The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
That explains it. I always remember crowds around it at various times during the day, and the excitement of the little kid when he/she "pulled" the sword out of the stone! It was another one of those experiences that made the MK special. Wish they'd go back to the basics.
It got to be too much of a madhouse with pushing and shoving:grumpy: James mad a magical experience in 2011 so the show was gone before then

Goofyernmost

We had a Lincoln Towncar about the same price range and she was lovely to be a passenger in and to drive. Warm seats in winter, great comfy support just lovely and about the same price as you quoted. She did well to the 100,000 mark before like most aging autos it became an issue because everything cost a bazillion to repair or replace. It wasn't MY car, Mine was the Pick-up. Funny how that works out.
Yea, the things you don't think about when you buy it. Everything costs a fortune to replace. Even the battery, which had to be special, heavy duty because of all the "extras" in the car (so they told me) cost $250. Even AAA didn't carry those battery's and I had to go to the Cadillac dealer to get it replaced.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Haven't a clue what happened to the sword. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the ceremony they (at least used to have) at the sword, where they'd pick a kid from the crowd, to magically be able to pull out the sword.

Anyway, that aside, I hope you and A got to ride on the Prince Charming Regal Carousel -- I love that, and there was a refurbishment to it this past year. Glad to see the tarps around it are finally gone!!

20180923_125549.jpg

We did!! Yesterday we got to the park around 11:15: met Tinkerbell, caught the Move It Shake It dance party, met the stepsisters, meet Cinderella and Elana, ate at Friar Nooks, met Ariel, took the clamshell ride twice, rode Dumbo, met Donald and Goofy, met Minnie and Daisy, ride barnstormer, then took the moving park bench to the front of the park, then went the hotel for pool time and French fries. It was a busy day and even the adults were in bed by 8:25 pm

MySmallWorldof4

View attachment 315958

We did!! Yesterday we got to the park around 11:15: met Tinkerbell, caught the Move It Shake It dance party, met the stepsisters, meet Cinderella and Elana, ate at Friar Nooks, met Ariel, took the clamshell ride twice, rode Dumbo, met Donald and Goofy, met Minnie and Daisy, ride barnstormer, then took the moving park bench to the front of the park, then went the hotel for pool time and French fries. It was a busy day and even the adults were in bed by 8:25 pm
Awww, what a lovely picture! I love the smiles!!! Enjoy your trip to the fullest. You deserve it!:)

Figgy1

Premium Member
View attachment 315958

I'm beyond the moon both of you are having so much fun

Rista1313

View attachment 315958

Looks like you're having a ball already!

Goofyernmost

View attachment 315942

Does anybody know what happened to the sword? I mean don't get me wrong, it was funny telling A to pull the sword out when there wasn't one, but I'd honestly thought it was just one statue. I didn't think the sword actually came out!
Hope I don't spoil this for anyone, but, there was a person that was just a little ways away with a remote button. He randomly would chose a kid, who knows what criteria he/she used, but, when the mood struck they would push the button and the sword would release and allow them to pull it upward. I don't think it ever came completely out, but, after watching kid after kid tugging on the thing it because quite the thing to actually have it move.

Years back when my grandson was young we were approaching that spot and I saw the person that was controlling it so I took the opportunity to say to my grandson as we passed by him that he was a weakling and could never pull out the sword. I did that hoping that the person would say... oh, yea... watch this. Long story short my grandson got up there tugged a few times and up it came. I was forced to say, how sorry I was that I had thought he was weak because he was obviously almost as strong as me. My grandson then said to me... why don't you try it. (Wasn't expecting that) so I got up there and made like I was popping blood vessels, but, just couldn't budge it. As we left I looked over to the operator and winked in thanks then moved on. That kid talked about that experience for at least 3 years after that. I hope they haven't taken that out permanently, it meant a lot to a lot of kids.

Thinking back later I thought of how bad that could have backfired on me and I really regretted taking that chance. It worked out, but, could have been a disaster. Sometimes we just get lucky.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom