. :cautious:

I'll probably get out for a stroll later before the rain rolls in. :)

StarWarsGirl

Good morning,

No workout for me today. My brother and I went to Hershey Park yesterday. My Fitbit says I burned 3,000 calories. Which is why I ignored the diet yesterday. Not terribly bad eating as I had a quesadilla for dinner and a sub for lunch, but I did have some fries and a cookie during the day. Not the Dippin' Dots sundae I really wanted...

And we're back to the diet today. I had Starbucks for breakfast because I'm trying to stave off a migraine, and their chai tea lattes are, for some reason, the only thing that works, along with four ibuprofen (and before anyone lectures me, I've got permission from my doctor to take four). I brought chicken noodle soup and some blueberries for lunch.

So we shall see how this goes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom