News Epcot Forever to debut as interim show before full Reflections of Earth replacement

Jenny72

It looks like for the replacement show they're going with clips from movies?! I kind of doubt that this is "giving the people what they want." I think there was a time when it would be cool to see clips from your favorite movies, but it's so old hat now. I can get that on YouTube in seconds. I have lots of reasons for hating this, but just....yawn.

People probably want fireworks and exciting technology, but they also want to be inspired. We need inspiration more than ever!

monothingie

Proxy War 2024: Never Forget
Premium Member
The company would bankrupt and broken up within two years.

I know you're being facetious, with all the M&A done over the past decade it would be very difficult to do even if they tried.

Unfortunately the direction in which leadership is heading (plus the incorporation of the Murdochs into the corporate hierarchy)seem to double down on what is working right now to keep investors happy. I just don't know if the path being taken is can be sustained. If anyone thought the cuts which have been done during good economic times to meet quarterly earnings numbers were bad, I shudder to think what one economic downturn will mean.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
It looks like for the replacement show they're going with clips from movies?! I kind of doubt that this is "giving the people what they want." I think there was a time when it would be cool to see clips from your favorite movies, but it's so old hat now. I can get that on YouTube in seconds. I have lots of reasons for hating this, but just....yawn.

People probably want fireworks and exciting technology, but they also want to be inspired. We need inspiration more than ever!
That's where you're wrong. Nostalgia is an ever growing thing for the modern audience. (Specifically nostalgia for childhood things, which includes the few Epcot fanboys who are upset as well.) So to see characters featured like, say, Hercules, the college students will eat it up!

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member

"I know what guests want, and they want this!!!" - Bob Chapek.

He's a theme park genius, just ask him. He's also a master ship builder, he even had a sign painted to prove it.

lazyboy97o

That's where you're wrong. Nostalgia is an ever growing thing for the modern audience. (Specifically nostalgia for childhood things, which includes the few Epcot fanboys who are upset as well.) So to see characters featured like, say, Hercules, the college students will eat it up!
Why are college students who wish they were 90s kids a key demographic?

TwilightZone

I think @marni1971 mentioned somewhat recently that there is a proposal for elements of Mulan to be featured in the new film. As a host, possibly?
The video that was leaked on here shows Mulan singing in Chinese. I know too little to know what song it was, but there you go. I will quote it when I find it.
EDIT:
Okay I can see that if you guys are analyzing those stills, then the video of the new show obviously hasn’t been released. Thankfully I did a terrible recording of it for you all to analyze the crap out of. You can thank me later 😉

GlacierGlacier

Because while they weren't around when these movies released, they were raised on them. VHS releases of the 90s Disney classics were pretty much on loop in mine and many of my friends households.

Not to mention with TV being at least a decade behind in terms of writing young characters, the characters they were watching on TV all were 'Cool 90s kidz' that they emulated.

Not to mention that freshman for this group of college kids were born in 99-00. With a range of four -five years for college, most college students are 95-00.

Growing up with that media imprints that 90s style, and once they're finally old enough to do stuff on their own of course they'd naturally try and emulate it.

Jenny72

Wait, is the new show really about nostalgia? Moana, Coco, Frozen? I don't think it's about nostalgia so much as cramming as many movies in as possible, some old and some new.

There are so much more interesting things to do than playing movie clips and movie music. I mean, just as an example, when we went to SeaWorld, my kids went nuts over a bubble show. Pretty cool stuff with bubbles, and no dancing snowmen in sight. Surely Disney could come up with something more innovative than this, but it's like they have no idea how to appeal to kids except through movie clips. Kids are not actually as boring as that.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
To answer your question honestly...

200.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom