News Spaceship Earth Refurb - 2 Year Closure

SteamboatJoe

Original Poster
I think they're saying "fake demand." People are only getting FPs for it because that's one of their allotted three, or one of the few available after using their three. The mere existence of a FP line drives up stand-by times.
Yep and the tiered system exacerbates the problem. As much as I really don't need a FP for SSE, I need a FP even less for some of those other tier 2 attractions that are practically walkons most of the time. Might as well use FP on SSE because I definitely want to be sure I ride it.

AJDMB05

I'm in. I'm emotionally putting all my chips in the middle on this one. This ride is literally my childhood in Disney in the mid 90s. I'm going to stay excited and trust they're going to stick to what made this ride grand and awe-inspiring for 25 years. I look forward to the other side of this thread in 4 years.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I wonder if doing an elaborate refurb would require them to remove parts of the exterior tiles/structure briefly. I suppose it depends on how in-depth they would refurb (again, assuming this is happening)

montyz81

If this is all true and, handled very sincerely, with real educational inspiration, and done really well with no cheaping out... it would go a long way toward compensating for whatever IP infusion they add to the rest of the park.

It could become the mega omnimover Epcot attraction of yesteryear, today and tomorrow. It is a trip through Earth's history: Bring in a couple of dinos from Energy before getting to the mammoth, add a world of motion traffic jam in the middle, and maybe a trip to future at Mesa Verde! Ok, now I'm getting ridiculous.
I always said that SSE could surve as that one ride that has a nostalgic connection to the original charter of opening day Epcot Center. If these rumors are indeed true, I 100% agree that this could almost make up for the removal of all of the other six original FW pavilion shows. I’d be happy with these changes. It would remain my #1 favorite ride! Maybe they should try to get Verizon to sponsor it!

Last edited:

Disney Maddux

"I can't wait for people to say they heard this on WDWMagic and not from me." - The One That Shall Not Be Named

I like how he says that despite the wonderful users on here being the first to report a possible renovation in 2020 with no major changes, then he made a post about it and didn't cite us. Now he's taking inside info from different threads and using it as his own info, once again without citing.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Tentatively not terrified at the prospect of updating the ride post-Industrial Revolution. That kind of implies that the ride, in nature and concept, may not be killed by inserting <current fad character> into it to make it "more Disney".

Post of the Month!

WEDwaydatamover

This site gets uglier and more off the rails daily.

I'm part of the problem sure, but at least I realize it. I'm no troll, I care about the big 3 Parks in the U.S. deeply and I'll say what I feel. No safe spaces on open forums.

jt04

I think you are actually going to be really pleased with this refurb. And not just for brisket, but for barbecue in general and the entirety of cooking.

Narrated by Guy Fieri, Spaceship Hearth will be a slow moving adventure through the history of our planet’s recipes. From the dawn of time and raw saber tooth cutlets, to today’s French cooking, and the future of Soylent Green, guests will be transported to worlds of flavors and smells with projections of popular foods from every era.

Sponsored by Weber Grills, Spaceship Hearth will delight children, and the young at heart.

“Remember how easy it was to light your grill? Thank the Weber technicians.”

—————

On another note, should SSE be destroyed or converted into some sort of thrill experience, I leave you with the brilliant tho
Tentatively not terrified at the prospect of updating the ride post-Industrial Revolution. That kind of implies that the ride, in nature and concept, may not be killed by inserting <current fad character> into it to make it "more Disney".

Wouldn't mind if they upgraded the space between the chapel and the IR.

Leonardo. Leonardo. Leonardo.

The inventor. Not the painter. Or writer. Or sculptor.

Maeryk

Wouldn't mind if they upgraded the space between the chapel and the IR.

Leonardo. Leonardo. Leonardo.

The inventor. Not the painter. Or writer. Or sculptor.

Did Disney buy Nickelodeon? Last I checked. they owned Leonardo. (And donatello, raphael..)

trainplane3

The ride has so much potential to be a top notch E - ticket attraction
Personally, I've always treated SSE like a E. The sheer scale of it wins on so many levels but if they upped the effects and gave the ending a upgrade over "curtains with some lights", it'd be a super solid E for me. Just the possibilities of going from 180top to unload and overhauling are incredible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom