Indiana Jones Land?

Marc Davis Fan

Could you imagine? And if we still had the canoes and keel boat? hours. Magical. lol.

But it would be really cool. Shanghai's looks really well done from what I can see in videos and photos.

I had the good fortune to visit SDL in 2016, and I thought the rockwork/mountain design in Adventure Isle was stunning. I particularly liked the “Camp Discovery” area, where you can walk through and explore lots of detailed little pathways, etc.

Personally, I think an alternate version of Adventure Isle (with different attractions, less-wide walkways, etc), could work beautifully for an Indy land... but I think it would be even better as an expansion of Adventureland, or even a “South America” replacement for Dinoland, in the unlikely event they returned to that idea (and assuming it doesn’t mess up sightlines from other areas of DAK, especially Asia across the lake).

Kman101

I had the good fortune to visit SDL in 2016, and I thought the rockwork/mountain design in Adventure Isle was stunning. I particularly liked the “Camp Discovery” area, where you can walk through and explore lots of detailed little pathways, etc.

Personally, I think an alternate version of Adventure Isle (with different attractions, less-wide walkways, etc), could work beautifully for an Indy land... but I think it would be even better as an expansion of Adventureland, or even a “South America” replacement for Dinoland, in the unlikely event they returned to that idea (and assuming it doesn’t mess up sightlines from other areas of DAK, especially Asia across the lake).

Yeah, Adventureland or AK would be ideal. I'm all for a variety of experiences.

jt04

Sorry to thread bump but any update on this? This is by far the rumor I’ve been most excited about, even if it is only a rumor at this point.

So I heard there were auditions announced for Indy stunt show. Could be this means the show is staying awhile and they will run more shows to help with the Star Wars crowds. That seems logical.

Of course I think that increases the odds any new Indy content goes to DAK or the MK.

If the stunt show stays several more years at DHS, then they likely will add some crowd eaters elsewhere in the park. And then replace the stunt show down the line with a different IP.

IMO.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
So I heard there were auditions announced for Indy stunt show. Could be this means the show is staying awhile and they will run more shows to help with the Star Wars crowds. That seems logical.

Of course I think that increases the odds any new Indy content goes to DAK or the MK.

If the stunt show stays several more years at DHS, then they likely will add some crowd eaters elsewhere in the park. And then replace the stunt show down the line with a different IP.

IMO.

All the shows at DHS have had help-wanteds in the past few months.

All this means is that there is no immediate and definite shut-down. If the shows are slated to go or change a few months from now, and they need someone to sing Belle's part until then, they'll advertise for a Belle.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
All the shows at DHS have had help-wanteds in the past few months.

All this means is that there is not immediate and definite shut-down. If the shows are slated to go or change a few months from now, and they need someone to sing Belle's part until then, they'll advertise for a Belle.
Even Voyage of the Little Mermaid?

Haymarket2008

Good! I'd welcome a change, but the show is also a big part of my childhood. I'm starting the DCP soon so I'll be happy to see it some more while I'm there.

The frequency of auditions in both NYC and Orlando don’t necessarily indicate the longevity of the show. As far as we know it is staying for the time being. But those are usually required auditions calls. Which means that casting doesn’t always take place. The show is under the actors union so they are required to have a certain amount of auditions per year, even if they aren’t looking at all. (I’m a member, so that’s how I know these things haha).

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
The frequency of auditions in both NYC and Orlando don’t necessarily indicate the longevity of the show. As far as we know it is staying for the time being. But those are usually required auditions calls. Which means that casting doesn’t always take place. The show is under the actors union so they are required to have a certain amount of auditions per year, even if they aren’t looking at all. (I’m a member, so that’s how I know these things haha).
Did not know that! Are all stage shows at WDW under the actors union? Like, including dance parties, muppets in liberty square, fantasmic, parades, ect.?

Haymarket2008

Did not know that! Are all stage shows at WDW under the actors union? Like, including dance parties, muppets in liberty square, fantasmic, parades, ect.?

I believe the majority of them are. If there is live singing and speaking, definitely. I'm not versed in how the union works within the theme park setting, because that has a very different set of rules that don't apply to actual standard theater work around the country. But I do know that they don't HAVE to be a part of the union to perform there.

Fox&Hound

I know it is an older ride by now, and it has a clone at AK, but I for one, would still more than welcome getting a clone of the Indy ride from Disneyland and putting it in DHS over by a revamped version of the stage show. Add a sit down restaurant and you would really anchor that part of the park.

lukacseven

How about the roller coaster from Disneyland Paris? Is that any good? I just have a hard time seeing them add what is essentially Dinosaur to another park that's 5 minutes away.
Temple of Peril at DLP seems to be lacking the immersive effects and thematic elements that really can make it a good attraction. I agree we don't need another Dinosaur ride. I'm all for either adding a coaster, if it is distinctly Indy themed and contains some sort of story/characters from the films. I'm also for a stunt show re-boot. There are plenty of scenes from the non-Raiders movies you can recreate in that format...

kthomas105

How about the roller coaster from Disneyland Paris? Is that any good? I just have a hard time seeing them add what is essentially Dinosaur to another park that's 5 minutes away.
My understanding was that the Indy coaster at DLP was a cheap filler for that park. Pretty much a lightly themed coaster to increase ride count and capacity. I can stand to be corrected as I have never visited DLP.

Marc Davis Fan

I definitely wouldn't call Indiana Jones Adventure another Dinosaur, just like I wouldn't call Haunted Mansion another Under The Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid (or RotR another MMRR, for that matter!). They're such dramatically different experiences that I don't think they'd be the slightest bit redundant, especially in different parks - but others may disagree.

I've been on the DisneySea version of the Indiana Jones roller coaster (called Raging Spirits there). The theming of that version is superb (much more complete and detailed than the one at Paris, plus fire and mist effects, etc. - just watch POV videos of both). It's a really nice secondary attraction... but it would definitely not be enough to anchor even a mini-land.

Now, a mini-land with the roller coaster AND an updated Indiana Jones Adventure (plus a restaurant) would be amazing.

lukacseven

I definitely wouldn't call Indiana Jones Adventure another Dinosaur, just like I wouldn't call Haunted Mansion another Under The Sea: Journey of The Little Mermaid (or RotR another MMRR, for that matter!). They're such dramatically different experiences that I don't think they'd be the slightest bit redundant, especially in different parks - but others may disagree.

I've been on the DisneySea version of the Indiana Jones roller coaster (called Raging Spirits there). The theming of that version is superb (much more complete and detailed than the one at Paris, plus fire and mist effects, etc. - just watch POV videos of both). It's a really nice secondary attraction... but it would definitely not be enough to anchor even a mini-land.

Now, a mini-land with the roller coaster AND an updated Indiana Jones Adventure (plus a restaurant) would be amazing.
The one style ride Disney is currently lacking is the big-boat splashdown style ride (see Jurassic Park). An Indy duck boat ride with a big splash at the end (DHS currently has no water attractions) would be awesome.

Timothy_Q

I know it is an older ride by now, and it has a clone at AK, but I for one, would still more than welcome getting a clone of the Indy ride from Disneyland and putting it in DHS over by a revamped version of the stage show. Add a sit down restaurant and you would really anchor that part of the park.
Having the same ride system and being a clone are completely different things

donsullivan

Premium Member

I'm not sure that is the best choice. As has been said above, it's a small and pretty low budget coaster (yes I've ridden it) with a nominal overlay to link it to Indiana Jones. It's a very tightly wrapped coaster from a footprint standpoint and while it has more traditional coaster 'trains' the ride itself is a lot more like a wild mouse type of coaster. I definitely do not see it as a worthy successor to Stunt Show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom