News Park attendance showing significant softness heading into the Fall 2018

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The way disney hit the panick button you’d think it was 2008 again
I worked for a large retailer that made roughly $101B annually ($23 BILLION profit) and they laid off workers in the hundreds every January. This is common practice. Its kind of like the old saying there is a reason rich people stay rich. It stinks but that is the world we live in.

jbolen2

After you overspend an already outrageously huge purchase by 20 billion and then people aren't hitting the parks as planned in a strong economy? Most companies would panic to one degree or another.
I worked for a large retailer that made roughly $101B annually ($23 BILLION profit) and they laid off workers in the hundreds every January. This is common practice. Its kind of like the old saying there is a reason rich people stay rich. It stinks but that is the world we live in.

The cut backs to an extent during slow times I can understand owning multiple business myself, cutting back like you are losing your tail I don’t get. So many things are contributing to lower attendance but the pure greed of Disney is the key element. The saying pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered comes to mind watching how they are doing increases in cost everywhere while cutting to the bone where they can. All this said we still have our annual passes and enjoy multiple trips a year but have many friends that can’t do so anymore.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
The cut backs to an extent during slow times I can understand owning multiple business myself, cutting back like you are losing your tail I don’t get. So many things are contributing to lower attendance but the pure greed of Disney is the key element. The saying pigs get fat hogs get slaughtered comes to mind watching how they are doing increases in cost everywhere while cutting to the bone where they can. All this said we still have our annual passes and enjoy multiple trips a year but have many friends that can’t do so anymore.
I agree, there will certainly be a tipping point, my guess is during the next downturn which I am sure is just around the corner.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Any advice on how to get a fast pass for this ride 30 days in advance? I guess they are all taken by people that can get them 60 days in advance.
Actually, it's people who can book at the 63- or 64-day point well into their scheduled trips...
I wish they would go back to the old way of getting a fast pass and forget about getting them online. All these people that were able to get a Fast Pass and then dont go, dont bother to cancel their pass in order to allow others to get them. There must be a better way???
Not to worry -- there are plenty of people in the stand-by line who will fill those otherwise empty seats.

flynnibus

Premium Member
We are going to Disney the end of this month. I have been trying to get a Fast Pass for Pandora Flight of Passage ever since it opened. We have resident annual passes. We are only allowed to book a fast pass 30 days in advance. Every day says "no more fast passes." It may not look crowded inside the parks because everyone is waiting in line for the good rides. Any advice on how to get a fast pass for this ride 30 days in advance? I guess they are all taken by people that can get them 60 days in advance. Its so crazy now with these passes that I'm ready to drop my annual pass and just forget Disney and go to Universal. I wish they would go back to the old way of getting a fast pass and forget about getting them online. All these people that were able to get a Fast Pass and then dont go, dont bother to cancel their pass in order to allow others to get them. There must be a better way???

Do rope drop instead. 30mins before emh park opening be at the gate.

geekza

What do you think it was?
I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I had been trying to take off at least a few pounds before our trip next month and thought I was making slow progress. I wasn't 100% wrong, in that I was slowing progressing in gaining weight instead of losing it. I'm 6'3", so I was already going to be pushing it, even if I was able to lose some weight. At this point, though, I strongly suspect I'd end up doing the "Walk of Shame." I had to do that once at King's Island when trying to take my son on his first real coaster. It was so mortifying that I never tried to ride a coaster again. Won't be able to fit on 7DMT, either. Oh, well. At least I can still ride the NRJ. :grumpy:

disneyflush

I'm not sure exactly what you're asking, but I had been trying to take off at least a few pounds before our trip next month and thought I was making slow progress. I wasn't 100% wrong, in that I was slowing progressing in gaining weight instead of losing it. I'm 6'3", so I was already going to be pushing it, even if I was able to lose some weight. At this point, though, I strongly suspect I'd end up doing the "Walk of Shame." I had to do that once at King's Island when trying to take my son on his first real coaster. It was so mortifying that I never tried to ride a coaster again. Won't be able to fit on 7DMT, either. Oh, well. At least I can still ride the NRJ. :grumpy:

I was asking Tony what he thought caused the decline in Sept attendance. :)

I was a lineman at a D1 college for football and am 6'5". Weight is really easy for me to pack on as well. Either way its going to be good ammunition to use as a goal!

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Those FoP seats have a wide range of fits... try the seat out front to be sure before you write it off.

wannabeBelle

Those FoP seats have a wide range of fits... try the seat out front to be sure before you write it off.
Exactly what I would say. A friend had a problem in one room but not in a second room. Don't write it off before you try!! It is so worth it!! Marie

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom