News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Rodan75

I wouldn't read too much into anything beyond Spaceship Earth in this concept art, it's created with the intent of highlighting the entrance. Even if there were no changes coming to Innoventions, that whole area in the art would likely have been obfuscated by generic greenery like that to help draw your eye to the foreground.

Well...except that @marni1971 gave some classic passive hints that there was some news to be had in the visual behind SSE.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Have to love the Disney PR machine. Universal releses the potter coaster details and... BAM!

This is mostly all good IMO. It’s going to be interesting to see how they route guests through the maze of walls though. In particular, the big nights like Christmas week and July 4th come to mind. I know many compare to DCA in terms of what we’re in for but the description I heard was more comparable to the cattle Shute between Mako and Shamu stadium during the construction of Infinity Falls. Hopefully they are also planning on an alternative flood gate for these big nights. Either way, IMO this will be worth the short-term inconvenience :).

No, no, I think you meant to say that Disney planned this announcement months ago and Universal is the one playing catch up. Isn't that the Disney-approved mantra, that Disney nevereverevereverever plays second fiddle to Universal in the swamps? ;)

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
So I’m guessing that during construction and demolition new temporary pathways are going to be implemented. I would assume that the area in yellow will be off limits to guests

Kamikaze

Its ok for people to have different feelings.

For me, its all about park aesthetics and immersion, this entrance checks both those boxes, so to me this is a big win. Best news ever, maybe not but to each their own.

That was my entire point.

And you don't know how the rest of the park is going to turn out to say if this matches aesthetics or not.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom