Indiana Jones Land?

MaximumEd

Was in DHS yesterday. That place is gonna be mobbed to the rafters when SWL opens, based on the crowds I saw for a half decent coaster, a spinner, and an old ride that still pulls 2 hour waits. DHS needs 4-5 more rides like yesterday. By the way, Tower needs some serious love. Broken effects, bad audio volume and timing. It’s just bad.

Absimilliard

The coaster (both of them) is such a C ticket, dressed up as a D.

Paris got it in a rush since it was off the shelf, cheap (it’s designed to be transportable) and quick. They needed it open in less than a year to deal with the looming summer 1993 crowds after the opening season swamped the park. I was shocked when Tokyo cloned it.

It was meant to be a quick temporary fix for Paris. It’s not something that should be considered for the 2020s.

The original expansion plan for Tokyo DisneySea was much less exciting than the Raging Spirits/Tower of Terror combo that opened in 2005-2006.

American Waterfront was originally scheduled to get a pair of dark rides, a pair of Vekoma Mad House inside Sailing Ship Colombia and a pair of dressed up Wild Mouse coasters. The Dark Ride was to have been called Motor Mania and guests would have taken early 1900's roadsters on a drive around New-York, indoor and outdoor. The Mad Houses would have been themed to a trip to Europe and Mad House is an old rotating house ride where 40 guests sit on a large swing set inside a large rotating barrel. The barrel is themed and at first, things are eerie as you feel like you're moving... but with no visible changes. Eventually, the room start spinning around you and those were quite popular in Europe. My main issue at Toyko DisneySea was they proposed using the small 40 passenger version versus the large 80 passenger version that Efteling, Walibi Belgium, Walibi Holland and others installed.

The Wild Mouse coasters had a very fun theme: Cops and Robbers! Guests would have entered a police station. Half the guests were sent to the police motor pool and the other half through a wall in the prison to the getaway car. The ride was outdoor in a construction zone.

What I pieced together is that Oriental Land Co. rejected those proposals, two of which have had public concept arts released, and went with Raging Spirits/Tower of Terror. Raging Spirits was a 60 million dollars US project that bookended Lost River Delta quite well and added a popular food counter as well. Tower of Terror with its new storyline and looked fitted the American Waterfront like a glove and allowed them to add Toy Story Mania! later.

There is a popular misconception that Temple du Peril is "transportable" while the truth is more complicated than that. The ride was bolted to a cement pad and its also how Rock n Roller Coaster was built later: instead of dozens of individual footers, the supports of Rock n Roller Coaster are bolted to a large cement pad. Temple du Peril layout was certainly inspired by the Pinfari TL-59 and Intamin improved the engineering and layout. They also modified it to run 6 trains at once while the TL-59 was 3-4 at most. For Raging Spirits, Sansei-Yusoki further improved the layout and built better trains for it.

Pinfari TL-59:

Temple du Peril:

The main differences with Temple du Peril are:

- Holding brake between load and the lift hill on the curve.

- Smoother lift crest.

- Instead of the brake- shallow drop-insanely tight curving drop into the loop on the TL-59, its now a long straight away, brakes, steeper and smoother curving drop into the loop.

- Helix has a small drop in the middle of it to boost speed.

- Instead of separate load and unload, two trains fit inside a single station and the transfer track is right before.

jt04

Was in DHS yesterday. That place is gonna be mobbed to the rafters when SWL opens, based on the crowds I saw for a half decent coaster, a spinner, and an old ride that still pulls 2 hour waits. DHS needs 4-5 more rides like yesterday. By the way, Tower needs some serious love. Broken effects, bad audio volume and timing. It’s just bad.

Adding new stuff at the other parks will help. New Epcot show and Ratatouille will help for example.

lukacseven

A "land" is comprised of multiple attractions, so shutting down the stunt show means you need to add a coaster and...what else? Another simulator? 4D attraction? I actually like the stunt show concept - it just needs an update. Maybe include some scenes from other movies and keep one of the Raiders scenes? What other scenes from what movies would play well? I also like the idea of a hybrid coaster/water attraction similar to the Atlantis ride at Sea World, but a duck boat w/ a big splash down like Jurassic Park. HS is missing a water attraction. Seems like the existing Paris coaster is unfinished and lacking any special effects. Nothing about the ride experience even ties it to Indy.

mikejs78

Premium Member
This is till correct, it will likely get a retheme, or removed completely.
My highly uneducated guess is that, once Galaxy's Edge opens and TDO realizes they don't have nearly enough capacity, they'll be hesitent to close it down to do anything. And when the throngs of Star Wars fans who have not necessarily been visitors before or often, in their desire to get anything Star Wars (esp with the anticipated long lines to get into GE), I would not be at all surprised if demand for Star Tours goes way up. So I predict that this is one plan that may never see the light of day, even if it is the current plan.

jt04

My highly uneducated guess is that, once Galaxy's Edge opens and TDO realizes they don't have nearly enough capacity, they'll be hesitent to close it down to do anything. And when the throngs of Star Wars fans who have not necessarily been visitors before or often, in their desire to get anything Star Wars (esp with the anticipated long lines to get into GE), I would not be at all surprised if demand for Star Tours goes way up. So I predict that this is one plan that may never see the light of day, even if it is the current plan.

If Star Tours is still open in 2021 my guess is muppetland gets bulldozed for a SW expansion.

WolfmanJames

In the Parks
Yes
A "land" is comprised of multiple attractions, so shutting down the stunt show means you need to add a coaster and...what else? Another simulator? 4D attraction? I actually like the stunt show concept - it just needs an update. Maybe include some scenes from other movies and keep one of the Raiders scenes? What other scenes from what movies would play well? I also like the idea of a hybrid coaster/water attraction similar to the Atlantis ride at Sea World, but a duck boat w/ a big splash down like Jurassic Park. HS is missing a water attraction. Seems like the existing Paris coaster is unfinished and lacking any special effects. Nothing about the ride experience even ties it to Indy.

As far as scenes that I think.might work for the stunt show.
Temple Of Doom - Opening scene in Club Obi-Wan would make for a good sequence. Lots of action there
Last Crusade - Tank Chase or the three trials for the grail.
Crystal Skull - Hangar 51 chase.

It'd be cool if they came up with an orginal concept for the show as well.

J. D.

As far as scenes that I think.might work for the stunt show.
Temple Of Doom - Opening scene in Club Obi-Wan would make for a good sequence. Lots of action there
Last Crusade - Tank Chase or the three trials for the grail.
Crystal Skull - Hangar 51 chase.

It'd be cool if they came up with an orginal concept for the show as well.
What is this Crystal Skull you speak of?

Magenta Panther

Now that just makes me sick. The star attraction of what remains of DHS and TDO is neglecting it. Way to go, TDO! :banghead:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom