Indiana Jones Land?

Kman101

If it does have a coaster, here's hoping they don't just copy the one from france/Raging Spirits......... not even sure having that version would be better than no coaster at all.

No clue if a coaster is in the plans but I wouldn't be shocked to see a clone. It's what they do. Maybe they could plus up the Paris version? The Tokyo version looks a little nicer but I haven't seen either in person, of course. And I'm not sure I'd ever ride it. I like some coasters, not all. But I know many who do. Not advocating for it being cloned at all, just know their history. If we got *just* a version of the already built coaster, I'd not be thrilled. I'd accept it more if it were part of a land with a massive E-ticket experience.

Princess Leia

I don't either :(

Maybe we'd get lucky and they clone the Tokyo area featuring Indy? THAT area would have looked amazing in Animal Kingdom, even though most would have had a stroke that it was going into the park. But I think a similar area also works (better, but I didn't despise Indy in AK like some do -- though, truly, wouldn't Adventureland be the best place? But Hollywood Studios needs his presence more, IMO) in Hollywood Studios. I've been dying for a real Indy attraction (translation: dark ride, be it boat or jeep or a truly E-Ticket amazing coaster, not the wooden meh ones, though I wouldn't mind an amazing e-ticket and the wooden coaster) and I feel like it's just never going to happen but the stunt show can't go on another 20 years, though it feels like it's about to. And I love it. But it's beyond past time.
If it wasn’t for DHS needing it more, I would also be on board with Adventureland. But with DHS, it could really be it’s own ‘land’. That park is going to need at least 5 more things to do after SWGE opens

jt04

No clue if a coaster is in the plans but I wouldn't be shocked to see a clone. It's what they do. Maybe they could plus up the Paris version? The Tokyo version looks a little nicer but I haven't seen either in person, of course. And I'm not sure I'd ever ride it. I like some coasters, not all. But I know many who do. Not advocating for it being cloned at all, just know their history. If we got *just* a version of the already built coaster, I'd not be thrilled. I'd accept it more if it were part of a land with a massive E-ticket experience.

I just think any Indy Land at dhs that is decent would make a problem with crowds become nearly impossible.

PS- I have some ideas that could work well. And be done by 2021. Think I will work on that from the Armchair.

Last edited:

Kman101

I just think any Indy Land at dhs that is decent would make a problem with crowds become nearly impossible.

PS- I have some ideas that could work well. And be done by 2021. Think I will work on that from the Armchair.

Well Star Wars is going to beat Indy to it and likely be a major headache for 2020 and especially if they foolishly open the land in November or December 2019 (October now is almost like summer once used to be).

But you are ultimately correct in that anything new that opens will create a crowding problem that hasn't been addressed over the last 20 years.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The coaster (both of them) is such a C ticket, dressed up as a D.

Paris got it in a rush since it was off the shelf, cheap (it’s designed to be transportable) and quick. They needed it open in less than a year to deal with the looming summer 1993 crowds after the opening season swamped the park. I was shocked when Tokyo cloned it.

It was meant to be a quick temporary fix for Paris. It’s not something that should be considered for the 2020s.

Kman101

The coaster (both of them) is such a C ticket, dressed up as a D.

Paris got it in a rush since it was off the shelf, cheap (it’s designed to be transportable) and quick. They needed it open in less than a year to deal with the looming summer 1993 crowds after the opening season swamped the park. I was shocked when Tokyo cloned it.

It was meant to be a quick temporary fix for Paris. It’s not something that should be considered for the 2020s.

It does seem surprising Tokyo cloned it. I'd take the Tokyo version but that's like choosing the least worst version.

I'd hope they aren't considering it but I know they love their clones and quick temporary fixes. But aren't they learning quick fixes aren't the long-term solutions they should be thinking about? I know it's the next executives problem but they seem to have a lot of problems they don't know how to handle based on the last 20 years (or more) of their "quick temporary fix" mantra and terrible management.

Any particular reason (that you can discuss, of course) they always seem so hesitant to commit to an Indy presence beyond the stunt show? I'm not even referring to now, just overall. It just seems to be a constant hesitation. (Though I imagine the "real" hesitation is spending the money and not necessarily about the IP/Indy itself) - I probably answered some it myself, lol. I know their track record of course.

britain

Hmmm ... two blasts from the east and two things from the west.

Trying to decipher this...

If the east means Asian parks and west means California...

Could mean DL’s Jeep ride, and maybe DCA’s Grizzly River Rapids - what else is in CA?

And could mean Shanghai’s challenge trail and... Tokyo’s Raging Spirit coaster?

Oooh! The clue said “blasts” - what if its an Indy version of the Grizzly Coaster from Hong Kong!?

ToTBellHop

They have nothing to fear in that respect.

Regarding the other thing, they’ve now realised they should have made decisions earlier.
If we mere mortals could tell DHS would need more after SWL, it defies explanation that they didn’t realize this in 2015. If only they had kept and updated GMR and built MMRR in Animation Courtyard along with some relatively cheap entertainment updates, I think they’d be in good shape. Now they’ll end up having to spend a fortune making up for previous mistakes. But I digress.

fradz

I've done both recently, Tokyo's is much much nicer, love the "firey water" in front as well. It's also a smoother ride because thanks to maintenance + a little newer. I feel more in a jungle when going to the Tokyo one.
By the way, Paris' version was always meant to be plussed with a lot more theming. There are concept arts available for that (in the Disneyland Paris : From sketch to Reality book, but also probably online as it comes from Alain Littaye, admin of Disney And More)

jt04

If we mere mortals could tell DHS would need more after SWL, it defies explanation that they didn’t realize this in 2015. If only they had kept and updated GMR and built MMRR in Animation Courtyard along with some relatively cheap entertainment updates, I think they’d be in good shape. Now they’ll end up having to spend a fortune making up for previous mistakes. But I digress.

I think they thought there was a ceiling to the number of tourists who would visit central Florida.

I don't think there is a ceiling. The bigger and better attractions they create, the more crowds they will get.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom