The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I was wondering about that, too....they keep saying fall for the gondolas, but if they are going to open up even PART of SW:GE, they need better transportation! So I'm wondering if they will push it up a few weeks. It would be nice if those were open while we're there. We're at CBR, so the gondolas might be great for us.

Iger had said prior to SW so fingers crossed. My son laughs at me. I’m looking forward to riding the Gondolas but not StarWars lol.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It is raining it is windy and chilly but at least not freezing or snow. Needed to be outside so we drove to the outside outlet mall hoping to beat the rain which happened...until we walked up to the stores. Monsoon.

UMBRELLAs UP ☂

So Disney Shopping it was

A new Disney Backpack from TDS

View attachment 355663

A really soft new hat

View attachment 355664

A new reversible belt from Bass

View attachment 355665
A new Vera Bradley airplane pillow that will slip over the handle of my carry on suitcase

View attachment 355666
View attachment 355668
And new Disney warm weather Under
Armour shoes vs ASICS for colder Disney months.

View attachment 355669
And a new mini wallet with lots of slots from Fossil. It will fit in my shorts pocket which are smaller than jeans. Thinking I might need not to carry a bag into the Studios
For the September trip. Dang StarWars.
View attachment 355667

View attachment 355670

Came back a tiny bit wet. DD soaked, peeling layers off in the car on the pilgrimage home.

I felt better with some albeit wet fresh air.

And I followed @figmentfan423 golden Rule to NEVER PAY RACK Rates

$128 Total. My shoes alone would have cost more rack rate. Simon Outlet Malls are awesome during seasonal clearances. They have quality stores and 70% off many items with an additional 30% off the markdown price. So much cheaper than normal department or box store sales.

Love the shoes and the airplane pillow. I might have to look into a pillow like that.

wdwfan4ver

We aleways giggle a little when we see people in California or Florida all bundled up in parkas when it is in the 50’s and 60’s. I guess it is all in what you are used to. We live in Wisconsin so we are used to cold, although our summers can get hot.
Same here about the giggling about people in California or Florida being all bundled up in parkas when its in the 50s and 60s. For me, 50s is fall jacket rather meaning a very light jacket. If its under 40 I wear a jacket more heavier than the fall Jacket, but its not a parka. What I wear in the 40s to 30s is a I bring out the Parka when its in the 20s or less.

That is the only thing with the giggling. I remembered my parents being at WDW in Early December of 2010 when WDW was having record lows for temperatures. WDW at the time had a streak of night temps as low as the low 30s at night and being maybe in the high 60s if lucky.

I rememberer that a guest at WDW at that asked what is wrong with us for eating a mickey mouse ice bar when its in the 30s. The reply was we are from Wisconsin. That guest than answered that explains a lot:hilarious:.

The truth is when a guests asks in Florida about cold treats in the 30s, it shows the difference between Florida and Wisconsin culture.

Last edited:

Rista1313

My DD:

I hate Daylight Savings Time.

Me:

How come?

(We like it cause we can go walking after dinner)

DD:

Cause I’ll never remember what time it is in Arizona. :oops:

(Life through the eyes of a woman that works for a University in College Admissions)

THat's funny... I just said to my friend in AZ yesterday.... As of Sunday, we will be 3 hours difference again!

Rista1313

Same here about the giggling about people in California or Florida being all bundled up in parkas when its in the 50s and 60s. For me, 50s is fall jacket rather meaning a very light jacket. If its under 40 I wear a jacket more heavier than the fall Jacket, but its not a parka. I bring out the Parka when its in the 20s or less.

That is the only thing with the giggling. I remembered my parents being at WDW in Early December of 2010 when WDW was having record lows for temperatures. WDW at the time had a streak of night temps as low as the low 30s at night and being maybe in the high 60s if lucky.

I rememberer that a guest at WDW at that asked what is wrong with us for eating a mickey mouse when its in the 30s. The reply was we are from Wisconsin. That guest than answered that explains a lot:hilarious:.

The truth is when a guests asks in Florida about cold treats in the 30s, it shows the difference between Florida and Wisconsin culture.

I was wearing a sweatshirt zip hoodie today because it was 39 today... LOL

Gabe1

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too....they keep saying fall for the gondolas, but if they are going to open up even PART of SW:GE, they need better transportation! So I'm wondering if they will push it up a few weeks. It would be nice if those were open while we're there. We're at CBR, so the gondolas might be great for us.

From the photos I am seeing the gondolas at first blush seem to be further ahead of their target schedule that SW is, I'm believing the Gondolas need to be fully completed vs piece meal but I could be incorrect.

There seems to be some good speculation and some awful so it is hard to wrap your brain around it. From the photos I've seen some of the stations have their sidewalks down, theme painted and able to launch the gondolas. When I looked at the photos of SW I could not believe that the land could possibly be opened by the end of August. Didn't entertain the idea of only open a segment of SW but it looks like they have a long way to go to launch a partial land. But they do have 5 months. Disney must be pretty confident since they gave a specific opening date for some of SW.

Gabe1

I was looking to book the week before Labor Day but leaving before the 29th and maybe head to Uni the last few days of August. We also are not fans of SWL. Maybe when it fully opens we will be interested. Loved the original films from the 70's and 80's. No love for the newer ones, except for Solo. Actually liked that one.

I will see SW land someday. I need a frame of reference to know what is out there. Nothing against the new land, the more the merrier. I just have never liked Star Wars so my excitement level has been meh on the excitement meter. I'm just in the Noooooo! mode for opening half early given the projected crowds. I looked at the crowd calendar for that week and the Studios went from being the best park to attend crowd wise to Fire Engine Red stay away warnings.

Gabe1

Gray can be nice on a sofa or bed linen but not the sky.

My son has a dark gray sofa/love seat. More than enough gray. His rugs and walls and art work bring in a happy pallet to the gray. I'll take a bright blue day over a gray day anytime. Likely why I dislike gray as an overall pallet. Now for a sofa it is a good pick over white. Gray would be sensible for a piece of furniture. Light colors could look bluck pretty quickly if used a lot. I really liked how AK buildings were originally painted vs the plain nondescript way they are painted now. Just personal taste. I admire when rooms are artful and creative.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom