Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

WDWTank

There are acclaimed music biopics grossing a lot of money. Keep Rock’n’Roller Coaster. No logical and monetary reason to get rid of it. Maybe change the band once in a while. Have Fox work on some music biopics then add the featured band to Rock’n’Roller Coaster.

SteamboatJoe

Marvel, despite its significant East Coast limitations, seems like the obvious choice for any significant expansion plot or re-theme given current trends. DHS now contains attractions or full lands dedicated to the bell cow IP of each of the company's major studios: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Walt Disney Animation), Toy Story Land (Pixar), and Star Wars (LucasFilms).

Aside from the recently acquired Fox catalogue, Marvel Studios is the only studio not represented at Hollywood Studios. Fox was not acquired to bolster the parks IP selection; there was plenty of IP to choose from already. It was acquired for its existing media catalogue and the outstanding Marvel properties Disney didn't own or have rights to utilize (as well as addressing technicalties pertaining to Star Wars and Avatar). Plus, none of the IPs brought over from Fox really match Marvel in terms of possibilities and popularity.

Getting Marvel in somehow would be a difficult task under the current arrangement, but not impossible. And there is always the remote possibility of said arrangement changing in the future.

Last edited:

truecoat

Marvel, despite its significant East Coast limitations, seems like the obvious choice for any significant expansion plot or re-theme given current trends. DHS now contains attractions or full lands dedicated to the bell cow IP of each of the company's major studios: Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway (Walt Disney Animation), Toy Story Land (Pixar), and Star Wars (LucasFilms).

Aside from the recently acquired Fox catalogue, Marvel Studios is the only studio not represented at Hollywood Studios. Fox was not acquired to bolster the parks IP selection; there was plenty of IP to choose from already. It was acquired for its existing media catalogue and the outstanding Marvel properties Disney didn't own or have rights to utilize (as well as addressing technicalties pertaining to Star Wars and Avatar). Plus, none of the IPs brought over from Fox really match Marvel in terms of possibilities and popularity.

Getting Marvel in somehow would be a difficult task under the current arrangement, but not impossible. And there is always the remote possibility of said arrangement changing in the future.

I assumed Fox was acquired first and foremost to bolster Disney+ offerings and the rest was gravy.

rle4lunch

You guys know they're going to end up going with the lowest hanging fruit option... Cars....

That said, a retheme of cardboard and blacklight paint could be done overnight... In regards to capacity, this ride has the worst lines for a coaster I've ever seen. Average 45 min wait for single rider as well.. WTH is that about?

I'm guessing this will shut down when MMRR comes online and can start people eating again.

Side note, any ideas how long ToT is going to take to complete the elevator fixes?

My best guess is it will be rethemed when they are able to move launch bay out and Galaxy Edge has a year or two under its belt. I bet they use most if not all of this land to retheme it and connect Toy Story to the end of Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. The design of Hollywood studios is aweful and I am positive they want to fix that.

I hope they retheme RnR to Monsters Inc Door Coaster.

Attachments

• mapimage (1).jpg
    mapimage (1).jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 207

mccgavin

While it would be nice for them to keep the music theme in some way, I don't see that being a realistic expectation. Electric Mayhem or some current band will be ignored and they'll go with a "hip Disney IP". I'm going to place my bets on Incredicoaster.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
My best guess is it will be rethemed when they are able to move launch bay out and Galaxy Edge has a year or two under its belt. I bet they use most if not all of this land to retheme it and connect Toy Story to the end of Rockin Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror. The design of Hollywood studios is aweful and I am positive they want to fix that.

I hope they retheme RnR to Monsters Inc Door Coaster.

Door Coaster is a hanging coaster because the doors in Monsters Inc hung from a conveyor track.. Current RnRC is a car-on-tracks coaster. So, they're incompatible. RnRC would have to be ripped out, which is unlikely to happen.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
While it would be nice for them to keep the music theme in some way, I don't see that being a realistic expectation. Electric Mayhem or some current band will be ignored and they'll go with a "hip Disney IP". I'm going to place my bets on Incredicoaster.

Incredicoaster. Dr. Strange layover of ToT. Theater changed to Awesome Mix Tape. Add a Big Hero Six version of FoP. Keep the California/LA facades. West Coast Super Hero Blvd.

Door Coaster is a hanging coaster because the doors in Monsters Inc hung from a conveyor track.. Current RnRC is a car-on-tracks coaster. So, they're incompatible. RnRC would have to be ripped out, which is unlikely to happen.
Unlikely or not its what I wish they would do.

Lets all be honest we all know disney would rather develop sunset and the area behind there into Marvel themed areas but they cant.

erasure fan1

Lets all be honest we all know disney would rather develop sunset and the area behind there into Marvel themed areas but they cant.
I don't know about that. I feel like Disney is perfectly content with the way it is right now. If they really wanted the Marvel theme park rights, they have the money and the ability to do so. And I think they would have gone after it years ago if they really wanted it.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom