The Neighbor Lady and TP2000 Walk Into a Bar...

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

thank you all who replied. I did look in this site's abbreviations and TDA is not there at all. thank you for clarifying it. has been bugging me for a long time. also...what is up with all the RODGER RABBIT: CARTOON SPIN hate??? it is a amazing dark ride with a fantastic que. can someone give me a detailed reason why they hate the ride or want it gone because frankly, I don't get it or see it. I do agree about the state of TOONTOWN however. when it first opened it was awesome. goofy's bounce house, Donald's boat, the trolly, chip and dale's tree with the slide into the ball pit and gadget's go-coaster. now most of those are gone OR unaccessable. but gadet's is still there but even though it is short, it is a fantastic little coaster. however toontown has not held up as a land. even the MICKEY GLOVE HANDS that used to move around the gift shop no longer move. it has lost lots of it's original charm and up keep. last time I went there in 2008 it really saddened me, I can only imagine what it looks like now. but CARTOON SPIN and GADGET'S are the reason to visit and are making the land survive.

Old Mouseketeer

Wow. There's a lot to take in there, some good, some very astute, and some disastrous. But as bad as it is to hear how potentially useless Chapek is, there is actually something worse. If they truly believe they can move the entertainment and rehearsal hall buildings offsite, then I want what they've been smoking. I have been associated with people in the DL entertainment division (most since-retired) since the mid-70s. It's already damned hard to produce live entertainment in the DL parks. But moving those two facilities offsite would be unbelievably expensive from both a logistics and human standpoint. I know talented people who would not want to work under those conditions.

I suspect there may be a middle ground. There are probably two options. One hears that the huge merchandise warehouse building north of the parade warehouse and south of the new motor pool (which is at Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr.) is only half used due to changes in logistics with the Ontario warehouse. They could probably move about 1/4-1/3 of the Entertainment Operations offsite and relocate the rest into part of that space (in a multi-story structure). Alternatively, they could relocate some or all of the ride vehicle maintenance functions around the pyro farm and south of the TDA parking structure to an offsite location. but that has its own challenges.

This really gets down to the nitty and the gritty of site usage at the northern end of the property. After the relocations for SW:GE they are left with three large parcels: Entertainment, Merch. receiving/distro, and ride vehicle maintenance. And basically they can only eliminate no more than half the square footage of those (if that) IMHO. This could get interesting.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

I believe Jim Hill said on a recentish episode of the Disney Dish that many of the Imagineers in creative positions no longer know how to draw.

🚩RED FLAG!!🚩
Maybe this is the reason the new mickey ride is using the cartoon designs and not any of the previous ones. The imagineers don't know how to draw mickey and the only transparent images they had lying around were the new ones.

Stevek

thank you all who replied. I did look in this site's abbreviations and TDA is not there at all. thank you for clarifying it. has been bugging me for a long time. also...what is up with all the RODGER RABBIT: CARTOON SPIN hate??? it is a amazing dark ride with a fantastic que. can someone give me a detailed reason why they hate the ride or want it gone because frankly, I don't get it or see it. I do agree about the state of TOONTOWN however. when it first opened it was awesome. goofy's bounce house, Donald's boat, the trolly, chip and dale's tree with the slide into the ball pit and gadget's go-coaster. now most of those are gone OR unaccessable. but gadet's is still there but even though it is short, it is a fantastic little coaster. however toontown has not held up as a land. even the MICKEY GLOVE HANDS that used to move around the gift shop no longer move. it has lost lots of it's original charm and up keep. last time I went there in 2008 it really saddened me, I can only imagine what it looks like now. but CARTOON SPIN and GADGET'S are the reason to visit and are making the land survive.
I don't think there is really much hate for Roger...it's a fantastic dark ride. The issue really is more about Toontown and it being under utilized and kinda falling apart. Disneyland needs more ride capacity and the new Mickey dark ride will likely fit that bill.

Phroobar

I don't think there is really much hate for Roger...it's a fantastic dark ride. The issue really is more about Toontown and it being under utilized and kinda falling apart. Disneyland needs more ride capacity and the new Mickey dark ride will likely fit that bill.
Will it? WDI only makes rides that are low capacity lately.

Californian Elitist

The Disney Dummies are at it again. No surprise here, folks.

One of my friends is also a USC student who is double majoring in psychology and themed design. One of her classes took a field trip to Disney Imagineering in Glendale this past Friday. She told me the imagineers themselves told the students they aim to design attractions with clout. They then told the students they failed in that regard with Guardians and Pixar Pier, and these offerings will never compare to the likes of Pirates and Mansion.

They know they’re screwing things up (not the imagineers necessarily).

mickEblu

The Disney Dummies are at it again. No surprise here, folks.

One of my friends is also a USC student who is double majoring in psychology and themed design. One of her classes took a field trip to Disney Imagineering in Glendale this past Friday. She told me the imagineers themselves told the students they aim to design attractions with clout. They then told the students they failed in that regard with Guardians and Pixar Pier, and these offerings will never compare to the likes of Pirates and Mansion.

They know they’re screwing things up (not the imagineers necessarily).

Vindication feels so great.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I believe Jim Hill said on a recentish episode of the Disney Dish that many of the Imagineers in creative positions no longer know how to draw.

🚩RED FLAG!!🚩

I don't know if I believe that. WDI touches almost every aspect of the company now. Its no longer an extension of the Studio like in Walt's day where they were former or current animators working on Walt's projects. So they have many people in creative positions that do different disciplines of design like industrial, mechanical, fashion, architecture, graphic, etc. All of which require a different level of knowing how to draw.

One doesn't have to be an animator or artist to be in WDI.

Suspirian

I don't know if I believe that. WDI touches almost every aspect of the company now. Its no longer an extension of the Studio like in Walt's day where they were former or current animators working on Walt's projects. So they have many people in creative positions that do different disciplines of design like industrial, mechanical, fashion, architecture, graphic, etc. All of which require a different level of knowing how to draw.

One doesn't have to be an animator or artist to be in WDI.

This is true but people practicing the diciplines you mention are typically able to draw.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom