News New Park Entrance coming to Epcot

Kamikaze

I’ve been waiting on this for years. As many of us have. So, it’s a big deal to some of us.

Its still not the best news ever.
They announced that they're moving LaL, opening a 'Play' pavilion, and redoing the entrance to be more 'garden'. I mean, there are two other current projects at Epcot that are much bigger news than this.

JustInTime

Its still not the best news ever.
They announced that they're moving LaL, opening a 'Play' pavilion, and redoing the entrance to be more 'garden'. I mean, there are two other current projects at Epcot that are much bigger news than this.
Okay well that’s your opinion. To me it is. And I’m talking specifically about the new entrance. FINALLY getting some movement. Best news ever.

Texas84

Kamikaze

Okay well that’s your opinion. To me it is. And I’m talking specifically about the new entrance. FINALLY getting some movement. Best news ever.

Please explain how a 'garden' setting to the entrance will bring more to your experience than two new attractions. How long do you spend in the entrance area that this is the 'best news ever'?

I'm not saying you can't be excited, but you're definitely going too far.

ToTBellHop

Please explain how a 'garden' setting to the entrance will bring more to your experience than two new attractions. How long do you spend in the entrance area that this is the 'best news ever'?

Maybe his ex-lover is buried under the tombstones and he’s excited to no longer be reminded of that heinous witch every time he enters the park.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

Its ok for people to have different feelings.

For me, its all about park aesthetics and immersion, this entrance checks both those boxes, so to me this is a big win. Best news ever, maybe not but to each their own.

*Q*

I wouldn't read too much into anything beyond Spaceship Earth in this concept art, it's created with the intent of highlighting the entrance. Even if there were no changes coming to Innoventions, that whole area in the art would likely have been obfuscated by generic greenery like that to help draw your eye to the foreground.

wishiwere@wdw

Have to love the Disney PR machine. Universal releses the potter coaster details and... BAM!

This is mostly all good IMO. It’s going to be interesting to see how they route guests through the maze of walls though. In particular, the big nights like Christmas week and July 4th come to mind. I know many compare to DCA in terms of what we’re in for but the description I heard was more comparable to the cattle Shute between Mako and Shamu stadium during the construction of Infinity Falls. Hopefully they are also planning on an alternative flood gate for these big nights. Either way, IMO this will be worth the short-term inconvenience :).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
This is concept art, an artists' rendering. Don't read too much into it.

“The exciting plans we have on the horizon will honor Epcot’s rich legacy of creativity and innovation while continuing to exceed the expectations of our guests for decades to come.”

Well, when you've succeeded in lowering guest expectations over the past 12 years, that's not exactly a high bar you're hurdling there, sir.

Now that I got that off my chest... I like the look of the entrance. Withholding comment on what's beyond SSE until there's more announced, possibly with more of our favorite rumor fodder, concept art!!! :hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom