working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

Those are neat photos! I always hear them around my house, but I never see them.

When I was in HS, there was this woodpecker that liked to drum against the exterior of my bedroom. It would start so early, which is incompatible with Sat. & Sun. mornings. I would pound on the wall, to try to scare it away. It never worked. One day, I went out with a broom, hoping to sweep it away. Those things have a crazy grip, because I could not get it off the wood siding.

I still like them, though. I also like to hear the drumming, as long as it's not my bedroom receiving it.

I've seen the smaller ones around our house, but the big ones only seem to be up at the fields. I know we had one that liked the big tree at our first house, but they aren't very common here from what I've been reading. What cracks me up is that they will peck the metal lighting. I guess the tasty bugs aren't always on the wood. They are loud enough with the wood, but the metal sounds like they're banging a bunch of pots and pans up there.

HouCuseChickie

Hello-

I went for a walk with my husband today. It was overcast and kind of blah.

I am switching workouts tomorrow. My knee and hip joints and back hurt after I do these current workouts. They do target and help my problem areas, but I think they're incompatible with my body. TBH, they are not fun and they induce dread. Plus this instructor is so extra. She says things like, "Think of the male attention your backside will get you." :cautious: Seriously? Yeah, that's not why I workout and it makes me feel a little stabby. :hilarious:

I am kind of leaning towards kettlebells, but I don't like how my hands get calloused from them. I'll see how I feel in the morning. :)

A walk sound nice...overcast or not.

That would make me nuts if I had to hear about all of the attention my posterior would be receiving from her workout.

Funny you mention it, but I have several callouses from my bells. I'm thinking about buying exercise gloves.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Sometimes procrastination happens because you really do need to take a break. You sound like you've been incredibly busy with the added stress of getting your house repaired.

Precisely! @HouCuseChickie , Sans Souci is spot on with this comment. From what I've been reading in your posts, you've taken on many things at once, and procrastination is a defense mechanism -- making it clear to you, that Rome was not built in a day (so to speak ;)). There's nothing wrong in pacing yourself. Things will get done and you'll feel better. Take good care, please.

Sans Souci

A walk sound nice...overcast or not.

That would make me nuts if I had to hear about all of the attention my posterior would be receiving from her workout.

Funny you mention it, but I have several callouses from my bells. I'm thinking about buying exercise gloves.

I have tried gloves with the kettle bells, but I feel like I am going to lose the bell when I swing. I feel like my skin is still getting friction with the glove. I read you can take an old tube sock and cut off the "foot" of the sock, so you're left with the "tube." You wear that part from your wrist to where your fingers meet your palm. I don't know--nobody here wears tube socks.

Sans Souci

Good morning 🌞

I did day one of a kettlebell program. I can tell I am probably going to be sore tomorrow. I was done in 45 minutes and that included a 5 minute warm up and a really good 15 minute stretch. I'll see how long I last doing this. I love kettlebells, but I swear, they make my thighs bulk up like nobody's business. :hilarious:

I'm going to get out for a stroll to hopefully mitigate any soreness this morning. It's supposed to rain for the next few days, so I want to get out for some additional vitamin D and sunlight while I can.

I made some no-knead bread dough last night. I tried this extra super strength instant yeast. Wow. My dough had noticeably risen in 10 minutes! :eek: I keep it in the fridge for at least two days before I use it, it takes on a sourdough-like flavor when I do that. :hungry:

Sans Souci

Good morning! 🌅

Today was day 2 of the kettlebell program. It was a 10 min ab workout and there were no bells involved, thankfully. It was a horizontal work out, but it was still pretty challenging for me. I slept poorly last night, because of muscle soreness from yesterday's workout. Every time I moved, the muscle soreness woke me up. :hilarious: I also did a 15 minute stretch class and I am hoping to get out for a walk to break up the soreness.

I tried a new Weight Watchers recipe for dinner last night (because I am not on a cruise anymore) and I never tell my husband when I do. He would have preconceived notions and eat thinking it's going to taste "healthy." So, I made Mushroom-Swiss turkey burgers with garlic aioli. He devoured 2 of them and declared them "phenomenal." He then said I should make them more often. 🤣

Tonight is a roasted veggie and chickpea couscous bowl served with a lemon-cashew cream sauce. :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning! 🌅

Today was day 2 of the kettlebell program. It was a 10 min ab workout and there were no bells involved, thankfully. It was a horizontal work out, but it was still pretty challenging for me. I slept poorly last night, because of muscle soreness from yesterday's workout. Every time I moved, the muscle soreness woke me up. :hilarious: I also did a 15 minute stretch class and I am hoping to get out for a walk to break up the soreness.

I tried a new Weight Watchers recipe for dinner last night (because I am not on a cruise anymore) and I never tell my husband when I do. He would have preconceived notions and eat thinking it's going to taste "healthy." So, I made Mushroom-Swiss turkey burgers with garlic aioli. He devoured 2 of them and declared them "phenomenal." He then said I should make them more often. 🤣

Tonight is a roasted veggie and chickpea couscous bowl served with a lemon-cashew cream sauce. :hungry:

I just looked up recipes for that -- looks interesting. I might try that one of these days! :hungry: (At this time of year, it would be indoor cooking, not outside on the grill. I saw both versions in recipes I read.)

Sans Souci

I just looked up recipes for that -- looks interesting. I might try that one of these days! :hungry: (At this time of year, it would be indoor cooking, not outside on the grill. I saw both versions in recipes I read.)

I made the burgers in a skillet. Lighting the grill was too ambitious for me. The minced shallots, mushrooms and mayo mixed into the ground turkey made them really juicy. Sometimes turkey burgers can be so dry. :hungover:

HouCuseChickie

Precisely! @HouCuseChickie , Sans Souci is spot on with this comment. From what I've been reading in your posts, you've taken on many things at once, and procrastination is a defense mechanism -- making it clear to you, that Rome was not built in a day (so to speak ;)). There's nothing wrong in pacing yourself. Things will get done and you'll feel better. Take good care, please.

Thanks! Yeah...I'm really trying. I got home last night and decided to do some "me" stuff to try and unwind. It's going to sound like work, but decorating for Halloween was therapeutic. 2+ hours of yard decor work in the dark was a little nuts, but in the end, I got to stand across the street in the relative peace of the evening and take it all in. I'm also trying to get back into better eating habits. The stress eating isn't helping anything, so I'm hoping to get the mental and physical benefits of better nutrition. They've been catering lunch at work due to our volumes, and while I can't eat it all due to my dietary restrictions, I'm passing on all of it.

HouCuseChickie

I have tried gloves with the kettle bells, but I feel like I am going to lose the bell when I swing. I feel like my skin is still getting friction with the glove. I read you can take an old tube sock and cut off the "foot" of the sock, so you're left with the "tube." You wear that part from your wrist to where your fingers meet your palm. I don't know--nobody here wears tube socks.

That's a very valid concern. I'm always worried I'm going to lose my grip and a bell will go flying into the wall or one of my screens. I like the sock idea. It's definitely kind to the budget...and my husband still wears tube socks :hilarious: I tried to convert him, but I've learned to just pick my battles. If I can squeeze my hands into the kids' batting gloves, I may see how they feel. They should have decent gripping power and might work if socks and workout gloves don't.

Sans Souci

Thanks! Yeah...I'm really trying. I got home last night and decided to do some "me" stuff to try and unwind. It's going to sound like work, but decorating for Halloween was therapeutic. 2+ hours of yard decor work in the dark was a little nuts, but in the end, I got to stand across the street in the relative peace of the evening and take it all in. I'm also trying to get back into better eating habits. The stress eating isn't helping anything, so I'm hoping to get the mental and physical benefits of better nutrition. They've been catering lunch at work due to our volumes, and while I can't eat it all due to my dietary restrictions, I'm passing on all of it.

I think holiday decorating sounds like fun. You get a feeling of accomplishment when you're done and I'll bet your yard looks cute. I'm trying to get my eating habits back in order, too. I get carb cravings like you wouldn't believe. I blame the reduction in sunlight. I think my body wants to hibernate through the winter.

Sans Souci

That's a very valid concern. I'm always worried I'm going to lose my grip and a bell will go flying into the wall or one of my screens. I like the sock idea. It's definitely kind to the budget...and my husband still wears tube socks :hilarious: I tried to convert him, but I've learned to just pick my battles. If I can squeeze my hands into the kids' batting gloves, I may see how they feel. They should have decent gripping power and might work if socks and workout gloves don't.

I avoided kettlebells for the longest time. I was scared I'd lose grip and the bell would go through a wall or the floor. :hilarious: I only do them downstairs where the floor is carpet over concrete and I'm pretty far from any walls. I hate to tempt fate, but I haven't been close to losing one in mid-swing, but I am also conservative about how much weight I use. I only move up to a heavier weight when I am 110% sure I can handle it.

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀

My scheduled workout today was 50 kettlebell swings+ a 20 minute "stretch and tone" workout. I peeked at tomorrow's work out and the work out begins with 100 swings, has a quick circuit and ends with 100 swings--sounds fun. :cautious:

My son goes for his driving test today. I'm not sure he's going to pass. We've rescheduled this so many times and he said he finally feels ready. I "failed" my first attempt at a license. Before you drive off, they make you beep your horn, check your lights, directionals, etc. I went to beep it and it was silent! Test over! :hilarious:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Good morning ☀

My scheduled workout today was 50 kettlebell swings+ a 20 minute "stretch and tone" workout. I peeked at tomorrow's work out and the work out begins with 100 swings, has a quick circuit and ends with 100 swings--sounds fun. :cautious:

My son goes for his driving test today. I'm not sure he's going to pass. We've rescheduled this so many times and he said he finally feels ready. I "failed" my first attempt at a license. Before you drive off, they make you beep your horn, check your lights, directionals, etc. I went to beep it and it was silent! Test over! :hilarious:

Ha! I also had a funny situation back when I took my driving test. The Registry had overbooked driving tests the day I was scheduled, and they were also down 1 examiner that day. Hence, everyone's road "test" was about 4 minutes! :hilarious: (My driving instructor told me that if I had the full examiner test, I would have failed!) :p But, he knew I was capable of all the requirements, and I was just nervous with the examiner in the car--even if only for 4 minutes or so! :D

HouCuseChickie

I think holiday decorating sounds like fun. You get a feeling of accomplishment when you're done and I'll bet your yard looks cute. I'm trying to get my eating habits back in order, too. I get carb cravings like you wouldn't believe. I blame the reduction in sunlight. I think my body wants to hibernate through the winter.

It was good medicine too. Every year, I add more to the display. I decided to put this year's additions in first, since it's always a challenge incorporating the new. I went easy on myself this year by not tying the new in to the old...they just live together in the same space :hilarious: After that, I put in the rest of the display (minus a few things I added last night to try and ease the hubby's concerns). It's not easy and it's a lot of work, but it's something I know how to put together. It bugs me that it's not a cohesive theme like my old display, but I'm really not sure anyone else cares. Ultimately, while it was Christmas displays that prompted me to start doing bigger stuff for Halloween, I think I prefer Halloween decorating. Don't get me wrong...I love Christmas lights, but Halloween can be dirty and imperfect and still look pretty fabulous.

I agree on the reduction in sunlight being factor. This time of year is always difficult for that reason and it makes me crazy that Daylight Savings Time won't end until November. It's such a challenge dragging myself out of bed and I'm also finding it harder to fall asleep on time. I put my foot down with food this week though. I keep telling myself that eating better will help me through the light changes.

HouCuseChickie

I avoided kettlebells for the longest time. I was scared I'd lose grip and the bell would go through a wall or the floor. :hilarious: I only do them downstairs where the floor is carpet over concrete and I'm pretty far from any walls. I hate to tempt fate, but I haven't been close to losing one in mid-swing, but I am also conservative about how much weight I use. I only move up to a heavier weight when I am 110% sure I can handle it.

My heaviest kettlebell is 15lbs, so I'm not playing with anything too crazy. Still, I'm sure it'll do some damage if it goes flying into a wall. It's part of why I haven't been doing swing tosses. All it takes is missing one midair transfer!

Sans Souci

Ha! I also had a funny situation back when I took my driving test. The Registry had overbooked driving tests the day I was scheduled, and they were also down 1 examiner that day. Hence, everyone's road "test" was about 4 minutes! :hilarious: (My driving instructor told me that if I had the full examiner test, I would have failed!) :p But, he knew I was capable of all the requirements, and I was just nervous with the examiner in the car--even if only for 4 minutes or so! :D

Wow, that's lucky. It felt like mine went on forever. I would have loved a 4 minute driving exam! I think my examiner made me do every maneuver in the Rules of the Road.

My grandmother learned to drive when she was well into her 40s. When she went for her exam, the examiner told her she failed it. The examiner put an empty envelope next to my grandmother on the seat and told her she could do something to change her result!

Sans Souci

It was good medicine too. Every year, I add more to the display. I decided to put this year's additions in first, since it's always a challenge incorporating the new. I went easy on myself this year by not tying the new in to the old...they just live together in the same space :hilarious: After that, I put in the rest of the display (minus a few things I added last night to try and ease the hubby's concerns). It's not easy and it's a lot of work, but it's something I know how to put together. It bugs me that it's not a cohesive theme like my old display, but I'm really not sure anyone else cares. Ultimately, while it was Christmas displays that prompted me to start doing bigger stuff for Halloween, I think I prefer Halloween decorating. Don't get me wrong...I love Christmas lights, but Halloween can be dirty and imperfect and still look pretty fabulous.

I agree on the reduction in sunlight being factor. This time of year is always difficult for that reason and it makes me crazy that Daylight Savings Time won't end until November. It's such a challenge dragging myself out of bed and I'm also finding it harder to fall asleep on time. I put my foot down with food this week though. I keep telling myself that eating better will help me through the light changes.

I love Halloween decorating, too. I'm sure it looks great, even though you feel it's not cohesive. I think you're right about others not caring about cohesion in a Halloween display. It's meant to be fun and scary! You should show us a photo, if you feel comfortable enough. (I understand if you don't.)

HouCuseChickie

I've been working nearly 9.5 hours, so I decided to take a break to give my brain a little rest. Bringing the puppies in on and off has helped.

I've been on top of my nutrition and hydration so far this week and while my stress is still through the roof, I'm feeling better and working out better. While I haven't cut caffeine, I am trying to kill my diet soda addiction. I use Nuun for hydration and they have caffeinated versions, so I can hydrate while getting my fix. I know caffeine can dehydrate, but these tabs are like drinking a cup of green tea. Yesterday's and today's morning workouts felt much stronger. I'm also trying to incorporate in a bit more stretching and core strength because I think my runs are starting to suffer...well, my feet, ankles and legs to be exact. I'm not reinventing the wheel nor do I have a ton of time to add a bunch, but it's a lot of little things here and there...not even always right when I'm doing my cross training workouts. I've been trying to spell the alphabet with each foot whenever I get a chance since that's helping feet, ankles and calf muscles. I'm putting a timer under me while I plank so that I can push myself to maintain form a little bit longer than what had been my norm. I don't get as much time for them, but there are a few new stretches I'm doing for hips, hamstrings and glutes too.

I think it's all helping because I ran last night and I haven't felt that good since early September...both during my run and day after. It wasn't my fastest run, but it also wasn't a flat run and it's the fastest I've run this area. Mile 1 was my fastest, but that was downhill and I was forcing myself to keep a slower pace so that I didn't burn out. Miles 2 and 3 weren't that much slower and they were uphill, involved some speed work, as well as some pushing myself to run longer intervals once the incline wasn't as steep. It has cooled off some and that helped a little, but 79 is still pretty warm when you're talking run temps.

Now to find the mental energy to jump back into work.

HouCuseChickie

Funny how driving tests always seem to come with interesting stories. I had to take mine in my grandmother's car because none of our vehicles met the state's guidelines for suitable vehicles for a test even though they were perfectly legal. So, I was already uncomfortable. My parallel parking was a disaster and I started bawling. Thankfully, we were allowed to fail one element and still pass, but the exam conductor informed me that in his decades in this job, I was the first person to ever cry. He then followed that by saying it was his last day and he'd be retiring. So, unless something crazy happened after me (and it was already pretty late in the afternoon), I'd be the only person to ever cry during one of his tests. To this day, I find that very hard to believe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom