The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

T his his first home run today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guess his fancy new bat was worth it. 😂 First time at the plate with new bat on Wednesday- hits a double. Then another double, then an RBI with a single.
Today he hit a fly that was caught-out, a double, then a HOMERUN!!!!! He hit the ball so far it was impossible for the outfield to get it.

Milestone moment. ❤ I need to put this in the journal.
Congratulations to him!! Is he starting to have a preference of what sport he likes playing, or does he still like them all?

StarWarsGirl

I thought the moments were sad. And when I heard people crying, I wanted to laugh. I know I'm terrible. I don't blame you though, I have cried at plenty of other movies.
I guess with me it was that I did not see it coming. I was expecting Cap to die, not Tony. Like, when Han Solo died I expected it, so I was mad, but not surprised. Luke I was expecting but wasn't particuarly sad or mad. But between not expecting it, him having a four year old, and Pepper telling him they'd be fine, I was no more good.

Rista1313

The white carp is now sticking to the roads, coming down hard all day. I think I need to close the blinds and just look at pics and videos of blue skies and palm trees. Absolutely ridiculous.

And, thank you all for letting me vent. Otherwise, I think I would have lost my mind by now.

I told you not to send this carp over here. When we got out of the comedy show it was raining/sleeting.... by the time we took the long walk to our car it was snowing.... I am like you.... losing my mind... Where the bleep is spring!?

mmnw

I told you not to send this carp over here. When we got out of the comedy show it was raining/sleeting.... by the time we took the long walk to our car it was snowing.... I am like you.... losing my mind... Where the bleep is spring!?
The snow is heavy and wet here. As a result, lost our power. Happens a lot. I try to charge my phone whenever possible. Keep it charged. Tonight I wasn’t able to and well...

wdwfan4ver

The snow is heavy and wet here. As a result, lost our power. Happens a lot. I try to charge my phone whenever possible. Keep it charged. Tonight I wasn’t able to and well...
The snow was nowhere as bad the forecasters claim where I live. There was snow, but a lower amount with only snow on cars, grass, but not on sidewalks at all. The snow also started later than expected. What happened was I live closer to the lake and the lake affect prevented snow from getting here at the time originally planned. The snow affected more those who live less closer to the lake in the part of Wisconsin I live in.

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Recently, I saw the DVD of Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt). So this remake was pleasant, but I honestly thought it lacked the heart and soul of the original.

I think Julie Andrews just had this innate "sparkle" that shone through, even when she'd state the rules to the children to be obedient. She was effective in getting her point across, but always in a quite charming way (both to children and adults).

Emily Blunt played the role a bit less warmly. (This may have been what the director wanted, to give the remake a slightly different spin, and not a carbon copy of the original.) Loved the costume design.

Overall: Mary Poppins (original) - 100%
Remake of Mary Poppins - 75%

FutureCEO

I thought the moments were sad. And when I heard people crying, I wanted to laugh. I know I'm terrible. I don't blame you though, I have cried at plenty of other movies.

I haven't seen the movie yet but....seriously crying over a comic book movie. For the record I cried during Broadchurch (Brit TV series) so I'm not black hearted.

You knew some people were going to die....last movie in the contracts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom