working out for Disney

HouCuseChickie

I did that yesterday. I woke up at 10 am. I was like, nope, and I went back to sleep until 12:30. Then I woke up, stayed up for a while, and passed out on the couch at around 3. Woke up at 6. Went back to bed by 11.

I found out this week that my thyroid hormone levels were wayyyy off, so we had to increase medication. Between that and going to Hershey again on Saturday, I'm sure my body had just had enough.

Taking another break from the gym today. I'll try again tomorrow.

Hopefully, you'll find the energy...or maybe rest is what you need right now.

HouCuseChickie

Thank you. The lasagna was tasty. I made the gravy in the Instant Pot and it had some unusual ingredients. It had soy sauce, fish sauce and Worcestershire sauce in it. You couldn't taste those ingredients, but they made the sauce very savory.

I have tried foam rolling, just not consistently. I find it very painful and not a "good" painful--my IT band :arghh:. Even when I use light pressure, it hurts. I think I need to work up to it. This is only going to get worse as I get older, so I am trying to stay supple/flexible as long as possible.

I haven't been using mine on my IT bands, so that may be why it's not so bad. I also use the handheld roller for some of the areas that seem too sensitive for the big roller. That way, you've got better control on the pressure and can adjust more for discomfort.

HouCuseChickie

Wow. Your body was definitely telling you to give it a rest!

I have nerve issues, too. Sometimes, I get a sharp, shooting pain in my rt glute. I went to physical therapy for it about 5 years ago, but I never kept up with the exercises she gave me (which, incidentally, involved a foam roller :p). But nerve pain is not fun, wherever it's located.

Is the busy season when you do that overnight work and you come home at 4 AM? That sounds stressful. Can you buy a dessert for your daughter's social, instead of baking one? That might take the pressure off a bit. You've got enough going on this week!

Nope...that middle of the night stuff was totally unrelated...although, that will make the busy season even busier this year.

I could buy stuff, but I've already bought some supplies for cookies and a cake. So, I'm going to try and throw something together.

epcotisbest

StarWarsGirl

I went to the gym after work. Swam for about 30 minutes.

Not sure if I mentioned this but I sprained my ankle pretty badly while in WDW. I did go to the doctor and it is just a sprain, albeit a nasty one. So I've been being very careful with it. I looked at my Fitbit's data. Normally, if I don't go to the gym, I average between 6k-8k steps in a day. I've been doing more like 4k lately. Well, it's what's needed so it can heal, but yikes.

So swimming I figured would probably help. It hurt horribly while doing it initially, then got better, then I was limping out of the pool. We shall see if it helped strengthen it at all

Planning on another rest day tomorrow to give my bad ankle a break.

MinnieM123

Premium Member

Not sure if I mentioned this but I sprained my ankle pretty badly while in WDW. I did go to the doctor and it is just a sprain, albeit a nasty one. So I've been being very careful with it. I looked at my Fitbit's data. Normally, if I don't go to the gym, I average between 6k-8k steps in a day. I've been doing more like 4k lately. Well, it's what's needed so it can heal, but yikes.

So swimming I figured would probably help. It hurt horribly while doing it initially, then got better, then I was limping out of the pool. We shall see if it helped strengthen it at all

With your propensity for injured ankles, I think you'll need a lot more than one day. I think swimming is a good idea, but maybe in another week at least?

Sans Souci

Take it easy until your ankle is better. There are no awards for jumping back into exercise after an injury. :)

I sprained my ankle crossing a street. I was wearing flats that were a touch too loose and I was walking quickly. My foot slipped out and my ankle went over my shoe. 🤦‍♀️

Sans Souci

Hello-

I've been going through my DVD collection and doing workouts from them--just to switch things up a bit.

I am almost finished with my Halloween costume for the cruise. I just need to super glue some things together and get some yard to hang part of my costume around my neck.

I am making spicy chicken soft tacos for dinner tonight. It's a Weight Watchers recipe. I've been behaving myself this week, because I go a little crazy on the cruise.

My costume. Don’t laugh. 😂 It travels easily and it was cheap to make.
C88C1EBB-110B-4571-AA35-20EB92C95D6F.jpeg

HouCuseChickie

@HouCuseChickie be safe in the storm.
Where is the storm? (HouCuseChickie be safe, as epcotisbest must have heard some urgent weather news.) I haven't watched the evening weather reports, so not sure where the storm is.
I was wondering about her and her family, too. I read schools cancelled class today down there. It was kinda hanging out in the Gulf for a while., but I guess it got a bit organized and came ashore.

Thanks everyone! We're soggy, but doing pretty well so far. The only issue I know of at this moment is that the stupid driveway gate isn't working again...well, unless you count the older one flipping out because the puppies got muddy paws all over her light pink jeans. I know you're all going to think this is crazy, but I actually ran in this last night. There's no wind or flooding up here yet and no lightning in what we've seen, so getting soaked was the only downside. I just ran a bit slower (which I needed to do anyway because it's a race week) to avoid all of the slippery leaves. We even popped into a school spirit night fund raiser after that. It was at a local Culver's, so it kept me from having to make dinner and they donate a pretty decent amount of the profits to the school. Our school district is in session, but I decided to drive the kids vs. having them bike...just in case it gets bad or they hit a trail section that's under water. I'm working from home today, so I'm close by in case there's an early dismissal.

The younger one took some pictures of the stormy sunset on our way to spirit night. This was the only one kind of in focus.

48752874821_dee0949dbf_c.jpg

StarWarsGirl

With your propensity for injured ankles, I think you'll need a lot more than one day. I think swimming is a good idea, but maybe in another week at least?
I'm thinking probably over the weekend. It has been about four weeks now since I initially injured it, so it's probably time to start working it out. It's starting to get stiff, and I don't want that to continue.

I'll probably do some arm work later this week.

Sans Souci

Thanks everyone! We're soggy, but doing pretty well so far. The only issue I know of at this moment is that the stupid driveway gate isn't working again...well, unless you count the older one flipping out because the puppies got muddy paws all over her light pink jeans. I know you're all going to think this is crazy, but I actually ran in this last night. There's no wind or flooding up here yet and no lightning in what we've seen, so getting soaked was the only downside. I just ran a bit slower (which I needed to do anyway because it's a race week) to avoid all of the slippery leaves. We even popped into a school spirit night fund raiser after that. It was at a local Culver's, so it kept me from having to make dinner and they donate a pretty decent amount of the profits to the school. Our school district is in session, but I decided to drive the kids vs. having them bike...just in case it gets bad or they hit a trail section that's under water. I'm working from home today, so I'm close by in case there's an early dismissal.

The younger one took some pictures of the stormy sunset on our way to spirit night. This was the only one kind of in focus.

48752874821_dee0949dbf_c.jpg

I hope you haven't had to build an ark. :oops:

Sans Souci

Good morning--

I did a 56 minute workout this AM. It was very sweaty and I am liking the change from yoga for the time being. I wish I could bring these on the cruise, but they are on my laptop. I don't like traveling with my laptop unless I am going somewhere like my mom's house, my mil's house or a rental. I am going to be doing a lot of transferring and it's one more item to worry about. I have some audio yoga practices on my phone, so I do those on my balcony and it's bliss 🥰

It has been about a month since I applied to Delta. I had a look at a FA job board a few weeks ago and others who applied the same time I did were already getting video interviews with current FAs. Others were getting "keep warm" emails. But they never asked for my CV. They only had a basic questionnaire. The only question I could not answer affirmatively was about being responsible for the safety of others, so I guess that knocked me out of contention. My husband said I should have said yes, since I worked in Hospice. Part of my training was learning CPR and dealing with falls, but I felt like they were looking for first responders, life guards, RNs, and CNAs--not social workers.

I can reapply for AA in two weeks, but I don't know. I hated their interview format. I hated that they expected me to hand in my phone and I hated that they made you walk from the back of the room to the front to evaluate your gait. Are we responsible for passengers' safety on a jet or strutting on a runway in Paris? I like they have a flight attendant base in PHL (I live 25 minutes away.) and their reserve system. My husband suggested I apply and see what happens. I can always rescind my application if I feel like it. :)

HouCuseChickie

I hope you haven't had to build an ark. :oops:

Me too! We are getting POUNDED this morning. Trying not to freak out, but it's really ugly out there. School was canceled, but my husband insisted on going to work. He got there safely, so that's good. Our street is under water and the water levels are rising as the rain isn't letting up. I saw a car get to about 3 houses down from us and they put it in reverse because it's just too deep. Although, I just recorded another vehicle (a little bit bigger, but not a truck) driving through. Gotta love it when your front yard becomes a no-wake zone.

StarWarsGirl

Good morning--

I did a 56 minute workout this AM. It was very sweaty and I am liking the change from yoga for the time being. I wish I could bring these on the cruise, but they are on my laptop. I don't like traveling with my laptop unless I am going somewhere like my mom's house, my mil's house or a rental. I am going to be doing a lot of transferring and it's one more item to worry about. I have some audio yoga practices on my phone, so I do those on my balcony and it's bliss 🥰

It has been about a month since I applied to Delta. I had a look at a FA job board a few weeks ago and others who applied the same time I did were already getting video interviews with current FAs. Others were getting "keep warm" emails. But they never asked for my CV. They only had a basic questionnaire. The only question I could not answer affirmatively was about being responsible for the safety of others, so I guess that knocked me out of contention. My husband said I should have said yes, since I worked in Hospice. Part of my training was learning CPR and dealing with falls, but I felt like they were looking for first responders, life guards, RNs, and CNAs--not social workers.

I can reapply for AA in two weeks, but I don't know. I hated their interview format. I hated that they expected me to hand in my phone and I hated that they made you walk from the back of the room to the front to evaluate your gait. Are we responsible for passengers' safety on a jet or strutting on a runway in Paris? I like they have a flight attendant base in PHL (I live 25 minutes away.) and their reserve system. My husband suggested I apply and see what happens. I can always rescind my application if I feel like it. :)
Personally, I think you're better off not working for American. They make so many stupid decisions. I refuse to fly with them as a result. I think basically any other airline would be better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom