The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wasn't sure what it was when it first appeared either. But, being the adventurer that I am, I agreed. If it works like mine it just puts a little box on the screen telling you that someone has posted something related to what you posted. Either a quote or like. Personally, even though I see that it is harmless, I still don't care about it that much. When you first sign on to the internet, they start to click off, one at a time, with an annoying little bell sound and the box which slides to the right eventually and the next one pops up.

The real problem for me is that it distracts me when I am trying to type something and I can only check them out when I have the time, and it is exactly the same stuff that shows up in your alert button on WDWmagic website. I'd rather not have it, it changes nothing for me. I will look at my alerts when I have the time, not when summoned. But, that may just be me. I don't really see any benefit for me. It just gives me one more thing I have to clear out daily. That said, I do like all the other add-on's that Steve has so graciously given us. That is the only one that really can be called "invasive".

Excellent. Glad that you were the guinea pig for this experiment. Good job there, fella. Now I know I don't want those annoying notifications. :)

Tony the Tigger

9 days until Valentine's Day View attachment 347869

Just booked the Hollywood Brown Derby for Valentine's Day lunch.

Good move? Bad move? The last time I ate at the restaurant proper was probably 15 years ago, although we did the patio recently and enjoyed it.

B won't be available for dinner, he will be at work. Booked Kylie at Best Friends Pet Care for the day, and when B goes to work after lunch, I have a solo trip for the remainder LOL.

I was reading all about special Valentine's Day prix fixe menus at certain restaurants last year, so I called WDW and "nothing has been announced" for this year.

Plan B: I may order a sugar free V-day cake tomorrow (assuming that's an option) to be delivered to the BD for after lunch.

The last time I ordered a sugar free cake was for an anniversary at Cat Cora's old restaurant on the BW. I presume it's still a thing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Just booked the Hollywood Brown Derby for Valentine's Day lunch.

I think that's a great idea for lunch. My guess is that others might go with the more familiar high-end places, and that makes Hollywood Brown Derby even more unique, in my opinion. Your Valentine will appreciate that your selection was a more creative, (yet still very upscale) choice. :inlove:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom