The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

wdwfan4ver

Yesterday I squeezed in a 20 minute weight session, ate dinner, crawled in bed at 8:30 with an episode of Gilmore Girls, and turned the light out at 9:30. I'm much more rested today and was up before my alarm.

In other news, I am suddenly getting old.
At least you are not being called grandma;).

I am bringing this up because I've been called grandpa in the past despite me being too young for being a grandfather. I've been called grandpa because of when I get up from setting, my knees makes cracking sounds. My knees have been making cracking sounds for years.

StarWarsGirl

At least you are not being called grandma;).

I am bringing this up because I've been called grandpa in the past despite me being too young for being a grandfather. I've been called grandpa because of when I get up from setting, my knees makes cracking sounds. My knees have been making cracking sounds for years.
My mom got a call not too long ago that was one of those spam calls where the person said, "Grandma?" And she said, "Who is this?" And the person said, "This is your grandson!" "I am too young to have a grandson, thank you!" 😂

Really, she's not too young, it's just that her older child (moi) doesn't have children and doesn't particularly want them. But too young to have a grandson with a deep voice, yes.

Cesar R M

My mom got a call not too long ago that was one of those spam calls where the person said, "Grandma?" And she said, "Who is this?" And the person said, "This is your grandson!" "I am too young to have a grandson, thank you!" 😂

Really, she's not too young, it's just that her older child (moi) doesn't have children and doesn't particularly want them. But too young to have a grandson with a deep voice, yes.
spam calls? arent these actually SCAM calls mostly originated from Jamaica to try to dupe elderly people with fake claims like "grandmah, its me.. from XXX place.. I'm stuck in XXX and need XXX money"?

StarWarsGirl

I have been getting calls from Azerbaijan on my cell phone. I ignore them of course. Very annoying.
We kept getting calls from "Windows technical department" from guys who said their names were Dave but sounded more like Sanjay. Anyway, one time I felt like messing with them. I had some time on my hands and felt like since they kept wasting my time, I should waste theirs. I asked them what version of Windows I had. They told me XP. Nope. Then they guessed Vista. Still nope. Then, rather than getting the idea that I knew exactly what they were doing, they continued on. They had me bring up a screen that basically listed running programs in the background and told me those were viruses. Then they wanted me to use IE (I promptly opened Chrome since I knew it would block anything malicious) and sent me to a website for software that looked legit, but would have allowed someone to remotely control my computer. I yelled at them, told them exactly what they were doing, and told them not to call back again. Guess who never called back again.

wdwfan4ver

spam calls? arent these actually SCAM calls mostly originated from Jamaica to try to dupe elderly people with fake claims like "grandmah, its me.. from XXX place.. I'm stuck in XXX and need XXX money"?
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any "IRS Calls" this year so far.

At this time in past years, there had been scams of people pretending to be the IRS.

93boomer

Premium Member

Both of our parents have had this spam call too.

Cesar R M

Spam...scam...my caller ID AP calls all of them spam. And I'm too tired to pull out a dictionary.
I'm starting to get a similar issue, but work wise.. random companies contacting me to "go to canada and sell their chinese counterfeit product and earn up more than a million if you work hard" lol

or the classic bait and switch.
Aka find me on a legitimate website, make like they are interesting, then do the switcheroo by asking to get paid or contacted from outside (where no protections will be applied to me).

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I'm surprised that there hasn't been any "IRS Calls" this year so far.

At this time in past years, there had been scams of people pretending to be the IRS.

Oh yes there are, and they happen more often a day or two after tax day, so they can try to scare someone that they needed to pay up on their taxes, which were overdue. (Just heard that on the news tonight.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom