News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

tl77

It never stopped being the centerpiece in my opinion though it was a stronger centerpiece pre-2007.
In the original "exit room" of Spaceship Earth, there were animated clips of the other Future Wold Pavilions and the World Key information stations all over the room, which tied into it's overall theme of "information/communication" so it was literally and figuratively the centerpiece of the park back in the day

jklakeview

Aside from the originally proposed Time Racers concept.
Hey Marni, I usually don't question you because you are so accurate and knowledgeable when it comes to Disney but my wife and I were talking and we arent sure we agree with something you said this time. We remember going to Epcot in February 2007 with my wive's family. At that time, SSE was closed for the 2007 refurb. We returned in Nov 2007 as part of our honeymoon and during that trip it reopened for a "Soft opening". I know that you said it was a 5 month refurbishment, but we were thinking it was 1- months like the other posted stated. Do you think that you could be mistaken? Thanks

ABQ

Hey Marni, I usually don't question you because you are so accurate and knowledgeable when it comes to Disney but my wife and I were talking and we arent sure we agree with something you said this time. We remember going to Epcot in February 2007 with my wive's family. At that time, SSE was closed for the 2007 refurb. We returned in Nov 2007 as part of our honeymoon and during that trip it reopened for a "Soft opening". I know that you said it was a 5 month refurbishment, but we were thinking it was 1- months like the other posted stated. Do you think that you could be mistaken? Thanks
Scrolling through this page https://www.wdwmagic.com/news/2007/attractions.htm there's one particular listing that shows it's closure date https://www.wdwmagic.com/attraction...007-spaceship-earth-closure-dates-updated.htm and then later another showing soft openings on Dec 8th. I believe I recall taking that soft opening in, but random guest previews took place even earlier, I think.

peter11435

SSE did not close until July of 2007.

ppete1975

Unless something changes, this will really be the first time in SSE's history that they'll do a refurb without a sponsor...who knows what that will look like!
Or maybe they haven't announced one yet. Something tells me there will be one when it reopens. But that's based on nothing but tea leaves and guesses.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
As you can see, it may have been closed when you visited (I’m not sure) and reopened again until the July.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom