Rumor Brazil (and maybe others) Pavilion Coming to Epcot [not about Brazilian people nor a country wish list]

solidyne

.......it is a Brazil pavilion topic.why talk about coco here if it is not relevant? Also..... Coco....isn't a Brazilian IP....it's Mexican. Dia de los muertos is a Mexican holiday...mexico and Brazil are not the same culturally.... Just because we are part of Latin america doesn't mean the cultures are interchangeable.
So why add a Mexican IP to a Brazilian pavilion? They are very different.

You probably meant it as a joke but...I do not understand.

Eu não entendi. realmente?
That's OK! It was totally a joke, mostly on the fact that Coco pops up here more than in its dedicated thread.

Also, as a fan of Choro, Samba, Bossa, MPB, etc., I am reeeeaalllly pulling for a cool Brazilian pavilion....

...and for Coco!

Pinkpearl

That's OK! It was totally a joke, mostly on the fact that Coco pops up here more than in its dedicated thread.

Also, as a fan of Choro, Samba, Bossa, MPB, etc., I am reeeeaalllly pulling for a cool Brazilian pavilion....

...and for Coco!
Ohhh OK! Cool! Joke is fine. Wasn't sure at first.

I have run across people ,literally, making fun of us Brazilians over the tour groups and are in arms because of the pavilion......YouTube comments are not good place.

And I love samba and Brazilian funk music. As well as ANY song you'll find in the LAPA district in Rio. Very good nightlife and clubs there.

HoraceHorizons

After Brazil was canceled from the last D23 I’m not hedging my bets.

Is it just me or does Disney have a problem creatively with Epcot? I follow a lot of these developments and they seem awfully unable to get a lock on a vision for it. Everytime they have obviously have a good idea (COCO) something falls through and it seems they just end up greenlighting a bunch of things and seemingly throw them together. FW East now has GoTG, a Play Pavillion (which just seems like over-glorified lighting design in a new Innoventions, with added meet and greets), Mission Space 1 and Mission Space Light(er), a space-restaurant and then Tron-knock off "test track"... After all that fuss, they are building a Tron ride anyway!

I'm legitimately curious as to what is causing the development-hell at this park? Is it really just working out that way? Any insight?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is it just me or does Disney have a problem creatively with Epcot? I follow a lot of these developments and they seem awfully unable to get a lock on a vision for it. Everytime they have obviously have a good idea (COCO) something falls through and it seems they just end up greenlighting a bunch of things and seemingly throw them together. FW East now has GoTG, a Play Pavillion (which just seems like over-glorified lighting design in a new Innoventions, with added meet and greets), Mission Space 1 and Mission Space Light(er), a space-restaurant and then Tron-knock off "test track"... After all that fuss, they are building a Tron ride anyway!

I'm legitimately curious as to what is causing the development-hell at this park? Is it really just working out that way? Any insight?

This thread is about the Brazil pavilion. Not Epcot in general. All the other threads are about Epcot in general.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So, when were they planning on breaking ground for this? Are they still moving forward with it?
According to Sources: Don't know; yes.
Ok folks, #flipflopday reminded me of one of our alleged sponsors 😉
Any new rumors about who's paying the bill?
Before winter.
Our Winter or Brazil's?
Are you expecting this and the UK project to be announced at D23?

They’re building this stuff in “May”
After Brazil was cancelled from the last D23 I’m not hedging my bets.
...i
.......see
................what
..........................you
.................................did
.......................................there
🤔

RSoxNo1

The problem is that Epcot as a concept doesn't lend itself to the current Disney management way of thinking. This happens any time you try to add to an existing area, you run the risk of diluting the original area. Under Iger, Disney has excelled at art design in purpose built areas, but adding or replacing in existing areas has been exceptionally weak.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom