• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

News New Play Pavilion to replace Epcot's Wonders of Life

Zootopia Dude

Advertisement
Do we know when exactly in 2021? Around the same time as Guardians (which is more than likely spring)?
The Wonders of Life Fanbase account on Twitter just said that last they heard, Play is slated for a Mid-2020 opening. Any word on that @marni1971?

P_Radden

Premium Member
Mickey Views thinks the ceiling of the dome will be entirely projected now to make it feel like you're in the colorful and futuristic city, do we think this will happen?
Looking at the concept art it appears that lighting will be very much controlled, so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see something like that done.
I'm actually pretty excited about this project due to this aspect in particular.

As I've mentioned before, one of my favorite aspects of WDW is indoor areas themed to outdoor areas:

With a futuristic theme as seen in the concept art, this has the potential to be a really awesome and unique area to experience beyond the attractions and activities it will house.

jt04

"Hello in there, Cliff. Tell me... what color is the sky in your world?" - Dr. Frasier Crane
You do realize that GotG is Marvel content, correct?

In case you haven't heard or seen, it is being installed in the old Energy pavilion.

I doubt it is by accident.

mandstaft

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?

jt04

As far as I've read, I haven't seen one "EPCOT Center purist" post where they wish things wouldn't change. I have read posts that say they wish the Company had kept the original vision for the park and maintained and updated it with enhancements that are in keeping with the original theme and vision. That's the camp I'm in. Have I missed something?
It is the most fascinating aspect of this. I can't imagine what they were hearing in the rumor mill. And it isn't their acceptance that is compelling. It is the enthusiastic support.

That said, I think this is a great short term solution.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You do realize that GotG is Marvel content, correct?

In case you haven't heard or seen, it is being installed in the old Energy pavilion.

I doubt it is by accident.
No ride ends up where it is "by accident", but the choice to put it there doesn't necessarily mean that they plan to build a whole Marvel area around it. The Play pavilion doesn't look like something that is meant to be a temporary addition.

Top Bottom