News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

DanielBB8

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?
Did people extol Future World’s theme of technology innovation? They do ask for another theme as if this time it will make a difference and all the new stuff will somehow fit together. I noticed that nothing fits together originally. Future World is as much about the natural world as the technological world and the metaphysical world. What Vision? Mostly a mess.

jt04

Yep. What other Marvel characters do you think can go into Epcot, or any WDW theme park, for that matter? Just remember to exclude the Avengers, almost anyone with ties to the Avengers, Spider-Man, the X-Men, FF... Take your time, we'll wait.

Iger has emphasized in the past that there are literally thousands of charaters. More importantly, it would be naive to think Marvel won't be developing entirely new content. Pixar and WDAS are always doing this. Why would Marvel be any different?

Star Wars and Potter and Narnia didn't exist before they were created.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Iger has emphasized in the past that there are literally thousands of charaters. More importantly, it would be naive to think Marvel won't be developing entirely new content. Pixar and WDAS are always doing this. Why would Marvel be any different?

Just look at all those Marvel meet and greets they have in WDW! Why, there's... umm... uhh...

Point
^
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
You

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Then we have to accept that Future World will be a themeless catchall of the latest IP. Not the Disney I know.

I'm wondering if the purists believe they can wait out Iger and return Future World to its origins. Dodge the Marvel bullet so to speak.

I doubt it.
There will be no more Marvel in Epcot.

Disney owned or otherwise.

Again.

(Not my opinion)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Did people extol Future World’s theme of technology innovation? They do ask for another theme as if this time it will make a difference and all the new stuff will somehow fit together. I noticed that nothing fits together originally. Future World is as much about the natural world as the technological world and the metaphysical world. What Vision? Mostly a mess.

Epcot is inspired by Walt Disney's creative vision. Here, human achievements are celebrated through imagination, wonders of enterprise and concepts of a future that promises new and exciting benefits for all.

May EPCOT Center entertain, inform and inspire and, above all, may it instill a new sense of belief and pride in man's ability to shape a world that offers hope to people everywhere.

Not that "technology innovation" wasn't implicitly a part of that, but EPCOT Center's theme was mostly an inspirational one.

FigmentJedi

Yes there are thousands of Marvel characters. And over 90% of them are tied to the X-Men and Avengers. Plus most new Marvel characters are legacy characters.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Then we have to accept that Future World will be a themeless catchall of the latest IP. Not the Disney I know.

I'm wondering if the purists believe they can wait out Iger and return Future World to its origins. Dodge the Marvel bullet so to speak.

I doubt it.

I may not want to accept it, but I acknowledge that today's Disney is no longer opposed to randomly throwing around the latest IP. The Disney you know is long gone.

DanielBB8

Not that "technology innovation" wasn't implicitly a part of that, but EPCOT Center's theme was mostly an inspirational one.
Huh? Now you’re saying Technology Innovation was implicit. Someone else told me it was explicit and I didn’t get it. So now I still don’t get that it’s implicit and the actual explicit theme is Inspiration. We keep falling down into the trap of what’s Epcot’s actual theme. We don’t know and we shouldn’t care. Disney’s IP is pretty inspiring as long as they don’t get political.

erasure fan1

Yes there are thousands of Marvel characters. And over 90% of them are tied to the X-Men and Avengers. Plus most new Marvel characters are legacy characters.
And that other 10% would have zero chance of being used just because of obscurity alone. Disney forked over 70 billion or some crazy number for fox. If they really wanted marvel full guns in the parks they would just buy out Universals contract.

Disney Maddux

I just came up with an idea for the entrance to the area! Where the old arch for Wonders of Life was, put a new arch there that resembles the Oh My Disney arch above Cinderella Castle in RBTI!

seascape

And that other 10% would have zero chance of being used just because of obscurity alone. Disney forked over 70 billion or some crazy number for fox. If they really wanted marvel full guns in the parks they would just buy out Universals contract.
I do not see Disney buying out the contract with Universal unless something much bigger were involved. There are plenty of Marvel Characters WDW can use and in less than 10 years they will have 100% of the countries outside the US to have Marvel rides and attractions and be the only company that can advertise Marvel attractions. That is right Universal will not be able to use the Marvel name in any advertising outside the US. Therefore some day Universal will just give up their rights because they are not with the cost. Universal will eventually want to stop paying and giving Disney all the financial information from their US parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom