News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

roj2323

Am I correct in the assumption that a rope will first be flown over the system by helicopter then the cable pulled off the spool by the rope onto the systems guide wheels?

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...
Am I correct in the assumption that a rope will first be flown over the system by helicopter then the cable pulled off the spool by the rope onto the systems guide wheels?
Probably don't need a helicopter for this one.
I would be willing to bet that this has been done enough that there is a very good system and mechanical devices to do this job with ease.

2h3vnnk.jpg

Some workers find it difficult to understand, but once they see it in action up close...they get the point.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Helicopters are expensive for things you can easily do from the ground or people scaling small towers.. or from accessible ground locations. You use helicopters when you can't simply drive up to the spot and do it from the ground.

You start with small guide lines... then step up to the heavier cable once your guide lines run where you need them.

GCTales

I'll be there the first week of December, too, to witness the spectacular Festival of the Rope!

Luckily/unluckily, I've been priced out of the Swolphin, so, I won't be affected (my condolences Crescent Lake folk!). But, I'll wander to the IG and see what I can see!

At Pop, I usually ask for fourth floor facing the lake, so maybe I'll get good pics of the roping there.

I'll be there the week after you, also staying at POP, so I will try to keep the pictures coming.

GCTales

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
@liftblog - any idea what these buildings on the POP / AoA Station?

I have not seen these on any gondola systems I have ridden. They look like construction containers, but appear to be more permanent.

Note: Originals on blog Mickey.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/photo...ion-progress-at-art-of-animation-pop-century/

View attachment 320163View attachment 320163View attachment 320164
Those can be craned on and off in a jiffy -- no reason to think they're permanent...

JoeCamel

@liftblog - any idea what these buildings on the POP / AoA Station?

I have not seen these on any gondola systems I have ridden. They look like construction containers, but appear to be more permanent.

Note: Originals on blog Mickey.

http://blogmickey.com/2018/10/photo...ion-progress-at-art-of-animation-pop-century/

View attachment 320163View attachment 320163View attachment 320164
The one with the window looks to be where the CM can sit in air conditioned comfort to observe while the charred bodies are removed from the cabins. If the one on the other side has the same window then a second CM will be observing the fresh meat loading into the cabins.

GCTales

Those can be craned on and off in a jiffy -- no reason to think they're permanent...

Agree, however, the reason I asked if they were more permanent is that it appears that the insulation was installed on-site. all of the modular spaces I have dealt with are fully self contained and sealed - just connect to power and go.

Typically, one does not install insulation on-site in a temporary building.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
The one with the window looks to be where the CM can sit in air conditioned comfort to observe while the charred bodies are removed from the cabins. If the one on the other side has the same window then a second CM will be observing the fresh meat loading into the cabins.

Has anyone discovered where the seasoning and basting machinery will be located ?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster

They are permanent. If you follow the construction pictures you can see that insulation and an outside wall coverings were added after these were put in place. No reason to do that sort of work on a temporary building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom