The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I haven’t shopped at Aldi in awhile, mostly because I forget that they take credit cards now. I like getting points for my groceries. But I liked their products, and I’m a big fan of buying generics. I personally think generic Mac and cheese tastes better than Kraft. I do think some name brands are better and wouldn’t buy generic, like Hellmann mayo and Heinz ketchup always taste better to me than any generic.

I am not surprised by your statement that Aldi’s Soups are from Campbell’s. When I worked at 3M, at one of the factories, we would run the product through and have the 3M printing on the product and box it up with the 3M logo for awhile. Then we turned off the printer and changed the labels that would go on the box and voila... generic products! Same as the “name” brand.

I also like saving money, maybe I should start shopping at Aldi again.

Funny, I never even heard of Aldi before I started reading some posts about it here. Then I looked it up and there are some in my (general) area. Guess I'm never in the location where one is, so I never noticed or heard of it before. :) (I did read a few Yelp reviews, and so far, people seem to really like it.)

Rista1313

I haven’t shopped at Aldi in awhile, mostly because I forget that they take credit cards now. I like getting points for my groceries. But I liked their products, and I’m a big fan of buying generics. I personally think generic Mac and cheese tastes better than Kraft. I do think some name brands are better and wouldn’t buy generic, like Hellmann mayo and Heinz ketchup always taste better to me than any generic.

I am not surprised by your statement that Aldi’s Soups are from Campbell’s. When I worked at 3M, at one of the factories, we would run the product through and have the 3M printing on the product and box it up with the 3M logo for awhile. Then we turned off the printer and changed the labels that would go on the box and voila... generic products! Same as the “name” brand.

I also like saving money, maybe I should start shopping at Aldi again.

I'm ok with their mayo, and even their ketchup. One thing I am pretty picky about is peanut butter. JIF all the way.... but I'll eat Aldi brand.... it's not bad... in fact, I think I'll make a fluffernutter sandwich to take for lunch today =D

Yesterday we had Aldi Honey Goat Cheese at the Christmas party.... and everyone ate it up! They didn't care it was from Aldi!

Rista1313

Funny, I never even heard of Aldi before I started reading some posts about it here. Then I looked it up and there are some in my (general) area. Guess I'm never in the location where one is, so I never noticed or heard of it before. :) (I did read a few Yelp reviews, and so far, people seem to really like it.)

I was introduced to it years ago in Chicago..... a friend had to stop... back then I thought it was crazy that you had to bag your own groceries....also back then they didn't have the variety of food they have now.

I can say when we were a one income household, while we were waiting for hubbies disability to go thru, it was a lifesaver.

I have an Aldi, and a Save a Lot less than 2 miles from the house. Save a lot is similar, but they do occasionally carry a few name brand items at SAL, but I've compared the two, and I definitely save more at Aldi..... Savings for Disney!

MySmallWorldof4

I was introduced to it years ago in Chicago..... a friend had to stop... back then I thought it was crazy that you had to bag your own groceries....also back then they didn't have the variety of food they have now.

I can say when we were a one income household, while we were waiting for hubbies disability to go thru, it was a lifesaver.

I have an Aldi, and a Save a Lot less than 2 miles from the house. Save a lot is similar, but they do occasionally carry a few name brand items at SAL, but I've compared the two, and I definitely save more at Aldi..... Savings for Disney!
How does it compare to Walmart? Mine is pretty good and has a lot of organic veggies, although I was disappointed to learn that they stopped carrying their own line of frozen organic veggies.

MySmallWorldof4

Bagging groceries is no big deal. I do it in self check-out anyway. But do I need to bring my own bags?

Goofyernmost

We’re Roman Catholic and belong to a Roman Catholic Church.. However, our parish church is very new and very modern.. pretty, but modern minimalist circular style.

We were in another part of town tonight, attended mass at a church that was built in the 1800s. We stayed afterwards to take photos.
Absolutely Grogeous!

View attachment 339060View attachment 339061View attachment 339062View attachment 339063View attachment 339064View attachment 339065View attachment 339069View attachment 339070View attachment 339071
The inside of that church is exactly like the one that I grew up with in way upstate NY. I guess they had a standard blue print. The columns, the alter, the pipe organ and choir loft was exactly like that. Decorations were much more subtle in my day, but, other then that, exactly the same.

MySmallWorldof4

We’re Roman Catholic and belong to a Roman Catholic Church.. However, our parish church is very new and very modern.. pretty, but modern minimalist circular style.

We were in another part of town tonight, attended mass at a church that was built in the 1800s. We stayed afterwards to take photos.
Absolutely Grogeous!

View attachment 339060View attachment 339061View attachment 339062View attachment 339063View attachment 339064View attachment 339065View attachment 339069View attachment 339070View attachment 339071
I was not raised Catholic, but my family would always go to visit Catholic churches because they were so pretty inside. This one is no exception.:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm ok with their mayo, and even their ketchup. One thing I am pretty picky about is peanut butter. JIF all the way.... but I'll eat Aldi brand.... it's not bad... in fact, I think I'll make a fluffernutter sandwich to take for lunch today =D

Yesterday we had Aldi Honey Goat Cheese at the Christmas party.... and everyone ate it up! They didn't care it was from Aldi!
We get their organic sugar free one, that's an item we save quite a bit on

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Interesting about 3M. I don’t have probelms with generic either. I will have to drag myself to Aldi to check them out. I do love my gas points though. Do you need to bring your own grocery bags there?

Yes I do believe you need your own bags or there used to be a small bag fee. I’ve seen people grab empty boxes from the shelf to use for their groceries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom