What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I CAN RUN AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been cleared to run/walk :30/:45 intervals as tolerated. going to throw some elliptical/bike/arc trainer in too for variety. We're in a heat warning so these will be treadmill miles but heck - I can run!!

So W&D is back on?

Texas84

4 miles this morning. Still humid but big storms yesterday cooled it down into the 70s and it was only 71 this morning. Ended up about 2 minutes faster than usual. Going to dip into the high 60s this week for morning runs. Nice!

JillC LI

Hi y'all! Sorry I've been out of sight for the past almost-month, but life has been crazy with our move from NY to TX. But I'm finally settling in and have at least a few spare minutes to play around on the computer. We're very happy here but it's definitely a big change. Since this is the running board, I'll give you my running update. Our new neighborhood has a ridiculous amount of hills and I have been working very hard to find a route about 3.5 miles that I can do without huffing and puffing and being miserable the whole time. I've pretty much found one but it's still much harder to run here than it was in my neighborhood on Long Island. And if I want to go further than 4 miles then I really have to drive about 20 minutes away to a beautiful trail around Lady Bird Lake. And I have to do it EARLY or I will die of the heat. High 90s every day. I did get a new treadmill and DH is going to install a TV in front of it in the next day or two so that will give me a little more flexibility to run at other hours of the day. Other than a possibly broken blue-colored pinky toe (from walking into one of the hundreds of boxes I have yet to unpack) and a bad bruise on the top of my foot (where I dropped a plate on it that I was unpacking), I am injury free at the moment so that's good. Sorry for the long update. Hope to be more active here again shortly.

Texas84

Hi y'all! Sorry I've been out of sight for the past almost-month, but life has been crazy with our move from NY to TX. But I'm finally settling in and have at least a few spare minutes to play around on the computer. We're very happy here but it's definitely a big change. Since this is the running board, I'll give you my running update. Our new neighborhood has a ridiculous amount of hills and I have been working very hard to find a route about 3.5 miles that I can do without huffing and puffing and being miserable the whole time. I've pretty much found one but it's still much harder to run here than it was in my neighborhood on Long Island. And if I want to go further than 4 miles then I really have to drive about 20 minutes away to a beautiful trail around Lady Bird Lake. And I have to do it EARLY or I will die of the heat. High 90s every day. I did get a new treadmill and DH is going to install a TV in front of it in the next day or two so that will give me a little more flexibility to run at other hours of the day. Other than a possibly broken blue-colored pinky toe (from walking into one of the hundreds of boxes I have yet to unpack) and a bad bruise on the top of my foot (where I dropped a plate on it that I was unpacking), I am injury free at the moment so that's good. Sorry for the long update. Hope to be more active here again shortly.
Jealous. I miss Town Lake (old name).

Be careful with the hills. I moved from a flat neighborhood to a hilly one and messed up my right foot. Doc said it was the steep downhills that got me. I'm OK now after treatment but I have a bit of numbness. Doc said it's not going to hurt me long term.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom