Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster to be Re-Themed?

PizzaPlanet

Because it could be a cheap fix as part of a wider project (much like turning around TSMM was)?
The hints have been that Sunset retains its theme as RnRC is cut off thematically from it to become part of a new land taking over back lot between it and TSL.

Maybe.
While I love RnRC how it is, it seems very unlikely that it will stay that way for much longer. But I could accept a retheme it if that's what it takes to finally redevelop the animation courtyard area.

Honestly I'd be surprised if they don't go with Incredibles.

Stripes

Because it could be a cheap fix as part of a wider project (much like turning around TSMM was)?
In other words?

(Blue is an area I hope will go but I doubt will, even if this project is green lit. Red I expect would go with green being maybe.)

Last edited:
In other words?
View attachment 382734

(Blue is an area I hope will go but I doubt will, even if this project is green lit. Red I expect would go with green being maybe.)

Yeah I am not sure how much backstage offices they really need in that area. With it moving away from the movie making buisness there is just so much room and buildings that were once used for that purpose that need to go. I do not like the big square "Movie Studio" buildings look and I hope they bulldoze the whole area to start new. There is just so much room to work with.

SteamboatJoe

Yep. They could brag about having a "brand new" thrill attraction without having to spend significant capital. We, here, know that is not entirely accurate but it's true enough and the general consumer doesn't know the difference (or doesn't care). Executives and shareholders will only care about getting a high return on a relatively low-cost investment.

SteamboatJoe

Yeah I am not sure how much backstage offices they really need in that area. With it moving away from the movie making buisness there is just so much room and buildings that were once used for that purpose that need to go. I do not like the big square "Movie Studio" buildings look and I hope they bulldoze the whole area to start new. There is just so much room to work with.
The blessing of size!

SteamboatJoe

In other words?
View attachment 382734

So we've got Hollywood, Sunset, and Grand. Highland, Gower, and Echo are also utilized. So which street is next?

Santa Monica has a lot of cache and is home to the current FOX complex.

Wilshire isn't in Hollywood but it's well known. Grand isn't in Hollywood either.

Buena Vista is the site of TWDC and has been used in other parks. Not Hollywood but close enough.

PJBuckeye

In the Parks
Yes
So we've got Hollywood, Sunset, and Grand. Highland, Gower, and Echo are also utilized. So which street is next?

Wilshire isn't in Hollywood but it's well known. Grand isn't in Hollywood either.

Buena Vista is the site of TWDC and has been used in other parks. Not Hollywood but close enough.
Route 66

TJJohn12

My money - if there’s someone at WDI with enough foresight - is that it’ll be Highland. Currently Highland dead-ends into the backstage gate at the Sunset Market (where it becomes Showbiz backstage). I’d love to see it continued up into that courtyard and have the name preserved for continuity.

mikejs78

Premium Member

That assumes that this new area becomes a street. The areas of DHS seem to be alternating between LA/Hollywood areas (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Grand, etc.) and thematic lands (TSL, SWGE). We're assuming here it will be another street-based area. It could be a thematic land (mini-Cars land, etc).

TJJohn12

That assumes that this new area becomes a street. The areas of DHS seem to be alternating between LA/Hollywood areas (Hollywood Blvd, Sunset, Grand, etc.) and thematic lands (TSL, SWGE). We're assuming here it will be another street-based area. It could be a thematic land (mini-Cars land, etc).

I think the deciding factor would be if WDI considers this plot thematically part of the front or back half of the park. The front half still has the through lines of “the Hollywood that never was and always will be,” while the back half has the newer bend on the old backlot tour theme - “experience an adventure in the worlds of the movies.”

So on which side of that divider is the former feature animation building plot?

From Animation Courtyard - if the old backlot tour depot/launch bay building stays - it looks like the back half. But from Sunset it looks more like the front half of the park, with no deep dividing line (buildings) between the two.

SteamboatJoe

I'm not sure if I am a huge fan of Cars Land here, especially if it is a watered down version. I understand why people want it but I sort of like that it is a CA exclusive. It fits perfectly out there. Plus, it'd be nice for WDW to have more exclusive things.

Cars Land would require demolition of RnRC. The hints dropped here indicate RnRC might get a re-theme, but not removed or replaced. That said, a complete replication of Cars Land would undoubtedly be successful.

Last edited:

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
So I was watching Captain Marvel the other night and since then I've been thinking how RnRC would make for a great Carol Danvers flight coaster... Change the coaster theme of a limo to a fighter jet which glows like Captain Marvel does in the movie, as it flies along on the track it will go through time, back to the 90's... all while playing 90's themed music.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I was watching Captain Marvel the other night and since then I've been thinking how RnRC would make for a great Carol Danvers flight coaster... Change the coaster theme of a limo to a fighter jet which glows like Captain Marvel does in the movie, as it flies along on the track it will go through time, back to the 90's... all while playing 90's themed music.

She's an Avenger, so, a no-go for Orlando.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
They should have just released a movie years ago breaking up the avengers completely. That way they could use all these characters in WDW. That is a legitimate loophole, right? ;)

That should have been the post-credit scene for Endgame: every Avenger saying, "Well, this is it. We've done it. We don't need the Avengers any more. So, I hereby quite the Avengers, I'm no longer an Avenger, don't call me an Avenger, and this statement is a legally binding statement for all contracts existing and to come."

That would've done it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom