Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
Why would a re-theme of RnRC be anywhere on the priority list right now? Plenty of people want to ride it and with SWGE, that will be the main draw for the park for years. Changing the theme of RnRC won't bring 15 extra people into the park per year since they can't theme it to avengers.

This is not an attendance decision (though selling a "new" Incredibles roller coaster probably helps more than you give credit). This would be about Disney IP, increasing gift shop revenue, and selling millions of dollars in cookie num-nums.

Also, the attraction is only going to become more dated as Aerosmith fall further into the realm of irrelevancy. DHS lacks any nostalgia. Thus, keeping things fresh is essential.

DCLcruiser

Just update the intro video so it rotates between different artists currently under Disney's record label. Then the music during the ride can rotate as well, or let us pick a song (like on Uni Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit).

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
This is not an attendance decision (though selling a "new" Incredibles roller coaster probably helps more than you give credit). This would be about Disney IP, increasing gift shop revenue, and selling millions of dollars in cookie num-nums.

Also, the attraction is only going to become more dated as Aerosmith fall further into the realm of irrelevancy. DHS lacks any nostalgia. Thus, keeping things fresh is essential.

Well said Mr. Iger.

Marc Davis Fan

Are there any bands that Disney benefits from promoting? Anyone significant on their record label, or in contract with them?

That would allow them to make a relatively easy switch to the (IMO vastly superior) “light show” version from Paris.

SteamboatJoe

I'd prefer something original, but an indoor Incredicoaster through Municiberg would be neat and a much better thematic fit (as part of a new land); especially compared to the version in DCA.

KBLovedDisney

I just had a thought (and sorry if this one has already been mentioned), but what if they re-themed it to Tarzan? The Disney animated one? You get to glide/branch-skate with Tarzan in the Jungle while Phil Collins "Son of Man" is blaring on the speakers....that could be fun.

The Pho

I just had a thought (and sorry if this one has already been mentioned), but what if they re-themed it to Tarzan? The Disney animated one? You get to glide/branch-skate with Tarzan in the Jungle while Phil Collins "Son of Man" is blaring on the speakers....that could be fun.
That would be disappointing since they have such a better concept for a Tarzan coaster already.

ToTBellHop

While this project is not really NEEDED, Chapek would view it as low-hanging fruit—an easy place to add any IP he sees as a fit. He just probably isn’t aware that it’s in the park. You have to go all the way down Sunset AND turn left to find it. If they ever invite him to see the Lightning McQueen show he asked for, we are in trouble.

Bender123

I think its safe to say Aerosmith has gone beyond being dated and is on the list of "All Time Great/Timeless" rock groups...

The problem with any Disney musician is that they have a very short shelf life...Honestly, how many are relevant for music reasons after five years? They all either end up as one hit wonders or drug fueled train wrecks. Imagine if they had a Hanna Montana coaster...yeesh...

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
I think its safe to say Aerosmith has gone beyond being dated and is on the list of "All Time Great/Timeless" rock groups...

The problem with any Disney musician is that they have a very short shelf life...Honestly, how many are relevant for music reasons after five years? They all either end up as one hit wonders or drug fueled train wrecks. Imagine if they had a Hanna Montana coaster...yeesh...

You know what doesn't become a drug fueled train wreck? Mr Incredible... Sully... Lightning McQueen

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wait a tic, you just said "layover" and "ToT" in the same sentence. Where are the torches and pitchforks?

If an IP layover absolutely had to happen by mandate of Chapek/Iger... IMO, Doctor Strange would be the least intrusive allowing almost everything to remain the same except that "lightning ghosts" become "people trapped in the astral plane."

Or would you prefer it to be decorated like Mission Breakout?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why would a re-theme of RnRC be anywhere on the priority list right now? Plenty of people want to ride it and with SWGE, that will be the main draw for the park for years. Changing the theme of RnRC won't bring 15 extra people into the park per year since they can't theme it to avengers.
Because it could be a cheap fix as part of a wider project (much like turning around TSMM was)?

RobbinsDad

If an IP layover absolutely had to happen by mandate of Chapek/Iger... IMO, Doctor Strange would be the least intrusive allowing almost everything to remain the same except that "lightning ghosts" become "people trapped in the astral plane."

Or would you prefer it to be decorated like Mission Breakout?
No, that's hideous. I'm just surprised no one has come in here all "don't touch my TOT!" since this post.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Oh no... I hope Sunset Boulevard isn’t at thematic/aesthetic risk again. It’s some of the most perfect and beautiful placemaking anywhere at Disney.

The hints have been that Sunset retains its theme as RnRC is cut off thematically from it to become part of a new land taking over back lot between it and TSL.

Maybe.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom