Indiana Jones Land?

Kman101

I’d argue Indy is a better fit for the studios than Star Wars is, it takes place in roughly the same time as the golden age of Hollywood, so it would aesthetically fit better than a galaxy far far away. Perhaps a little looser connection, but film crews often have to travel to exotic places to film, so maybe thats a strong enough idea to why we’re in hollywood and suddenly in an exotic jungle around the same era? Like I said, very loose connection, but it’s reasonable.

In many ways it is more "fitting". But I think both are fitting in a catch-all movie theme park, which Hollywood theme or not, is what it is.

I think many of us want thematically perfect fits but we also have to remember these are still theme parks. I don't excuse shoving things anywhere but I tend to give a bit more leeway than some, lol (I have some exceptions that just don't work for me, I think some of it is ultimately subjective).

Princess Leia

Something like the challenge trails in Camp Discovery at Shanghai Disney would be a great piece of an expanded Indy land.
An E, a C, the Stunt Show/some sort of trail like you mentioned above, and two restaurants (QS & TS) would be in my ideal DHS Indy land, but I doubt they’ll give it that much space. An all-ages interactive walking trail through a jungle looking for artifacts would be so neat though.

Movielover

An E, a C, the Stunt Show/some sort of trail like you mentioned above, and two restaurants (QS & TS) would be in my ideal DHS Indy land, but I doubt they’ll give it that much space. An all-ages interactive walking trail through a jungle looking for artifacts would be so neat though.

Heck I would just be happy with the E, Stunt Show, and restaurant... But the trail idea sounds great!

britain

And not just through a jungle, but on the edge of mountain cliffs, through temples that have had their floors fallen out! Oh yeah baby!

MagicJack78

@marni1971
As always I know you are limited on what can be said and not said. So, I'll keep my questions vague.
If Indy, does happen. Will it be completed in the first, mid, or second half of the next decade?
Secondly, is there a short term solution to deal with the crowds that will be coming next year?
If so, can you share?

Thank you!

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971
As always I know you are limited on what can be said and not said. So, I'll keep my questions vague.
If Indy, does happen. Will it be completed in the first, mid, or second half of the next decade?
Secondly, is there a short term solution to deal with the crowds that will be coming next year?
If so, can you share?

Than
Short term would be to close the gates.

There is no final timescale for anything Indy at the moment. Nor approval as far as I know.

Kman101

Something like the Camp Discovery Challenge Trail in Shanghai, just more "jungle-y" and interactive? I'd love that. But we'd probably be lucky to get more than a re-themed Backlot and a copy of the Paris coaster. :joyfull:

Kman101

I know :cry: Indy deserves something that’s as detailed as HP and SWGE, but I don’t trust Disney to build it

I don't either :(

Maybe we'd get lucky and they clone the Tokyo area featuring Indy? THAT area would have looked amazing in Animal Kingdom, even though most would have had a stroke that it was going into the park. But I think a similar area also works (better, but I didn't despise Indy in AK like some do -- though, truly, wouldn't Adventureland be the best place? But Hollywood Studios needs his presence more, IMO) in Hollywood Studios. I've been dying for a real Indy attraction (translation: dark ride, be it boat or jeep or a truly E-Ticket amazing coaster, not the wooden meh ones, though I wouldn't mind an amazing e-ticket and the wooden coaster) and I feel like it's just never going to happen but the stunt show can't go on another 20 years, though it feels like it's about to. And I love it. But it's beyond past time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom